Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
aka NewYorkerNick
NewYorkerNicole will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NewYorkerNicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
The first signs of corruption surround us. What ever will we do?
You can start by getting me a soda. Diet plz.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Untitled
Supertron26 is on a distinguished road
It seems to me that the moment players from the iPhone server enter the PC community they are welcomed back onto Classic iPhone as GP's. All this seems to be doing is making the other players on the iPhone server ask why they cannot "be admin" too.
All the same, I wish the same had applied when I started playing on "real graal".

Question: If one synchronised swimmer drowns do the rest drown too?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Trak will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmeh View Post
the first signs of corruption surround us. What ever will we do?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Get_20to_20the_20Choppa.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	50906
Old 04-15-2010, 09:47 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertron26 View Post
It seems to me that the moment players from the iPhone server enter the PC community they are welcomed back onto Classic iPhone as GP's.
Examples? Simply curious.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkerNicole View Post
You can start by getting me a soda. Diet plz.
Me too please.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Untitled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Examples? Simply curious.
The two most recent GP hirings, I belive.

Lordofpi13 and Newyorkernick.

As far as I know they where both previously iPhone players and had only recntly joined the PC community, and had little, if not no experience as staff on servers.

I don't know all the facts but I do know that the two in question where iPhone players, quite popular on there as a matter of fact, and had only recently started playing on the PC.

My point is that surely if the staff of the iPhone server belive that the iPhone players will become the new generation of Graal Players, then surely they should have more experienced people dealing with them. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, but it just makes more sense using experienced people.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:00 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
My point is that surely if the staff of the iPhone server belive that the iPhone players will become the new generation of Graal Players, then surely they should have more experienced people dealing with them. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, but it just makes more sense using experienced people.
Most "experienced" GPs on the PC Graal servers aren't that great.

Also I think you're kinda ignoring the fact that maybe they were hired as staff before they joined the PC community.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Also I think you're kinda ignoring the fact that maybe they were hired as staff before they joined the PC community.
Not that I care for this discussion, but FYI they weren't.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Yep, most of them are hired, and they're required to get on PC to work.

and they're still iphone players, so am I!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Untitled
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Most "experienced" GPs on the PC Graal servers aren't that great.

Yes, it can be argued that experienced people aren't the best in some situations.

But honestly, hired before they joined the PC community?
Sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I ever...

Also I actually know as a fact that at least one of them was not hired before entering the PC community. I saw them post on a forum about the iPhone game that they had just been hired AFTER I had seen them online on a PC server. Unholy Nation in fact.

Also I belive Xor recently had some trouble with a GP on there, whom I belive may have been quite inexperienced. It's a rare thing to happen, but having had it happen surely they'd want to be more careful.

If you know more on the matter then please put me right, I am simply going with the information that I have.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Untitled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
Yep, most of them are hired, and they're required to get on PC to work.

In that case how are they selected? Isn't it a bit of a risk picking someone out of the iPhone community and asking them to get on a computer and come on graal?

After all, they may have a lot of issues, computer trouble etc. And in addition to that you have no idea how they are going to react.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I've seen a few different forums where people are discussing GraalOnline for the iPhone. One in particular has a thread with around 500 pages that Stefan actively posts in (I can't remember the name of it, and I don't feel like searching for a link). I've also seen NewYorkerNicole posting and participating in that community frequently...sharing videos and whatnot.

My point is, stop crying because I'm sure they were hired for a reason.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Untitled
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I've seen a few different forums where people are discussing GraalOnline for the iPhone. One in particular has a thread with around 500 pages that Stefan actively posts in (I can't remember the name of it, and I don't feel like searching for a link). I've also seen NewYorkerNicole posting and participating in that community frequently...sharing videos and whatnot.

My point is, stop crying because I'm sure they were hired for a reason.

I think the forum you are talking about is the Toucharcade forum?
I used to read every single comment on that thread when I started playing the iPhone server. I never made an account and posted myself tho...

I'm not "crying" as it where.
I'm making a point. The only reason I was making the point was because I wanted to make my presence known and had no other way of doing so without embarassing myself. Ummm...Ok?

Glad I cleared that up....

Old 04-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
But honestly, hired before they joined the PC community?
Sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I ever...
No it's not x-x. It is true that iphone players can be quite unfamiliar with how the PC Graal works, but i'm sure if they just logged in any server, play for like 1 hour I'm sure they can get used to it. Besides it's not a hard thing to teach.

Quote:
Also I actually know as a fact that at least one of them was not hired before entering the PC community. I saw them post on a forum about the iPhone game that they had just been hired AFTER I had seen them online on a PC server. Unholy Nation in fact.
So what really?:/ Everyone has the same chance of joining the team. There are quite a load of players that download graal and start playing PC Graal, but not just because they started playing PC means they'll become GPs.

Quote:
Also I belive Xor recently had some trouble with a GP on there, whom I belive may have been quite inexperienced. It's a rare thing to happen, but having had it happen surely they'd want to be more careful.
That happens on every server, doesn't matter if it's iphone or not.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Untitled
read me other message.

As I said, the only reason I rasied this point was to make my presence known. I don't really care who gets hired onto the iPhone server, as long as they do their job.