Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 05:50 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
No, it's set to 20 fps. Certain scripts can increase it although that's more for GUI-based games, ganis in Graal levels will play faster than normal.
Can Graal windows run at 60 fps? By that I mean the playerlist, PM windows, and even playermade windows like UN's forums, Zodiac's interface, etc.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:01 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
No, it's set to 20 fps. Certain scripts can increase it although that's more for GUI-based games, ganis in Graal levels will play faster than normal.
Can we request for our servers to be 60fps, I would mind re-redoing my ganis again if this enabled for my server (Varia)
Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new Windows beta version has been released (5.302):
- fixed chat text of shpwcharacter() npcs
- fixed a crash when sleep()ing two times in an event handler function (e.g. on Varia)
- added a new script variable $pref::Graal::cachefilenames so that we can add the option for enabling/disabling the file name cache again (in a few days)
- added some profiler entries (for /clientstats) so that we can easier see what is slowing down people on certain machines
Old 10-18-2010, 02:25 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
A new Windows beta version has been released (5.302):
- fixed chat text of shpwcharacter() npcs
- fixed a crash when sleep()ing two times in an event handler function (e.g. on Varia)
- added a new script variable $pref::Graal::cachefilenames so that we can add the option for enabling/disabling the file name cache again (in a few days)
- added some profiler entries (for /clientstats) so that we can easier see what is slowing down people on certain machines
With this latest client alot of the weapon scripts seem to not load on my first connect to Classic and I am therefore unable to move or do anything, reconnecting fixes this, seems to be something in part due to our systems on Classic as I haven't experienced this elsewhere yet though it could be possible others will.

Edit: Seems to be as a result of certain scripts that are joined to the player clientside not actually being joined and Main System requiring them in order to initialize.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Edit: Seems to be as a result of certain scripts that are joined to the player clientside not actually being joined and Main System requiring them in order to initialize.
Sounds like a problem of Classic, those things are not guaranteed to be loaded in order. You can join classes on server-side to guarantee that they are loaded before initialization.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Sounds like a problem of Classic, those things are not guaranteed to be loaded in order. You can join classes on server-side to guarantee that they are loaded before initialization.
It's not that they aren't being loaded in the right order, it's that they aren't being loaded at all, this wasn't happening with V5 or the previous Client,
it's basically doing things like:

PHP Code:
function canInitialize(){
  return 
player.hasFunction("myFunction");

And as the function is not being joined to the player the system isn't being initialized.

With clientside player classes you seemingly have to join them clientside, we've always had player classes containing both serverside and clientside script joined seperately on the server and client as only the serverside script would work when only joined by the server.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Graal Administration
Class loading has not been changed though, is onClassLoaded showing something? Also normally you can add some init function and call it from the other script and it will wait with executing the function until the class has been downloaded.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:31 AM
Banned
Quote:
Class loading has not been changed though, is onClassLoaded showing something? Also normally you can add some init function and call it from the other script and it will wait with executing the function until the class has been downloaded.
The onClassLoaded function is being called for those classes that are being loaded, however it's a problem that is limited to specific classes and it's definitely only occurring with the latest client.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Graal Administration
Tried the other thing which I've said?
Will check it anyway though.

Last edited by Admins; 10-18-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I noticed similar class loading issues on Maloria, where classes simply wouldn't load straight away, causing the class specific functions called afterwards to not be recognized. Putting a 0.5 second sleep after joining the classes "fixes" it, but I'd rather see it fixed on your end rather than using a hack to solve it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I noticed similar class loading issues on Maloria, where classes simply wouldn't load straight away, causing the class specific functions called afterwards to not be recognized. Putting a 0.5 second sleep after joining the classes "fixes" it, but I'd rather see it fixed on your end rather than using a hack to solve it.
Yes... this happens on serverside too .

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-18-2010, 04:55 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Varia isn't having the class issue, but sometimes the client will randomly freeze and crash. I've tried several time to replicate this by doin what I was doing before, but it seems to be just random.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Graal Administration
Uploaded 5.303.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Banned
Quote:
Uploaded 5.303.
As soon as I open it (Vista 32 bit):

Old 10-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
As soon as I open it (Vista 32 bit):

Can you check if you have correctly downloaded it (should display a valid signature when right click -> properties)

Tags
graal v6, windows