Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
No kid with access to SMS is going to be punished for using it, that's a risk the parents take when they buy them a phone and pay the bills for it.
Oh really, so you wouldn't be upset if your child racked up a $500 phone bill from buying gelats? It's different if they ask, but if it was done without my knowledge I'd be pretty angry. Please don't say, "Maybe they shouldn't have text messaging." Besides, I wouldn't let my kid have a cell phone if he/she wasn't paying for it or working it off somehow. I'd like to be able to trust my child.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Oh really, so you wouldn't be upset if your child racked up a $500 phone bill from buying gelats? It's different if they ask, but if it was done without my knowledge I'd be pretty angry. Please don't say, "Maybe they shouldn't have text messaging." Besides, I wouldn't let my kid have a cell phone if he/she wasn't paying for it or working it off somehow. I'd like to be able to trust my child.
Explain how someone is going to buy 500 dollars worth of Gelats on one bill. Isnt that like 50 000 Gelats

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Explain how someone is going to buy 500 dollars worth of Gelats on one bill. Isnt that like 50 000 Gelats
It's not really the amount that matters, it's the fact that it could be done, and the principle of the matter. Even if it was $50, wouldn't you be upset your child didn't ask for permission?

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Kids rack up phone bills all the time, and stupid parents pay for them.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
I was just replying to the fact that you said no kids get punished for using SMS in a manner that it wasn't intended for. It's on the plan to text message, not to buy crap with. I know companies love the fact that they can charge over SMS just for those unsuspecting parents. I'd never let my kid have a cell phone on my plan again. I just find your logic unreasonable. No one gets punished for it? Please.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-10-2009, 08:44 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
mine ranges from 25-30 dollars a month. nothing big. my mom and i share a plan.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:04 PM
SC2 Player
Schetti is on a distinguished road
ever heared
SARCASM?

I will shut up on GK-Forums I think.
better for all
Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schetti View Post
ever heared
SARCASM?

I will shut up on GK-Forums I think.
better for all
Apparently English isn't your first language, and it's already hard enough to tell if someone is being sarcastic over a forum unless they use the "" smiley.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-10-2009, 10:42 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
Agreed. Unless of course they are planning on spending the money they make on something which will progress graal and extend it to new heights then I'm fine paying $60 (Aus Currency xD) a year for it, but only if they are actually planning on spending the money productively towards Graal, E.g. getting a better source (the source is already quite good) or something alone the lines of that

If Not then make the price like drop a little (We are in a bad economic situation and a lot of the children's parents may not be so willing to allow their children to through $40+ dollars towards a game in a time like this)
I wouldn't be okay paying $60 in the current state. MMORPG's need the massive multiplayer part to be successful. Cyberjoueurs has racked up enough dough to keep Graal going, but I'm almost sure it's not that much of a real profit. If Graal was less money (or the old "per month" "per 3 month" "per 6 month" "per year" to make it seem like less money, while also making it a bit less) then I'm sure more people would subscribe, bringing in even more cash, and also more people that will tell their friends who will tell their friends, etc.
Good point about the economy though, especially for people in college paying that much (though I'm not all too sure about that, seeing as I'm still only in 8th grade).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
You will find out that sacrificing stuff just to play a online game isn't worth it.
A good point. And there are much better-presented games to entertain yourself with to buy, even ones for free.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
MMORPG's need the massive multiplayer part to be successful.
If you want to complain about the massively multiplayer aspect of Graal that isn't there, you have to take this much further than the forums specifically for Graal Kingdoms. No server is massively multiplayer and none of them ever will be. On a more personal basis, the only reason I play is because my computer cannot handle anything else. And I can barely run Graal.

Last edited by BigBear3; 02-10-2009 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: sdaf
Old 02-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
The price of graal does rival those of MMORPG's and Xbox Live... It's pretty ridiculous to say the least.

Graal, if it was to be set in a direction, should focus on advertising itself more, offering cheaper deals UNTIL we pick up member count and can actually demand a higher joining fee. GK and Zone should be made the main products, cash cows if you like. I can imagine GK and zone needing to expand into several sub-servers to cope with a large amount of players. But alot of development, especially in GK would need to be done before it can be marketed like this. Zone is much easier to market.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
no kid with access to sms is going to be punished for using it, that's a risk the parents take when they buy them a phone and pay the bills for it.
qft
Old 02-11-2009, 06:55 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
No kid with access to SMS is going to be punished for using it, that's a risk the parents take when they buy them a phone and pay the bills for it.
Quote:
qft
I have no idea about your guys' parents, but my parents would be very upset if I ran up a huge phone bill using my SMS service in order to pay for Graal.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
The price of graal does rival those of MMORPG's and Xbox Live... It's pretty ridiculous to say the least.

Graal, if it was to be set in a direction, should focus on advertising itself more, offering cheaper deals UNTIL we pick up member count and can actually demand a higher joining fee.
If they make it cheaper then raise the prices again, won't the playercount decline and end up eventually in a situation like it's in now? If I was paying for a game annually for £20, and they raised it to £40 when I don't think it's worth £40 then I would leave and I imagine quite a few others would too. This is why people aren't paying now as the prices have went up for some people.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:49 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
qft
Spoiled.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers