Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post
Bad News
Esteria is Dead again
Good News
iam out of graal and will never do anything for it

so gl&hf for all players and projects

Maybe Crow and me do our own Game Project later if we have time
Can I have the tileset?

Seriously though, it showed promise. I'm sad to see it go.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
I was actually looking forwared to esteria, o well. Im sure if you gave the graphics to someone else it could go somewhere one day.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Bad News
Esteria is Dead again
Good News

Old 01-26-2007, 11:28 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Big sorry dudes, but as Angelu already said, we may make our own, offline project later. I am still playing Graal, so I may give you guys a link if we will finish this project some day. We wont give out the tiles though, because we will of course use them for our offline project later

Edit:
Side note: The project will not be Graal based anymore, so I guess this is not the right forum to discuss this. But you may give this thread another week to discuss a little bit zwr :P
Old 01-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you don't have the patience to finish a graal server, you have no-chance making a standalone game.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Buh, ****ing bull****. You'll never complete a standalone game. So don't bother trying if you can't finish a Graal server.

You guys are a waste of space.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Only way you can finish a stand alone game is if you can find more developers outside of graal than you can inside. Which is very unlikely.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:59 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Bad News
Esteria is Dead again
Good News

I hate to say I saw it coming... but... I saw it coming.

So what exactly is the reason for quitting?

The old "graal is going nowhere" excuse is lame. You should have known Graal's direction long before you started a server. Also, it's not as though you can't attract outsiders to your graal playerworld.

Just sounds like you guys got stuck somewhere or tired of working on the same project. More than likely one or several of you will attempt a seperate game which won't get very far and fall apart, or will take many many years to release. Good luck with that though.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-27-2007, 04:06 AM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Instead of quitting you could always just take a break and reorganize.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Or maybe pass the project on to someone else?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
:/ Goodluck!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
LOL

I'm still waiting over 5 years or something like that for WarCaptain (I think it was him, can't remember who owned Engima without looking at my AIM list to see his nick) to make his game. You will be lucky if you make it a few weeks before you give up.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
LOL

I'm still waiting over 5 years or something like that for WarCaptain (I think it was him, can't remember who owned Engima without looking at my AIM list to see his nick) to make his game. You will be lucky if you make it a few weeks before you give up.
LOL man I think Warcaptain gave up on that game a long time ago. I remember I was mod on the main part of his forums, even though maybe 3-4 people posted a day. :P
Old 01-27-2007, 02:44 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Reason for quitting? Another project. Not a Graal project, and also not a project with the graphics of Esteria. So stop saying we dont have the patience to finish a damn Graal server, mkay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
I hate to say I saw it coming... but... I saw it coming.

So what exactly is the reason for quitting?

The old "graal is going nowhere" excuse is lame. You should have known Graal's direction long before you started a server. Also, it's not as though you can't attract outsiders to your graal playerworld.

Just sounds like you guys got stuck somewhere or tired of working on the same project. More than likely one or several of you will attempt a seperate game which won't get very far and fall apart, or will take many many years to release. Good luck with that though.
I wasnt tired of working on Esteria. I worked almost every day, but as I said, theres another project right now :]
Old 01-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Reason for quitting? Another project. Not a Graal project, and also not a project with the graphics of Esteria. So stop saying we dont have the patience to finish a damn Graal server, mkay?

I wasnt tired of working on Esteria. I worked almost every day, but as I said, theres another project right now :]
If you are working on another project which has made you quit Esteria, then yes, you have grown tired of Esteria. If you weren't tired of it, you would have finished it and THEN began working on this other project. Don't bother trying to explain your way out of that.

We've seen you guys come and go. The people who have hyped themselves right out of Graal. Your thought processes are all the same:

"Hmmm... if we are getting this much hype from our unreleased Graal server, just imagine how popular our own game would be! Plus we would be in total control and be able to profit! Screw making a "damn" graal server! Those things are going nowhere!"

Then you spend up to a year finding out that you need a lot more experience managing and developing an online game than you thought.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!