Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I've payed my own things for my own hard earned money since I was 15, which makes it 6 years now.

The prices are **** cheap comparing to some other games, and I'm not complaining about the content I get (although I only Dev and play on Kingdoms occasionally).

Ok but why the hell would anyone want to have to pay ANYTHING for a dead 2D game when you could easily play for a free MMO that has 100x more players than Graal? That's the point I'm trying to bring. On top of that, why are we paying to make servers on a game that's keeping it alive entirely? If you're satisfied with anything about how the payment system of Graal then you sir are retarded.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
Ok but why the hell would anyone want to have to pay ANYTHING for a dead 2D game when you could easily play for a free MMO that has 100x more players than Graal? That's the point I'm trying to bring.
Far from everyone feels this way, obviously, since Graal is still making money. And yes, it is somewhat dead to what it used to be, but it goes up and down like it always have. Just since they changed the whole account system, there's been a **** load of Graal#### registered, meaning there's definitely new players coming.

Quote:
On top of that, why are we paying to make servers on a game that's keeping it alive entirely?
You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. No one is forcing you to develop your own server, if you want to make your own playerworld you have to rent space for a server - exactly like webhosts etc.

And don't bring up the "but I need gold to work on UC servers!!" bullcrap, because CJ changed that a while back. If you pay for Graal, you get access to everything, whether you want it or not. That alone is an awesome change, sure it makes the game a little bit more expensive, but it unites the subscriptions into a single one which makes it more efficient in the long run.

If you were to combine the prices of the previous P2P, Zone Gold, Kingdoms Gold, and Playerworlds Gold - it'd be a lot more expensive then the current subscription.

Quote:
If you're satisfied with anything about how the payment system of Graal then you sir are retarded.
Whatever you say.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Lucas
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Quote:
Far from everyone feels this way, obviously, since Graal is still making money. And yes, it is somewhat dead to what it used to be, but it goes up and down like it always have. Just since they changed the whole account system, there's been a **** load of Graal#### registered, meaning there's definitely new players coming.
Or just a lot of people getting banned and getting their parents to buy them a new one. Seriously, how long do you think the actual new players stay on Graal before deleting it and sueing the owners for waste 10 minutes of their lives?

Quote:
You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. No one is forcing you to develop your own server, if you want to make your own playerworld you have to rent space for a server - exactly like webhosts etc.

And don't bring up the "but I need gold to work on UC servers!!" bullcrap, because CJ changed that a while back. If you pay for Graal, you get access to everything, whether you want it or not. That alone is an awesome change, sure it makes the game a little bit more expensive, but it unites the subscriptions into a single one which makes it more efficient in the long run.

If you were to combine the prices of the previous P2P, Zone Gold, Kingdoms Gold, and Playerworlds Gold - it'd be a lot more expensive then the current subscription.
Um, the fact that you have to pay for a Develoment licence AND the tools for some dead beat game is STUPID. If anything, they should be paying the members who got their servers to classic considering that those are the servers that are keeping Graal alive.

I'm pretty sure if Zodiac, Era, or even Unholy Nation were to shut down and eventually become their own game, Graal would completely be dead. Seriously, $100 to buy the license, then another $30 for the tools. The most action you'll ever see on your server is 40 people.

"Awesome! I'm paying $130 to entertain a decaying rate of 40 people! Totally worth the money guys!"

People are better off buying RPG Maker and sending their game to the public. There are games on miniclip.com that have more players.

Quote:
Whatever you say.
If you want to continue throwing money at a dead game, go for it.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Plus $30 for tools? You do realize that your account doesn't need a Godl subscription to logon your own server I hope.

And, by all means, you're free to leave the game.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Lucas
I actually am on the verge of leaving seeing that most of the common complaints/suggestions aren't being noticed by the people who run the game. I'm just trying to not do what majority of Graal's players did and quit.

Tell me this sir, if Graal is such a good bargain and worth paying for (lol), why are there so many people quitting?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
LOOK :

Graal Playercount this year:

Unholy Nation this year:

but maybe this is just temp... it's probably caused by the financial crisis thats going on.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
The whole point of Graal is that it's a very small community, where you can make sure friends and you know you'll keep them for a long time, because there are not 350,000 other people playing and trying to look like anyone else.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
but maybe this is just temp... it's probably caused by the financial crisis thats going on.
Or maybe because summer break is over and school is starting, plus the upcoming Wrath of the Lich King?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Lucas
Quote:
Or maybe because summer break is over and school is starting, plus the upcoming Wrath of the Lich King?
I'm pretty sure classes are going to be empty and there will be almost no traffic on the release date for this.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
I'm pretty sure classes are going to be empty and there will be almost no traffic on the release date for this.
Oh I see you've started to argue on anything you see. Since when ?

If you'r not happy with it then you can leave, but I guess there is still something in graal that makes you stay, because you sir sill got a job.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
Oh I see you've started to argue on anything you see. Since when ?

If you'r not happy with it then you can leave, but I guess there is still something in graal that makes you stay, because you sir sill got a job.
What the hell are you talking about? I was referring to Wrath of the Lich King. Why are you so quick to jump and fight for Graal? I didn't even say anything about it. Calm down kid.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Yes, indeed.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
The whole point of Graal is that it's a very small community, where you can make sure friends and you know you'll keep them for a long time, because there are not 350,000 other people playing and trying to look like anyone else.
No.

Friendship is not the point of Graal.

I did not join and pay for Graal with the anticipation of making new friends. I joined and paid for Graal so I could experience the features I was being denied in the trial.

With the community in the state it is, I'd asked to be paid to stay rather than pay to stay. The lead developers are incompetent at any form of marketing strategy, completely incapable of listening to customers about what they want, and attempt to mask all this over with various 'competitions' that imply that CJ is infact financially well enough off to offer such promotions.

This game is utterly doomed to fail if several things do not happen:

* The current trial system needs to be revised.
* The current payment system needs to be revised.
* Development and costs thereof need to be reassesed and expanded (the tools, not the cost)
* The game needs to be advertised. HEAVILY.
* Global guidelines for server operation and moderation need to be set and enforced by global staff
* Strict quality control and regular staff monitoring needs to be set and enforced by global staff
* The entire 'multiplayer-only' facet of many servers needs to be eradicated and replaced with a system that allows for proper play with or without a community present

If none of these happen, Graal will die. At the current rate of depletion, I can only see maybe three or four years left in the project. Something needs to be done.

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeiphon View Post
No.

Friendship is not the point of Graal.

I did not join and pay for Graal with the anticipation of making new friends. I joined and paid for Graal so I could experience the features I was being denied in the trial.

With the community in the state it is, I'd asked to be paid to stay rather than pay to stay. The lead developers are incompetent at any form of marketing strategy, completely incapable of listening to customers about what they want, and attempt to mask all this over with various 'competitions' that imply that CJ is infact financially well enough off to offer such promotions.

This game is utterly doomed to fail if several things do not happen:

* The current trial system needs to be revised.
* The current payment system needs to be revised.
* Development and costs thereof need to be reassesed and expanded (the tools, not the cost)
* Global guidelines for server operation and moderation need to be set and enforced by global staff
* Strict quality control and regular staff monitoring needs to be set and enforced by global staff
* The entire 'multiplayer-only' facet of many servers needs to be eradicated and replaced with a system that allows for proper play with or without a community present

If none of these happen, Graal will die. At the current rate of depletion, I can only see maybe three or four years left in the project. Something needs to be done.
Once again I say, you're ****ing awesome.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeiphon View Post
I must agree, It been a bit more than 7 years now and I still didn't see any Graal advertising. That's probably why it's such a SMALL community.

Compare to any other game, they advertise like hell, it's like you got 50ads per websites