Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Do you like the proposed changes?
Yes, I like the ideas. 44 73.33%
No, I do not like the ideas (please explain in post). 16 26.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
From a technical standpoint, all sounds are clientside, but it's definitely not impossible to play sounds for everyone. Not sure where TSA got that idea. Guns do that every time you shoot them.
What idea? I know that you can do a "for" loop clientside and play the sound clientside for all players in the level, I never implied you couldn't. However, I was under the impression that is what the other guy was suggesting. Sorry if there was confusion. I'd have thought people would know me well enough to know what I meant was assumed knowledge
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 06-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Banchou
Komali is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Komali
Personally I like to see numbers on my HUD because I like to look at everything mathematically and not estimate with health bars. Other than that, I like the ideas proposed.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komali View Post
Personally I like to see numbers on my HUD because I like to look at everything mathematically and not estimate with health bars. Other than that, I like the ideas proposed.
I think the whole point is so that people don't know how much health they have left, exactly.
You might think you have just over a 1/7 of your health left when really you only have 18 health left, so you'll stay and fight instead of running because you think you can take another hit.

But in reality people are ****ing pathetic disgusting dirty pig scum cowards and are just as likely, if not more likely, to start running at 21-30hp because they're not sure if they have 1 or 2 more hits left. YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Fashion Police
DesirableDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Approval/Disapproval

I don't mind the updates...
But to be quite honest, I don't really like the idea; myself.
I won't vote No on the poll though as I do want to see a reset either way.

I'm not a PVPer, wich is why I don't like the gun content.
Stuff like instruments, including piano, could be restocked in instrument shop at least monthly...
I (and I'm sure some other girls that multi server between era and UN) would like to see some content that lets you stay around town, or in your houses.
Maybe even more houses, or just delete the SOUTHRIDGE houses general idea of garages if its too laggy and build a LOT more sewers.
or (i like sr concept) so you could always -expand- that idea and build an entirely new town called NORTHRIDGE with more homes and locker places, gas station, all that good stuff.
Oh and delete the illegal house salesman built that has 27 levels & restore all old house themes to 2 levels each house as default view so they have to pay to reupgrade again in the reset, taking more money off new economy!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:06 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrName View Post
You could add like a little loop on the front as silencer.. And like wtf are you guys stealing Noct's idea's? We're also making this **** to our guns dude
Because weapon attachments were really thought up by Noct, eh?

I don't care for the new way you demonstrate the HUD. I think what you've shown would more likely fit a small arena type (deathmatch) game. The new inventory would work out of course for era, but not the new health bar and minimalist display. You're resolution is tiny, but with bigger resolutions it would become a disadvantage in certain situations to not be able to see your health and ammo and such as clearly when they are still so small and farther away.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Developer
FantasyX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FantasyX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesirableDreams View Post
I don't mind the updates...
But to be quite honest, I don't really like the idea; myself.
I won't vote No on the poll though as I do want to see a reset either way.

I'm not a PVPer, wich is why I don't like the gun content.
Stuff like instruments, including piano, could be restocked in instrument shop at least monthly...
I (and I'm sure some other girls that multi server between era and UN) would like to see some content that lets you stay around town, or in your houses.
Maybe even more houses, or just delete the SOUTHRIDGE houses general idea of garages if its too laggy and build a LOT more sewers.
or (i like sr concept) so you could always -expand- that idea and build an entirely new town called NORTHRIDGE with more homes and locker places, gas station, all that good stuff.
Oh and delete the illegal house salesman built that has 27 levels & restore all old house themes to 2 levels each house as default view so they have to pay to reupgrade again in the reset, taking more money off new economy!
I don't think Era is for you. Era's not supposed to be an idling/social interacting server. Era is for PKing. No offense, but I think you should just stick to UN if you're looking for a server to "stay around town" or "stay in your house."

The idea about reducing houses to 2 levels and making them pay for additions is initially what was done. All of the extra levels in the current houses were payed for, so deleting them and make people pay again would be redundant.

Torque
Old 06-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Fashion Police
Era is for everyone Torque, That's why its a playerworld server and not a private hosted server. Get your facts straight and stop trying to ruin graal ^_^
And why would people be paying again, all guns and money will be reset, duh.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:21 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Era is for everyone Torque, That's why its a playerworld server and not a private hosted server. Get your facts straight and stop trying to ruin graal ^_^
Era is a PKing server above all else, therefore FantasyX is likely correct in saying that Era is not for you if you do not enjoy PKing. The fact that anyone can logon the server doesn't mean the server will be enjoyed by everyone .
Old 06-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Fashion Police
Oh, my bad. I forgot whoever scripted and built these features had more of an objective than the 13 year old who can't get it right. sorry man.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Developer
Quote:
No need to bash anyone, sweetheart. I was kindly telling you Era is for PKing. Era is not for everyone, and I'm not ruining Graal by promoting that Era is for players that enjoy to PK...there are many playerworlds for players to enjoy but they aren't supposed to appeal to every player.

Torque
Old 06-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Fashion Police
It doesn't matter, Torque. A lot of people sadly do not PK on Era. instead they do random spars, or sometimes PK, as myself. But a majority of people do -enjoy- owning businesses, and do -enjoy- mining to make money or flowering or whatever floats their boat, they are called business men. or in my case business women.
These people also enjoy a wide variety of houses to store their instruments, minerals, flowers, explosives, whatever need be.. And since you don't play era actively you wouldn't know that. I'm speaking from experience.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Developer
Quote:
It doesn't matter, Torque. A lot of people sadly do not PK on Era. instead they do random spars, or sometimes PK, as myself. But a majority of people do -enjoy- owning businesses, and do -enjoy- mining to make money or flowering or whatever floats their boat, they are called business men. or in my case business women.
These people also enjoy a wide variety of houses to store their instruments, minerals, flowers, explosives, whatever need be.. And since you don't play era actively you wouldn't know that. I'm speaking from experience.
I've been playing Era for a while, actually. I understand the businesses argument, as I agree some people play the game to make money. You're still ignoring the point that Era was not created for players to idle/socialize. I understand that some people do idle. However, most people that have these houses to store items are for people that PK a lot and have a lot of items to store.

Don't expect any development specifically for players to sit around in their houses and socialize at unstick. This thread is designated for what Era "should" look like. You can argue that it "should" have more opportunities for players to idle and sit in their houses, but your idea will be seldom supported by fellow Era players.

Another point you should take into consideration is that by having more players be non-interactive with the PKing system, you're essentially killing the PK environment. Thus, if we're going to consider your idea and implement more and more development aimed at appealing to players that choose to idle or simply socialize, you're going to kill the playercount that simply wants to PK. Who's killing Graal?

Torque
Old 06-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Fashion Police
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyX View Post
I've been playing Era for a while, actually. I understand the businesses argument, as I agree some people play the game to make money. You're still ignoring the point that Era was not created for players to idle/socialize. I understand that some people do idle. However, most people that have these houses to store items are for people that PK a lot and have a lot of items to store.

Don't expect any development specifically for players to sit around in their houses and socialize at unstick. This thread is designated for what Era "should" look like. You can argue that it "should" have more opportunities for players to idle and sit in their houses, but your idea will be seldom supported by fellow Era players.

Another point you should take into consideration is that by having more players be non-interactive with the PKing system, you're essentially killing the PK environment. Thus, if we're going to consider your idea and implement more and more development aimed at appealing to players that choose to idle or simply socialize, you're going to kill the playercount that simply wants to PK. Who's killing Graal?

Actually, Sir. Graal has no point or logic to it whatsoever. It is a social networking in the games entire feature itself, do you see thousands of people playing? No. Drawing more players, actually draws more PKing opportunitys. The more people that play, the more people you can stalk to kill, son.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Banchou
Komali is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Komali
I'm only interested in the gang raids, and attracting players that see Era more as "social networking" will not contribute much to the gang wars, but just more noobs spamming their instruments at unstick me.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
A house is for storing weapons (and occasionally watching Arnold Schwarzenegger destroy Tupac)...anything else is care-bear bull**** that doesn't belong on Era.

P.S., my house is not illegal. I bought it in an auction when Smu was manager for ~130k. The auction listed it as "a customizable two-story house", and at the time, it was the only house not in South Ridge. Almost everything was custom made by me (which was part of the deal) before I ever became staff.