Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
How about you have to just pay a fee to keep your house up for so long, in game money... not real money. That way when you run out of the money to pay for your house, you just can't enter it until you pay it back. Or if you wait too long, the staff can go in there and take all the items to be put back into events... And sell the house to someone else.

I completely disagree with their latest decision to make houses fall faster. Just pushing more people to leave the game now as their items they don't wish to carry for the moment, are lost in some stupid little house. Theres no way in hell they can retrieve their items, and no warning its even going to fall. It makes it worse you have to run to main to get supplies. Now you have to run to main even more for a stupid house when your better off carrying everything and leaving the server for 4 years to see if things improve here on GK now.

I see that staff don't actually care to keep the server alive.. so Now I have to go yell at them.... No Bjorn I don't care... No smart replies either.. seriously.

**Side note - As a kingdom leader, I'd rather see MORE houses, even if they are never used, on the island. Think I care any?? no.. Because when I'm tired of staring at inactive hosues, I can simply push them out of my way and make room for someone else. What your doing now, just killing the server.. is freaking lame as hell...

Maybe you can use that kingdom tax money to keep the buildings up, or use it to "buy" repairs for the houses on your island, maybe even let people donate to it.

Last edited by ReBorn_Spirit; 01-27-2008 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: Because staff are dumb and I forget to add a few things..
Old 01-27-2008, 12:34 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps a "junk yard" where the contents of a fallen house go and are up for grabs? Maybe even throw in some "guard" monsters to protect them.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:29 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Maybe there should be a part of the time when anyone can enter the house (like when it reaches 0%) for ten days or so and the house looks broken down and the door looks broken and stuff and just anyone can go in and take stuff before it actually falls down, or the owner has an extra chance to repair their house.
You said it yourself. I agree.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 AM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
How about instead, just make the house where you can access it while it's at 0%, but as long as you come back and repair it, you can get in, and all of your stuff will be in tact?

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..
Old 04-15-2011, 03:52 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't create this thread so the owner can get the items back knux. this was meant to keep the items that are in graal flowing from player to player.

I had a cauldron +2 that fell in one of my houses when my computer crashed. i had no way of getting it and nobody kept up on the house. I would rather some noob... or anyone of the fact to come along and have that cauldron than it just disappear in my house...
Old 04-15-2011, 03:55 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knux View Post
How about instead, just make the house where you can access it while it's at 0%, but as long as you come back and repair it, you can get in, and all of your stuff will be in tact?
sounds good to me
Old 04-15-2011, 04:10 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knux View Post
MEH. I think if it hits 0%, it should be anyones game... I'd rather see my 570 EC die than see someone else get it, just so the items leave the economy, that's 1710 hrs worth of EC's spawned by EA's (EA's can spawn 40 EC every 120 hrs) but it'd be much more legit to see a new player walk by a dead house and take it. I'm sure someone can make an edit of the current houses a bit broken down and degraded.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:19 PM
xXTaikunXx is on a distinguished road
it should stay as it is. 6 years ago, my house fell too because i was on holiday in real life. i lost like girdle of fighting, tons of plat, ancient bamboo stick and who knows what else was in there.
fact is that this is a roleplaying game and if you don't care about your house, it will fall (like in real life). if you plan to quit then just take everything valuable out of your house and leave it on the char.
i also tried to get the stuff back but the lvls are lost as soon as the house falls (at least that's what stefan said to me back then). but as i said. i think it is better the way it is now. imagine houses wouldn't break - all the islands would be flooded and that would suck. i remember when there were more players active, you could only hardly find a place to build your house on..
Old 04-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
What a bump.

And this is only an issue because GK fails at a very basic, yet core, thing. Gaining items. It's just not possible for the majority, so when a wealthy players house dies, there's a hysteria about those items dieing. And let's face it, events or the events system aren't being used enough to put items back into the economy. Even though it requires very little effort..
I think it's better to just leave it as it is. House dies, it dies, item dies, end of story. Only person who should have a legit claim to those items stored is the neglectful house owner. 'Scroll of house Revival' would be a nice concept for a gk gelat shop.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:58 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
GK needs to have permanent storage. As a player who lost dual RoWs and other items after quitting for a few months, knowing that you have to start over is a huge deterrent to playing again.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:58 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
stefan / tig can restore houses. I should get you to restore all my houses
Old 04-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Duergar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTaikunXx View Post
it should stay as it is. 6 years ago, my house fell too because i was on holiday in real life. i lost like girdle of fighting, tons of plat, ancient bamboo stick and who knows what else was in there.
fact is that this is a roleplaying game and if you don't care about your house, it will fall (like in real life). if you plan to quit then just take everything valuable out of your house and leave it on the char.
i also tried to get the stuff back but the lvls are lost as soon as the house falls (at least that's what stefan said to me back then). but as i said. i think it is better the way it is now. imagine houses wouldn't break - all the islands would be flooded and that would suck. i remember when there were more players active, you could only hardly find a place to build your house on..
If a house was to fall... not everything would fall with it. you could puick through the rubble and a lot of stuff would still be intact. =/ if you read my post i was suggesting that something be done with the items in the house to keep them flowing around the server... no let the house stay up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I think it's better to just leave it as it is. House dies, it dies, item dies, end of story. Only person who should have a legit claim to those items stored is the neglectful house owner. 'Scroll of house Revival' would be a nice concept for a gk gelat shop.
that's a good solution let the items disappear and let every item become rare... even though most of them aren't useful...
Old 04-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
that's a good solution let the items disappear and let every item become rare... even though most of them aren't useful...
Great how you've ignored the beginning of my post. But let me make my points clearer. This notion that we should recycle items that have been made 'lost' through houses falling by redistributing them is not something that any effort should be put into. This fails to see the bigger picture and doesn't deal with it in a long term and progressive way.

Clearly the worry is that through houses falling items are being lost and there aren't enough to supply the entire server therefore making things unnecessarily rare. Lets say theoretically we put back all legit items that were destroyed through houses falling down. These items would probably sustain a population of 80-120 online average? Where's the solution to growth? There is none. These items wouldn't support a population of 1000 and wouldn't accurately reflect the servers health in terms of population. If the server remained at 20 average there'd be too many items.

Better you just keep it like it is. House dies. Items die. End of story.
Better the focus be put on ways for players to obtain more items through methods like crafting, rewarded for events, rewarded for roleplaying etc. These methods would be much more long-term and growth supportive than simply recycling the old.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 AM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
I just think as long as it's 0%, you can't get in, but as long as you get it back up to 100% you can go back in and what not. This would be neat.

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..

Last edited by Knux; 04-16-2011 at 01:34 AM..
Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Duergar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Great how you've ignored the beginning of my post. But let me make my points clearer. This notion that we should recycle items that have been made 'lost' through houses falling by redistributing them is not something that any effort should be put into. This fails to see the bigger picture and doesn't deal with it in a long term and progressive way.

Clearly the worry is that through houses falling items are being lost and there aren't enough to supply the entire server therefore making things unnecessarily rare. Lets say theoretically we put back all legit items that were destroyed through houses falling down. These items would probably sustain a population of 80-120 online average? Where's the solution to growth? There is none. These items wouldn't support a population of 1000 and wouldn't accurately reflect the servers health in terms of population. If the server remained at 20 average there'd be too many items.

Better you just keep it like it is. House dies. Items die. End of story.
Better the focus be put on ways for players to obtain more items through methods like crafting, rewarded for events, rewarded for roleplaying etc. These methods would be much more long-term and growth supportive than simply recycling the old.
I totally agree with that... but there isn't enough developers to even begin to tackle the problems on this server. I'm not saying that this would be the best solution either. It is a solution for now... to keep some items flowing. it is better to have something than nothing... there is currently nothing that keeps newer players trading. that is one of the main focuses of this game is the economy/trading.

I would like to see a new kingdoms server that uses the same concept... just revamp everything and make actual quests, storylines, world map, ect. That i would dedicate more time to and more of the older players would come to play. But, they would have to keep it updated and such or it would end up the same way as this server has.