Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should some playerworlds require lighting?
Yes (force users to use lighting) 10 27.78%
No (let users disable or enable lighitng at will) 26 72.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:
Originally posted by VampiricTutorNewHD
I'm not saying that it's your fault for us having bad computers. I'm saying it's your fault for encouraging this requirement.
Its called a standard

No one is going to get banned. All I'm doing is warning because you'll otherwise be incapable of playing on my PW whenever the new overworld is up and running
Old 09-03-2002, 12:30 AM
Banned
VampiricTutorNewHD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to VampiricTutorNewHD
I prefer to have the standards set at the same level as when I bought my p2p account.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:09 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
I prefer to have the standards set at the same level as when I bought my p2p account.
Sorry, life is never fair ;p
Old 09-03-2002, 01:46 AM
Banned
It is when you pay for it.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:08 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
It is when you pay for it.
Sorry, but aesthetics can only do so much to shroud your vision from what is really happening...no matter what, life is never fair.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:55 AM
Banned
Neither is misleading a person saying that they have access to all servers when they only have access to the ones that don't have the light restrictions.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Neither is misleading a person saying that they have access to all servers when they only have access to the ones that don't have the light restrictions.
No one said you wouldn't have access to the server. You just won't be able to get past the "requirement" level.

If you read the agreement, it says you can't get refunded, no matter what they do. So if Stefan decided to ban your account from every server, you couldn't get a refund. If you think that's unfair, then guess what, you shouldn't have agreed to the conditions.

I don't know wtf kind of computers you people are using, but unless you're using a friggin 10 year old computer, I don't see how you could be having such a big problem. Like I said earlier, you guys that are having problems with lighting effects, it's probably not even your hardware, it's probably your lack of updating the drivers.

Plus, you aren't looking at the big picture. You say "well light effects lag me down".. but to what extent? Sure if you go on one of birdbird infamous levels, with the 50 lights and seteffect, and zoom effect and every other effect, it's going to lag. But a level with a couple of lights shouldn't make a big difference.

No one is forcing you to get a new computer. If I put up a requirement I'm not telling you to buy a new computer, I'm telling you what the requirements are. Just because I say "you need at least this much processing speed to play" doesn't mean you HAVE to buy a new computer. Hell, no one is forcing you to PLAY on my playerworld. You have access to the pw, but you can't actually play it... that is in no way my fault.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 09-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

No one said you wouldn't have access to the server. You just won't be able to get past the "requirement" level.

If you read the agreement, it says you can't get refunded, no matter what they do. So if Stefan decided to ban your account from every server, you couldn't get a refund. If you think that's unfair, then guess what, you shouldn't have agreed to the conditions.

I don't know wtf kind of computers you people are using, but unless you're using a friggin 10 year old computer, I don't see how you could be having such a big problem. Like I said earlier, you guys that are having problems with lighting effects, it's probably not even your hardware, it's probably your lack of updating the drivers.

Plus, you aren't looking at the big picture. You say "well light effects lag me down".. but to what extent? Sure if you go on one of birdbird infamous levels, with the 50 lights and seteffect, and zoom effect and every other effect, it's going to lag. But a level with a couple of lights shouldn't make a big difference.

No one is forcing you to get a new computer. If I put up a requirement I'm not telling you to buy a new computer, I'm telling you what the requirements are. Just because I say "you need at least this much processing speed to play" doesn't mean you HAVE to buy a new computer. Hell, no one is forcing you to PLAY on my playerworld. You have access to the pw, but you can't actually play it... that is in no way my fault.
I agree
Old 09-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Banned
Yeah, well I hope to God that any PW that tries to push for this restriction is failed. Not out of ill will, but because of what will ensue.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:23 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
Yeah, well I hope to God that any PW that tries to push for this restriction is failed. Not out of ill will, but because of what will ensue.

I already am going to backup Konidias on this one...my PW is already online and the new overworld will soon be on its way.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:27 AM
Have A Drink On Me
AlexH is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AlexH Send a message via MSN to AlexH
I still don't think it should be a requirment.
A sign saying something like if you have light effects disabled the quality of the server will decrease greatly and you will not be allowed into certain ares like the caves that would always be dark.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:53 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexH
A sign saying something like if you have light effects disabled the quality of the server will decrease greatly and you will not be allowed into certain ares like the caves that would always be dark.
Um, thats more harsh than just being kind and ushering them off to another server. Allowing them to play, yet restricting them is like dangling a piece of candy in front of child just beyond their reach...its more like torture And as Konidias said, its not like we're going to have levels ala Birdbird
Old 09-04-2002, 06:23 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexH
"I'm sorry, but since you don't have light effects enabled, you won't be allowed to go inside houses, caves, or other buildings, as they can be affected by lighting. Also, all outside areas will be off limits, as the day and night setting will be in effect there as well. Have a nice day!"

What if caves are a vital part of the pw? What if some important item is located in a cave? Oh well, you get screwed. I don't think that would work.. it's easier to just not allow the nonlighting players to play, instead of having to make workarounds and such.

I highly doubt a pw with these restrictions will "fail". That would be stupid, just because you get your undies in a bunch from not being able to have full access to the server, doesn't mean the playerworld is auto-failed.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 09-04-2002, 07:15 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
I agree with konidias on this one.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Banned
Yes, but I daresay that the playercount will be signifigantly lower than usual. I mean, about 1/2 of Graalians like pking/sparring alot. That's all they do. You can't spar or pk with lights enabled, so basically you are cutting your population by at least half. An estimated quarter of the population left probably have slow computers(because face it, alot of people do have slow computers), and they will simply find the server too slow to be playable. So now you have your 10 people that will put up with the standards.

Which would be a shame, from what I've heard about it.