Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Proteus_XP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Proteus_XP
First of all, thank you for not quoting everything I said only to have me scroll down four pages of bold text.

I'm right all the time, yes.

BEFORE you decide to respond to that, you have to look at the rationale here, well, actually, you don't. Let's just put it like his: if you disagree with me being right all the time and have an open-mind, continue to read, because I don't like to waste time with people that have premeditations about me from their friends or other biased nonsense like that.

I use a semi-realistic, one-or-the-other system here: I'm always right until I'm proved wrong with my exact same logic. It doesn't make sense because not everyone uses the same logic, right? Well, that's why I make the statement. It's my rationale on how I perceive any set of circumstances or analyze and issue. It's self-preservation. What defeats the double contradiction is saying that my statement is opinionated, because it technically is. It's a motivation I create for myself an it's valid. I'll tell you why, if you're still with me.

Unless you can prove that your statement is completely absolute, it is always subjective: this is fact, and it's also extraneous because it modifies fact and fiction itself. So if I were to say that I'm always right about everything I say, as long as it's not mathetmical or already proven, which I always ensure to cover my tracks anyway, I'm right.

If YOU were to say you're right about everything when dealing with non-absolute subjects, you are also right. Many people don't understand how to deal with complex depths of logic like that, which is why they antagonize me. It's a way of rationalizing something remote an unattainable -- and that is pure fact in the presence of subjectivity.

Philosophize.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:18 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
You remind me of something I heard on the television. The creator of Dilbert was being interviewed and he said something along the lines of:

If you go on the internet and look for papers about scientific subjects, you can find ones that have information and theroies widly accepted in the scientific world, and one's that some crack pot wrote... When you read them both, you can't tell the difference between the crack-pot and the accepted genious...

Now, I'm not saying you're the genious, I'm not saying your the crack pot either... That interview just came to mind when I read your post for some reason. Perhaps it's because there are bits I don't fully understand, or maybe I was watching Dilbert subconsciously or something... @_@;
Old 01-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey now.

Don't underestimate the crackhead, crack-pot... or ...whatever it was. Rarely, when someone gets intoxicated enough, their brain kind of "loops" back to some astronomical wavelength of thought. This was observed in several psychological experiments -- though it only worked with select combinations of substances.

Still interesting though. Maybe I'll get high tonight.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus_XP
I'll believe it when I see the test results... Maybe... ;P

Then I'll invest in one of those tin-foil hats that the guy sitting in outside of the mall is selling...
Old 01-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
This discussion is very interesting to say the least, but lets post with alot less insults please
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-16-2004, 02:15 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Hey now.

Don't underestimate the crackhead, crack-pot... or ...whatever it was. Rarely, when someone gets intoxicated enough, their brain kind of "loops" back to some astronomical wavelength of thought. This was observed in several psychological experiments -- though it only worked with select combinations of substances.

Still interesting though. Maybe I'll get high tonight.
If you are the adult you appear to be then it is also safe to assume you know better than to come off as strong as you are in your post. Although I do find this very humorous and stimulating from most of the blah dull post that are normally posted here, it is advisable to "tone down" your post a notch. I would be bitterly disappointed to see you banned for excessive insults. Besides to point out abstract logic to those who cannot understand relative logic is like talking to an audience of pigs, pretty much a waste of time unless you happen to like the smell of a pigpen.

Ohh yea I am the "48 year old kid " who is on the Playerworld Administration Team who is involved in inspections and rule making standards of the PlayerWorlds. Boasting you are always right by use of abstract reasoning to justify your statement "I am always right" is humorous but also subjective to the reader's comprehension of subjective thought. Making a statement like that is about as useful as debating the old " If a tree falls in the woods and yet no one is around to hear it fall; did it really make a sound?" That could go on for years and never leave ground zero with the debate. On a side note since your always right, how about telling me the Lotto numbers for this weekend, I could always use the extra bucks. :grin:

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-16-2004, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
" If a tree falls in the woods and yet no one is around to hear it fall; did it really fall?"
I believe the saying is:

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Your version made no sense.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:25 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by haunter

I believe the saying is:

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Your version made no sense.
Your right it didn't , Sorry it seems I had a brain fart...:P

Been a long day at work...

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-16-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm well aware of who you are, Moon God -- if that is your Graal name. I ocassionally visited N-Pulse while you and Moon Goddess managed it. I harassed her alot when I was there but she doesn't remember me because of identity coverups and all that jazz. You were too busy to answer my hilarious PMs about how to play Graal and what a hookshot was, so...

Anyway, to be honest, I'm surprised the moderators of the forums didn't ban me and/or delete all of my posts by now. Usually by my third post I get banned from forums because I either speak the truth about things that no one wants to hear even though they know it's true because I said it, or because I'm too 'real' and in-your-face, like some outdated hippie. I truely cannot figure out why I'm not banned here yet, though it wasn't my intentions to get banned at all -- it's just in my character to stay erected (CONTEXT) at all times.

When people constantly prod and tug at my nerves as if initiating some primal challenge, they just end up unleashing something unpleasant and that's when I get banned. I don't deal with people who start arguments with me because they suck. I realize how strong I come off, and it's a healthy bravado. I sit here constantly reading people quoting each other's posts monotonously and never finding resolve in their petty arguments. I'm like OMG... just admit that so and so is better than what's his name and be done with it. Usually, the underlying opinion that's never spoken is suppressed simply because it's right; and that's just some maniacal device people use to perpetuate meaningless conflicts. I just spotted a thread I found particularly interesting and decided to spend a pence on it. What gets on my nerves is when people cacophonously ridicule my polished perspective by using that same quote-and-jab tactic: contradicting every sentence in a post with nonsense, telling people what they meant by their own statements, and, most obnoxiously, pointing out the ocassional grammatical or spelling error I inadvertently make once in every 4 trillion posts to prove that they're the true comma splicing masters of the english language. Level up, retard.

Now, concerning you in particular, if you very, very carefully read my posts, ignoring the... stuff ...from other responses to my posts, you will not see what you thought you saw concerning you and the PWA. In fact, you will see the opposite, I'll speculate. Like I said, I almost seamlessly cover my tracks with the things I say about generic groups, even when it's misplaced and extreme. That's all I'm going to say about that, as I like to let people discover for themselves my meaning most often. Keep in mind that I'm not some ranting lunatic completely ignorant of the staff and persons around me.

Moderators who don't ban me have open minds.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:50 PM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
Quote:
Originally posted by haunter

He has to be specific. He didn't say he meant quantity of players. I assumed he meant quantity of playerworlds. If he doesn't specify things like this, people are going to make assumptions. It's human nature.
If i say i'm gonna buy a car, will you go and yell that i'm buying a blue car? No, you can't just make assumptions like that.

Genesis isn't the best english writer.. He may be from USA but that doesn't mean he is the perfect writer.

If you would of taken the time needed, you would of understood his context.

Adiarde Manager
Old 01-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Lance/Tseng stole the words from my mouth.
Your arguments are weak and you have a poor excuse for debating skills; 2/3 of what you say is flaming and boasting of things that aren't even significantly relevant. I'm not surprised you weren't banned but usually a warning would be issued for that sort of behavior. Would be really dandy if you'd roll yourself into a box in an alley or so with your self proclaimed greatness before the sanitary engineers show up.

Old 01-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Boo hoo, you've been crushed, get over it. Don't relay your humiliation to other people who have been submitted likewise. It crosses the line from cheap to pathetic and only makes the golden bells of my glorious victory resonate even more. If this were a debate, you'd be wandering your own self-concept in ignorance, searching for a new identity by now.

Bump systems suck. Everything I like is great. Period.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:37 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bump systems suck. Everything I like is great. Period.
You know what'll be great?

When your world comes crashing down around you.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I made this thread and I have no idea what you guys are talking about. lol
Old 01-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
I sense a hornet's nest in here....:]

*pokes*

Anyway, its the person's money. Let them do with it as they wish. Its just like buying an account If a person wants to spend the $40 for full Gold then let them. Its not going to hurt you in anyway unless you happen to have some grudge against GO, which is not something I can quite grasp why (see also: anti-graal group).

On a side note, proteus_xp, for whatever reason, reminds me of Fawful from Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga. Don't know why, but that's just something I sense :x Perhaps someone has found a way to extract such things from the realm of the imaginary to this world?

*edit*
-=Shameless Plug Alert=-
Perhaps I could find someone to assist me with my playerworld, hmm? Especially in the area of scripting, yes?