Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 08:28 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot close the playerlist if my window is maximized, the options to close/minimize/etc do not show up when I focus on the playerlist.

I can't duplicate the error you're getting Thor, are you doing something special other than entering/exiting a level?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I cannot close the playerlist if my window is maximized, the options to close/minimize/etc do not show up when I focus on the playerlist.

I can't duplicate the error you're getting Thor, are you doing something special other than entering/exiting a level?
Nope, I was also getting a similar error with say2 messages:

Just tried Graal with OpenGL however and these problems are fixed.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I cannot agree. Tricking a user and forcing a user into visiting a shock site (or other illicit material) have the same result - the user is exposed to undesirable content. The only way to prevent that entirely is through strict administrative procedure. We can all agree that the users hold no responsibility if they are exposed to undesirable content via game client... that in itself is a strong argument against a openURL prompt. Perhaps Graal Online needs a better system report and respond to abuse?

In the mean time it may be a good idea to filter openURL requests from the client.
It had a prompt in the V5 Client now it doesn't, you know what works good for a openurl filter, a "do you want to open 'URL' prompt" that's all that has to be done and we don't need to get admins involved with URL approval like we do on these forums.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
we don't need to get admins involved with URL approval like we do on these forums.
Quote:
In the mean time it may be a good idea to filter openURL requests from the client.
You are mistaken.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:29 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You are mistaken.
Okay whatever point you're trying to make, I don't really care.

In it's current state OpenURL can be abused and V5 prevented this with an "Open 'http://example.org' OK Cancel" this is obviously something Stefan had to cut out from his builds due to the External Windows / Scripted Version of certain systems (Options, etc) and other refactoring. It needs to be re-added that's it.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:55 PM
spydrct02 is on a distinguished road
I did a quick test in 997mhz again in opengl mode and the result was it's slightly faster than regular mode on v6; 17fps vs 14fps, but the skipping still happens every second. By "skipping" I mean it freezes for a short time then unfreezes. Like this:
------skip---------skip----------skip-------

And for system info, I have:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 1.83ghz
Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
SoundMAX Integrated HD audio
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Had to switch back to V5 today, I got disconnected about 10 times in less than an hour
Old 10-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
It was mentioned that this.chat was automatically hiding after 3 seconds, it also seems that once it gets hidden like this it will not display the next time this.chat is set.

Without using opengl it seems as if all emitters are displaying the equivalent of 2 or 3 tiles higher than they should be.

I was testing a few things on a trial and noticed another level display issue as a result of entering Observer Mode and the screen focussing on a player several levels away:

The black square was much bigger than this and had correctly animated flower tiles within it originally but I couldn't screenshot it quick enough, it was without opengl again however.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrct02 View Post
------skip---------skip----------skip-------
Hmmm If it's freezing each 3 seconds then it might be the FILENAMECACHE.txt. If you have installed Graal on an external or very slow hard drive then saving the file name cache can slow down the game. Can you try to open game_config.txt and change this value: cachefilenames=false (or open the old Graal and disable file name cache in the options)? We could add an option for that in the new scripted option window, currently it only shows options needed for the Linux version.

We can also add an option to change the default font.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hmmm If it's freezing each 3 seconds then it might be the FILENAMECACHE.txt. If you have installed Graal on an external or very slow hard drive then saving the file name cache can slow down the game. Can you try to open game_config.txt and change this value: cachefilenames=false (or open the old Graal and disable file name cache in the options)? We could add an option for that in the new scripted option window, currently it only shows options needed for the Linux version.

We can also add an option to change the default font.
I was getting this same skipping issue with opengl but not without it, filenamecache was however never an issue with v5.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I've had the skipping problem since I downloaded v6, but it's VERY minor, but annoying. FPS checks can't even notice it because it's so quick, and I have a decent HDD.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:23 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Kind of a weird bug but this is the best I can describe it and replicate it:

On GK, when I hold out my shield with the D button, you hold D press ctrl, let go of D then let go of ctrl and your shield will be held out until you either press D again or sometimes it just stops itself. I hope I explained this good enough. :P
Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Using openGL seemed to fix my client freezing when connecting to other servers some how.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Without using opengl it seems as if all emitters are displaying the equivalent of 2 or 3 tiles higher than they should be.
Confirmed. Also seems that previously barely visible smoke emitters now have turned pitch black. Same thing happening in OpenGL, but even the fire itself changed behavior there and more or less completely vanished.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image9.png
Views:	391
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	51782

Name:	Image10.png
Views:	399
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	51783

It would also be nice with an option to mute/un-mute all sound at once with just one button. Un-muting would restore the bars to the positions they were at before muting.

Name:	Image2.png
Views:	395
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	51784

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by xXziroXx; 10-04-2010 at 08:15 AM..
Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
i'd like to say that, openURL is very annoying without a promt, as on GK, when you spar, there is a "scroll" on the ground that uses openURL, next to the door, that you hit frequently when you get killed because of the pushback when damaged.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you

Tags
graal v6, windows