Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Which of the new kingdoms/subkingdoms (descriptions below) do you think you'll join?
Malenth 14 19.72%
Bellasera 14 19.72%
Zorbi 14 19.72%
Kaitou 29 40.85%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Valder

I admit that I can get steamed, but that doesn't mean my attitude is like that all the time. You can ask anyone that I have worked with. I am very fun to talk to and if I have a problem with you I will adress it. "That is my desicion as Manager, and if you don't like it, that is too bad." That sounds a lot like the old managers of 2k1's attitudes about hiring staff...
I said that before, when you were acting especially rude. However, I am willing to give you a chance, talk to me when the server opens - I do recognize you have great talents with graphics.

Quote:
You also stated that you wanted new kingdoms. These may be "new" but they are the old kingdoms with new ideas. You could have just kept the old kingdoms in and just had people come up with new things for them.
Well, again, these are brief descriptions...that isn't a lot to go on. I wanted to keep an old 'feel' to the kingdoms, but have something new. (In other words, not just put the same old levels with a new name like someone-who-i-will-get-flamed-if-i-mention did). There are aspects to kingdoms (such as Malenth) which cannot be mentioned - it will ruin half of the surprise and RP if I were to share the full details. It is rather like a medieval kingdom, but there is a lot more to it than that...

Quote:
I understand this and am talking with Signas on AIM. I never intended to attack him, but Gryffon is stuck on the idea that your decisions are always right and shouldn't be contested.
Gryffon frequently disagrees with me, leading to a debate wherein we explain why we feel the way we do, and having more information, thus are better able to come to a decision?

Quote:
I wanted to help 2k1 because it was my favorite server. I still love 2k1 and will play the server regardless. Why would you hire old people anyway. You should get fresh new faces to join your staff and add a little spice to the server.
I'm one of those people who doesn't trust others very easily. That's who I am; I naturally will tend to want to work with people who I already know the abilities and qualities of, instead of taking a risk. And as I said before - I am willing to give you a chance, in time. But, to be perfectly honest, we aren't in great need of many new staff at the moment.

Quote:
That's not true. We are the ones that play this game and should be the ones that make some of the desicions. By not letting players decide what they want you are only making it so people don't want to play the server. It is in fact "our server."
Player input is always valuable - In a sense, the players got to make the first cut in the decision of new kingdoms by suggesting the new one themselves.

Quote:
I know exactly what I am talking about. Maybe I don't have all the info, but that's what arguing sometimes give you... MORE INFO.
Agreed - but it would be more productive if it was phrased in the form of a question, rather than in the form of an attack.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 08-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Follower of Ultros
Valder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Tseng

I said that before, when you were acting especially rude. However, I am willing to give you a chance, talk to me when the server opens - I do recognize you have great talents with graphics.
Alright, but right now I don't really have time to work for 2k1 seeing as I am working on Trib...

Quote:

Well, again, these are brief descriptions...that isn't a lot to go on. I wanted to keep an old 'feel' to the kingdoms, but have something new. (In other words, not just put the same old levels with a new name like someone-who-i-will-get-flamed-if-i-mention did). There are aspects to kingdoms (such as Malenth) which cannot be mentioned - it will ruin half of the surprise and RP if I were to share the full details. It is rather like a medieval kingdom, but there is a lot more to it than that...
Even so, the only really "new" kingdom is the Ballasera one... Give that kingdom to a woman ;(!

Quote:

Gryffon frequently disagrees with me, leading to a debate wherein we explain why we feel the way we do, and having more information, thus are better able to come to a decision?
He also frequently thinks that he is right about everything and really doesn't have much RP talent, but that's another story...

Quote:

I'm one of those people who doesn't trust others very easily. That's who I am; I naturally will tend to want to work with people who I already know the abilities and qualities of, instead of taking a risk. And as I said before - I am willing to give you a chance, in time. But, to be perfectly honest, we aren't in great need of many new staff at the moment.
As a manger, that is something that you need to get over. The downfall of 2k1 started when everyone started to hire their friends...

Quote:

Player input is always valuable - In a sense, the players got to make the first cut in the decision of new kingdoms by suggesting the new one themselves.
That's what I am saying, but in your last post you are saying that what you say is law and can't be contested...

Quote:

Agreed - but it would be more productive if it was phrased in the form of a question, rather than in the form of an attack.
I don't mean to attack, it's just the way it comes out. I will try to refrain from turning posts into attacks.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Sublime
Quote:
As a manger, that is something that you need to get over. The downfall of 2k1 started when everyone started to hire their friends...
suffix that with 'who did not have skills in the area they were hired for', and it'll be correct.
-----
Old 08-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Follower of Ultros
Quote:

suffix that with 'who did not have skills in the area they were hired for', and it'll be correct.
It's still true though regardless of how you put it.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Sublime
Quote:

It's still true though regardless of how you put it.
Well, I was speaking in general; but specifically, I don't hire people who are my friends - For the most part I have been hiring people who I've had experience working with in the past; that is the closed hiring system I explained earlier. However, I suppose I did not explain my main reasoning:

-They are familiar with the server
-They are familiar with how things work
-They are familiar with how I work
-----
Old 08-05-2003, 12:47 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Even so, the only really "new" kingdom is the Ballasera one... Give that kingdom to a woman ;(!
Isn't that kind of....sexsist? Oh well. Anyone who wants to discuss any of the Kingdom selections or any other relevant topics, please feel free to contact me on my AIM, kid zen5.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:52 AM
Follower of Ultros
Quote:
Originally posted by GryffonDurime

Isn't that kind of....sexsist? Oh well. Anyone who wants to discuss any of the Kingdom selections or any other relevant topics, please feel free to contact me on my AIM, kid zen5.
Not sexist. I just think that Ballasera would be best fitted by having a woman that is a GOVERNESS, not a queen. It just seems better if you did that IMO.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:19 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
Still, favoring someone for a job or position because of gender when it's not absolutly needed is sexism. It's not absolutly needed that Bellasera have a female Roi, but that's not to say it must be a male Roi, either. Whoever is beleived best for the job will receive it if they agree to the responsibilities it includes.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Follower of Ultros
Quote:
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
Still, favoring someone for a job or position because of gender when it's not absolutly needed is sexism. It's not absolutly needed that Bellasera have a female Roi, but that's not to say it must be a male Roi, either. Whoever is beleived best for the job will receive it if they agree to the responsibilities it includes.
Jeez
You are turning everything into an arugment
I simply stated that I think it would be best to have a woman as leader. It's one persons opinion and it's not like my opinion is gonna make a difference.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:24 AM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
I find the "4 best kingdoms" thing hard to belive. Considering only 1 is original, and 3 are "hi we're like old kingdoms but we're not."
Old 08-05-2003, 01:26 AM
Follower of Ultros
Quote:
Originally posted by brock128
I find the "4 best kingdoms" thing hard to belive. Considering only 1 is original, and 3 are "hi we're like old kingdoms but we're not."
Don't bother saying it. Signas already told me that his kingdom is nothing like dustari. Gryffon just doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
As everyone else basically said, Kaitou seems like the place to be. It fits my character. But if I had my choice, I'd still like to be in a small band of Orc's destroying whole kingdoms. People had the most fun when the Orc's were around.

Old 08-05-2003, 01:52 AM
my stapler..
MrCharles will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Waltz5
As everyone else basically said, Kaitou seems like the place to be. It fits my character. But if I had my choice, I'd still like to be in a small band of Orc's destroying whole kingdoms. People had the most fun when the Orc's were around.
remember that time when we killed people
Old 08-05-2003, 01:55 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
We had about 11 submissions for Kingdoms. Those were the best four. Simple.
Old 08-05-2003, 05:13 AM
Sublime
Kaitou is a group of ninja, by the way.
-----