Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully someone will be put into place who genuinely cares about the server, is willing to do the work and follow through with it till completion, and not disregard the needs of the server for the needs and wants of their friends/VIPs.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:52 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
"You put up with a lot of **** and still did all you could. Inspirational really."
I love you Kevin. Cowabunga!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I obviously can't speak on behalf of everyone who plays UN at any given time,

I can go on and could probably start a petition since I understand that's what has worked in the past, but I can't even see how that's necessary.

The consensus seems to me to be that the majority believe Luca should be removed, while remaining split on Cron.
1 - You can speak on behalf of me at any time, because everything you say is my thoughts exactly.

2 - You should start a petition.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Hopefully someone will be put into place who genuinely cares about the server..
I don't think such a person exists.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Playing since in '04.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't think such a person exists.
That would actually be me or (can't say for sure) Mark Sir Link.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HirakoShinji View Post
That would actually be me or (can't say for sure) Mark Sir Link.
I don't think so. You only play because it's the only thing closest to Classic iPhone, Kevin only plays because it's the closest thing to Classic. "Unholy Nation" as a concept (has there ever been one?) is just a fallback server in my eyes. I think you'd be very hard-pressed to find someone who actually cares about the server itself, not just that its the only possible server to play on in a dying genre, or its remaining community.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Playing since in '04.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't think so. You only play because it's the only thing closest to Classic iPhone, Kevin only plays because it's the closest thing to Classic. "Unholy Nation" as a concept (has there ever been one?) is just a fallback server in my eyes. I think you'd be very hard-pressed to find someone who actually cares about the server itself, not just that its the only possible server to play on in a dying genre or its remaining community.
1 - I have never played Classic iPhone.
2 - I am a long-term Unholy Nation player. (Regardless of my hours)
And I'm sorry you see it as a fallback server.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
And I'm sorry you see it as a fallback server.
Judging from most of the players on it, I don't think I'm the only one.

Quote:
1 - I have never played Classic iPhone.
2 - I am a long-term Unholy Nation player. (Regardless of my hours)
My bad, so what is "Unholy Nation" to you?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Playing since in '04.
To me,
Unholy Nation is a server that I've played on for a little under 6 years and have had fun on there even when people are being idiots and acting rude. I didn't play as P2P for very long so that really bummed me out but when I did get a P2P, all the advantages came to me and actually made me want to play less. Nowadays I just make stuff for my Reborn server (not advertising) and apply to be GP or LAT on UN. I did take a 5 month break to sort out some personal issues, so that made me lose out on some things but I quickly caught up on them.
So, I'll ask you your question.
What is "Unholy Nation" to you? (Besides you thinking it's a fallback server)

Old 10-15-2010, 04:07 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Unholy Nation is a generic classic server that exists as nothing more than an attempt to take every trait of a quality classic style server and dilute it enough to fit into their already mediocre system. It has everything a classic server needs, but it doesn't dedicate itself to anything.

Sure, it has quests. But they're low quality ones, with no depth and easily forgettable. Sure, it has events and sparring, but they're the lifeblood of the server, and who doesn't have those anyway? And if hours of events don't hold you over, UN is not for you.

It has a ton of quirky, unique things, and that's the problem. It has lots of amazing ideas but no one will flesh them out, so it just becomes the Mario Party equivalent of a Graal server. There's a lot of little, fun things. But that's all they are, little. Not actually the main appeal of the game.

It's a shame that the last of the classic servers is also the dullest. Most of the people I see on it on my buddylist or when I get on are the people who played Classic, Delteria, or NPulse. The people whose servers went down and moved somewhere with similar gameplay. Whether you play it for other reasons or not is irrelevant, because it is undeniably, as Rufus put it, a fallback server.

It doesn't help that it loses a manager every month, its staff line up is constantly fluctuating, and it's obvious no one knows what direction it should be going.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Playing since in '04.
I could probably spruce up the quests and make them entertaining but I'd need some time.
By the way kia345, you were right about everything.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
What is "Unholy Nation" to you? (Besides you thinking it's a fallback server)
I have always considered Unholy Nation to be a horrible mess, especially in terms of its content. It lacks structure, it lacks coherence, and it doesn't show any signs of being an actual playable game. Because of this I've never had any desire to play on it, but due to what happened to Classic, I was pretty much forced to. I didn't start playing by myself though; there was a few of us left on Classic and we all moved over together. We ignored how big of a mess the server was, we met new people, and we seemed to easily integrate into the server. I think that's the only way you can play this server, if you ignore how bad it is.

After about a year I got egged on by a few people to apply to the Events Team. I cracked, applied, and got the job. I never cared about the position, but I'd never apply to something if I wasn't going to do it right. I'm going to be honest though, I was entirely selfish in accepting the job because I had seen it as an opportunity to retain players. Without people around things are just going to end up like Classic, and at that point you can no longer ignore how bad the server is. For once on Graal I just wanted to be able to play the ****ing game with people.

It seems the development staff have always been quite content on ignoring all of the problems the server has too, because every addition to the server over the years has just been adding crap on top of crap. This only stimulates for so long however, and because the the players are no longer getting that (and haven't been for quite some time now) it starts to become a problem you can't escape. When your friends stop logging on, when you start to get a low participation in events, when there's nothing to do BUT host events, you can not just ignore how bad the server is. This is where we are now, and honestly, I can't really see that changing.

Nobody cares about Unholy Nation as a server, because it never was one. It's extremely unfortunate, but we just need someone who will work.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:58 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
UN is a terrible server, like many i only play it because it's the last "classic" server left (npulse doesnt count, what a joke of a dead server).

actually i dont even play UN much anymore so w/e. but the staff list is a horrible mess and i've already brought this up before but no one listens, as usual.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Playing since in '04.
Rufus, I would work on the server a lot. But the time it would take would probably be 1 or 2 years alone. If someone would help, we could actually make it better.
But as Crono said, "like many i only play it because it's the last 'classic' server left".
I could change everything if I had the rights, but since it's a classic server I shouldn't.
If the server changes so much as a more detailed tileset, osl change, town change, or quest change, it won't be Unholy Nation so much anymore.
But what I 'would' do if I was LAT is update the quests. They are boring as **** and they need to be changed. Though, knowing the head lat, I won't even get hired.
People tell me I have so much potential going to waste and I should do something with it, yet whenever I try and do something I end up getting a storm in my face about how I shouldn't bother with anything. It gets really irritating hearing people calling me an idiot over this stuff.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Mario Party Graal server
I wish!