Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2003, 06:32 AM
Kill Pirates
SingleChance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by JrTerrorist
What are you talking about SingleChance and Genesis?
Toran isnt even a reviewer anymore.. why the *&$% would we tell him his levels rock if they didnt?!

I dont think you could do any better, in fact I doubt it.. and I dont even care that Genesis is going to post

"Shut up k my levelz r way bettr then tornsku's levelz will ever b"

So yea.. say what you want. We are merely saying we know Toran's capable of making a great PW not only because of his levels but because of his active leadership skills.
1. all i'm saying is if it was someone no one knew that came to the forums and posted the exact same level i bet it would get a lower rating. Don't tell me that's not true coz it is, and if you think that level rocks then i can only wait to see the level quality of your playerworld when/if it comes out.

2. You can't say i can't make better levels then him because it's all about style. I am probably better at my style of levels and he is probably better at his style of levels. And you shouldn't make comments like he can make better levels then me when you haven't really seen my work.

And to casanova, i never once said his level was bad i just said it wasn't the best, and i don't know why people are giving it such a high rating, it is a good level i said that but i've seen better that's what i said.
And really i don't care if i bug you, you don't mean a thing to me so why should i care what you think of me
Old 02-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
The reason I say the level is mediocore is because of the detail on it
I think the point was way over your head.

Most of my levels have the same style of detail. A classicy-feel, because that's when graal was in its prime, in creativity and everything else. I stick to that type of style.

And, those levels you showed, I see nothing special in them.

One of my really old inside levels (attatched).

Notice, it's really old, and I don't have the level any more. The door, and the red tiles in the corners weren't there in my last version of the level, so I'd like for anyone critiquing it to ignore those.

Also notice, that most levels nowadays have this style. Back when I made it, hardly any levels used this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toran-bar.png
Views:	54
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	22891  
Old 02-23-2003, 07:00 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
I have to agree with Moon God here. The level he posted was pretty nice, whereas Toran's are filled with far too much ugly detail. Sometimes less is more.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:09 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Torankusu
I think the point was way over your head.

Most of my levels have the same style of detail. A classicy-feel, because that's when graal was in its prime, in creativity and everything else. I stick to that type of style.

And, those levels you showed, I see nothing special in them.

One of my really old inside levels (attatched).

Notice, it's really old, and I don't have the level any more. The door, and the red tiles in the corners weren't there in my last version of the level, so I'd like for anyone critiquing it to ignore those.

Also notice, that most levels nowadays have this style. Back when I made it, hardly any levels used this.
The whole point of the posted levels was that , they are good levels but nothing special about them other than they are a more balanced level because of that. I happen to like the Classic style levels and the point I was making about yours is its good yes but out of whack because the Bridge. The bridge overshadows the rest of the level and makes it mediocore because the quality of it is above the quality of the detail on the level itself so instead of blending with the level it looks pasted on it and out of place. Thats whats wrong with it in my opinion. I never said the level or the GFX was bad only they don't blend well because of the reasons I stated. And no this is not way over my head.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 02-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
Quote:
I had to make another post since I cannot add images to the other one. The two levels attached I would rate higher, not because they have a better gfx like the Bridge, they don't; but for the simple reason the levels are more balanced. The detail and images are all about equal so one does not over shadow the other by one standing out and detracting from the entire level. This will always give a level a better rating. Awesome gfx are a great thing to have but to put one in a level that does not match the gfx is not.

apartment

Nice GFX.

Hum well, that tile set used in that pic if from the EoA (End of Ages) tile set. Glad to see you like it MG.

And I belive he's a LAT for EoA too.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati_Link

Nice GFX.

Hum well, that tile set used in that pic if from the EoA (End of Ages) tile set. Glad to see you like it MG.

And I belive he's a LAT for EoA too.
Um, I think he sent this level in to be put on Npulse
*Goes to check it out*

[edit]Ok, I checked it, but it looks different[/edit]
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-23-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm teh Canavi
CasanovaCanavi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CasanovaCanavi Send a message via MSN to CasanovaCanavi
Quote:
Originally posted by SingleChance

1. all i'm saying is if it was someone no one knew that came to the forums and posted the exact same level i bet it would get a lower rating. Don't tell me that's not true coz it is, and if you think that level rocks then i can only wait to see the level quality of your playerworld when/if it comes out.

2. You can't say i can't make better levels then him because it's all about style. I am probably better at my style of levels and he is probably better at his style of levels. And you shouldn't make comments like he can make better levels then me when you haven't really seen my work.

And to casanova, i never once said his level was bad i just said it wasn't the best, and i don't know why people are giving it such a high rating, it is a good level i said that but i've seen better that's what i said.
And really i don't care if i bug you, you don't mean a thing to me so why should i care what you think of me
I don't get why you say people would give it a lower rating if it was someone new, I explained why I liked it and I don't like it cause of the person who posted it.. Maybe I havn't seen better levels? Why shouldn't I like it if you don't like it? It's pointless to agure about this anyways...
Job N-Pulse FAQ
Quote Best friends are silbling god forgot to give us.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally posted by CasanovaCanavi
It's pointless to agure about this anyways...
exactly.
stick to the topic at hand...whatever it was.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
exactly.
stick to the topic at hand...whatever it was.
The topic is rating your level and our opinions of it, most of what is being posted is related to that and their opinions of why your level may have been rated higher by some. This still relates to the topic at hand.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 02-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Elite Member
Quote:
The topic is rating your level and our opinions of it, most of what is being posted is related to that and their opinions of why your level may have been rated higher by some. This still relates to the topic at hand.
Uh, you might want to check the thread title. It's about a playerworld.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:59 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Hi, I can work considering I have absolutely nothing to do anymore.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 02-24-2003, 03:07 AM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Uh, you might want to check the thread title. It's about a playerworld.
Yes it is and did you not post levels for opinions on them? Sure you didn't directly ask for them but when you "show levels" of your PW or proposed PW , you will get opinions on their content, true? So how is this unrelated or off topic?

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 02-24-2003, 05:56 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Yes it is and did you not post levels for opinions on them? Sure you didn't directly ask for them but when you "show levels" of your PW or proposed PW , you will get opinions on their content, true? So how is this unrelated or off topic?
Those levels aren't even on the playerworld. Someone asked for me to show a level, so I did.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:50 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
Levels Moon God posted...
Those levels are fine. There does seem to be some organiztion to parts of it, but there are many tile errors, and it seems things were randomly placed. Highest I would give them would be a 6/10 or 7/10

About the second level toran posted
In the second level Toran posted I didn't take into consideration the graphic that was in there. I just rated the level. The level itself was very well made. There are few tile errors from what I see.
There is some organiztion to it and it's quite clear from the tile placement and the few noticeable patterns. I can tell they weren't randomly placed.

Maybe I'm just a light rater. Take a trip to the Levels Section of the forum and read some threads there.

Genesis I haven't seen you rate anyone here fairly ever. :/

I know Paradox is a fair rater from what I've seen from his posts he has done so I respect his view on how he feels about the level.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:04 AM
Level Maker
Genesis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceDark

Genesis I haven't seen you rate anyone here fairly ever. :/

How did I get involved into this ??/

I see my name mentioned like 3 times I must be getting popular n e ways I just stated my oponion that If someone new posted a level like that they would get a low rating I dont even have to argue about it cuz i know its true.

and I never rate fairly?

how is that because I give him a 7 and not a 10! and say OMG best level ever IM going to faint!!!!

please save the drama...