Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-22-2005, 10:14 PM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
how would you know this just log on and look at the population compaired to what it was two years ago.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354
how would you know this just log on and look at the population compaired to what it was two years ago.
I have no idea who you are talking to since you didn't quote anyone
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
He was referring to the thread topic, thats why he didn't quote anyone.

Comparing now to 2 years ago I wouldn't say the population has dropped dramatically. Players left, and new players replaced them.

4-5 years ago compared to now, yes, huge noticeable drop.

Still I doubt anyone here except a few is able to get the exact figures on the stats.

I want more people to blow up and pk. So yeah how do you people propose we get more players without making ridiculous changes you'll all whine about like last time?

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me
Old 05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
That one guy!
well the servers are the same i mean like some servers are there whitch shouldent be (classic in its condition) also there are some good privet servers that imho should be on the classic list but i doubt any new servers will be added or changed.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
I think I've seen graal hit 1300 before. But..yeah..graal was free then.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:55 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
I think I've seen graal hit 1300 before. But..yeah..graal was free then.
The playercount can hit 700-800 at a time. That's still pretty good, and P2P is'nt the main factor of why the playercount is'nt atleast 1k i think, because most of the kids whom don't have a credit card asked their parents to upgrade their account. I think the reason Graal's playercount is'nt 1k or above is mainly due to the deduction of our current playerworlds quality.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:05 AM
That one guy!
graal does have pay by cash though.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:10 AM
!Leasure
Leasure-13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leasure-13 Send a message via MSN to Leasure-13 Send a message via Yahoo to Leasure-13
What i dont understand about graal is that you have to pay to have a server... where it is helping graal out because it is bringing anouther world to the classic tab or hosted, and then you got to have peoeple work on it (dedicated time) and them people that are good workers are hard to come apon now days. But anyhow, i know that it cost some money to run the servers on there own computers... ok, but that is where the p2p comes in. Not only that being a factor of graal, it is just no fun anymore....all the old people where replaced with immature little kids.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:18 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasure-13
What i dont understand about graal is that you have to pay to have a server... where it is helping graal out
Most servers don't bring in any real revenue, but they do use system resources.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:32 PM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
maybe they can extend the waving of server fees to the hosted tab as well, since these projects are viewed as hopefuls.

Zenkou for life
Old 05-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Yeah, Graal is dying.

The reasons?

As Spark said, lack of updates that everyone can appreciate. Let's be honest: most players don't really care about GScript2. They don't care if new functions are added, they want more functions that relate to them. They don't care how NPCs work, just as long as they work. If you want to interest players, put in more features that affect them directly and in an obvious way. A global messaging system for players, for example. Also, make an official server which has normal bodies, normal heads, and so on. In my opinion, the small, squat bodies of Graal appeal more to me than those of Kingdoms. Same with the tileset: use the old one and fix it up a little. I'm not saying keep it the same, but put it back to the original design and just improve the shading on those graphics. I liked it[the old tileset] far more because it encouraged that nice, clean feeling instead of the cluttery feeling that the new one has.

The normal bodies are more classic and if people really wanted super-advanced graphics they would look to other MMORPGs. Graal's aim should be to improve its playability and functionality from a player's perspective, not from a developer's. Occasional scripting updates are fine, but they shouldn't be the center point of updates. Also, most people can run Graal just fine; we don't need performance updates all of the time. What we need are, to put it frankly, more buttons to play with.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Volcan
trans9o0111 is on a distinguished road
I understand that Graal needs to charge for server hosting, since it is consuming their servers' resources. However, it is ridiculous that people have to pay to develope on non-classic tab servers. It would be in Graal's best interest if they removed the hosted/private/gold tabs (or whatever they use now) and have only a gold and classic tab. What good would come of this? I believes it would result in better Player World quality, and also allow servers that are overlooked because they ar eon hosted tabs to tap into the UN-ERA markets, thus broadening Graals appeal to the "bored" people.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
As Spark said, lack of updates that everyone can appreciate. Let's be honest: most players don't really care about GScript2. They don't care if new functions are added
But they might care about the advances that it facilitates.

Let me guess: You don't know anything about them?
Old 05-26-2005, 09:22 PM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
protagonist, would you rather have had graal stay as classic, expanding and evolving on itself, rather than changing graal into something new? In a sense, moving forward, not upward? Its interesting to think about what could have been. We could all still have been playing classic to this day.

Zenkou for life
Old 05-26-2005, 10:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
Not really...new people will sometimes copy older players to fit in, a lot of the people who complain about things seem to not even know what they are complaining about, which is sad....
...what?

I said that you know that graal is dying when n00bies begin to complain about it. these n00bs never even played old graal or anything and yet they are STILL complaining which is pathetic because graal has been the same (kinda sucked) since late 2003.