Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 04:57 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
That's not a precise time, and from what you say afterwards, I'm guessing it's a very long time ago, meaning you're slow on how the server's developed.
Um, I believe I quit in 2006 and stop by every now and then. Nothing really changed since then, arctic was used a laming map and cash shop gave noobs with no skills an advantage. A few events were added and planets no one goes on.

About sum it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien
This is what makes me think you haven't been updated on how things work.
As of now, too many players pull out an obsessive overpowered weapon and decide to lame players.
Besides, what's more fun? Everything Zone does, it always ends up with players on iricia laming the other base.

Oh, lets not forget how we'll gather up all our friends so all the "pros" don't fight each other and we're left getting kills and exp by newbies consistantly.

That is nothing new. Players always flocked to the most "op" weapon. In 2004 appirces were the de facto weapon yet people countered it with the lrpulsar and eventually aprippers. That's just an example. The metagame now may be broken but to deny that it exists is simply retarded. Ya I brought up the friends not fighting b/s before.

Laming has also always been present but there was a time when laming and actually playing arctic were two seperate things. The same applies to sparring, where it matters the most.

Quote:
Crono, I was ET during the time period it died, I'd like to say I brought the server back (Seeing as a majority of the players online I had some connection with). I brought back the newer generation of Zone whilst doing so. I know what's going on.
lolwat

Quote:
It may not be, but Zone isn't the place to start off with simple updates either.
It needs a change, something dramatic.
There's no denying that Zone needs a big change. I'm saying that this isn't the place for the "big" stuff yet, for whatever reason Stephen has. It's obviously more efficient, due to the complete lack of developers, to start with small things that can actually be done as opposed to giant updates that will never surface.

I'm pretty sure Stephen has some "big" plans, he just hasn't presented them yet.

Quote:
It's not, because Zone has no steady player count. Zone's reliant on players, meaning if you have players that are on for a time period doing something, a few others join, and more, a chain reaction.

Simple updates, like new weapons, vehicles, whatever, should be to maintain a player count the way Zone is. None of these will change the metagame for long, if it does, it'll make the game more horrid.

Trials getting shanked? I feel that's just your own personal vendetta since..well..that one time you logged on and realized what had happened.
I knew a bunch of trials that enjoyed being able to save now. They only lose so much now. Something most players would upgrade for. Otherwise they could play it out.

Player count dropping is because of many things.
Jesse's thread pretty much covers that portion.
I'm fully aware of the playercount chain effect, it's been like that forever. According to your logic, when the "big changes" come in, these small updates will help players stay so what's the problem? I haven't suggested anything to change Zone's metagame yet, however small weapon balancing should not take much effort and would help to fix this. I was always a VIP when I played Zone, meaning trial on weekdays and "p2p" on weekends. I for one found Zone more tolerable when I was on an even field with everyone.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:30 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I wish people would stop thinking that it's a "waste of time" to fix smaller things just because bigger changes are needed.

Sorry, it just doesn't work like that.
Priorities. The bigger changes (if they are usefull) have a way higher prior then little changes.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:54 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Crono, I was ET during the time period it died, I'd like to say I brought the server back (Seeing as a majority of the players online I had some connection with). I brought back the newer generation of Zone whilst doing so. I know what's going on.
You were ET when it was DEAD. The players that logged on were wannabes.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 PM
MrName is on a distinguished road
I think that Zone's needs a better Manager, Not just talking about Stephen.. He is a good manager, Though not for Zone. Also Stefan shouldnt be needed to make updates and stuff.. The manager should do that with his staff.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:18 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrName View Post
I think that Zone's needs a better Manager, Not just talking about Stephen.. He is a good manager, Though not for Zone. Also Stefan shouldnt be needed to make updates and stuff.. The manager should do that with his staff.
Unixmad/Stefan doesn't trust anyone else to do so.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
Unixmad/Stefan doesn't trust anyone else to do so.
Well Stefan likes Zone, It's actually ''his'' server.. If he likes it that much he should find someone who he does trust.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's actually ''his'' server..
Old 05-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
It's not? I thought stefan owned zone
Old 05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
It's not? I thought stefan owned zone
Your wording made it sound like Stefan created Zone which isn't really true, although he did rescript it with some help from Jagen I think it was?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Your wording made it sound like Stefan created Zone which isn't really true, although he did rescript it with some help from Jagen I think it was?
Ohh.. I thought he created it rofl, Sorry :S
Old 05-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormYs View Post
Priorities. The bigger changes (if they are usefull) have a way higher prior then little changes.
Ya, there are priorities, but like I said... that's just not how it works.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:50 AM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ya, there are priorities, but like I said... that's just not how it works.
Seems like our views are clashing. Prior changes are required no matter how big or small the change is and imo zone needs a big change and from there on work on the smaller things. Because Zone in it's whole is fail atm.
But this thread isn't here asking us to give idea for big changes so i'll drop this.

I forgot to say, but I'll give Stephen a thumb up for asking us what we want to see in Zone.

I would like to see this more in Graal, the communication/idea sharing between staff and players.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 AM
JTS
RebelArbiter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RebelArbiter
Considering changing zone to what was essentially a "gold only" server was one of the things that killed it, giving trials a reason to play again might be a good idea
Old 05-18-2010, 02:15 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Do you really believe such simple updates would bring back a horrid server like Zone?
What? Zone isn't horrid.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:52 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I've briefly been playing Zone, and if there was something to keep other players there, it wouldn't be too bad.

Also, option to hide playerchat.