Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Would require double the tiles to work.....(so on)

Oh, and tone down the black in the checkered floor tile. At such a small size, the black and white contrast harshly... try a mildly dark dark grey, or tone down the white... or do both.
Exactly, I didn't want to go iso, seeing as that may differentiate the perspectives from the regular levels and that by a long shot. So I just did 45 degree angels. Also I will tone that down a bit, it IS kind of a bit much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
Is the tile made in just MS paint?
Yop, everything was made in MS, besides the gray angled wall. That had a Noise tool added to it to give it some texture.

Updates
-GUI&Inventory are updated (obviously form Mikes post)
-Bounty system has been mildly started.
-Stats system is being worked on (leveling skills)
-HP and melee base systems are completely done (hit detection is on)
-GMap made 'some' progress since last post
-Tiles are now being added to stay away form Era's style!

Questions, Ideas and concerns are still and always welcome!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:52 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Personally I wouldn't bother making diagonal wall tiles until there is proper support for tile layers.
And then you can add the diagonals on a new layer with transparency at the bottom, so you can use the one type of diagonal wall on all floor type without making multiple copies on your tileset.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:07 AM
Yea that would have made things a lot easier. But I already made the base and setups for the rest of floor tiles I add to the walls angles, so its all good now.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Personally I wouldn't bother making diagonal wall tiles until there is proper support for tile layers.
And then you can add the diagonals on a new layer with transparency at the bottom, so you can use the one type of diagonal wall on all floor type without making multiple copies on your tileset.
It's not that demanding on tiles to make one for the wall to match each floor. Sure, layers would make it easier, but no reason to skip on diagonals. People just need to learn how to do tile layouts efficiently.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's not that demanding on tiles to make one for the wall to match each floor. Sure, layers would make it easier, but no reason to skip on diagonals. People just need to learn how to do tile layouts efficiently.
And how would you rate my tile layout ability?

Update
I made a new Sig for Int!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:58 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm? I dunno, it's never bad until you run out of room... and that really sucks when you already have a whole overworld and many interiors done, and you have to do a whole new tileset layout.

I find a general good layout would be to have a tileset for the exterior, and a tileset for the interiors... and addtiledef2 for changing wall tiles(much like palette swapping), and floors and other stuff that would frequently be different. It means less creativity because you can't use outside tiles inside, and vice versa, but you have SO much more room.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Yea I already thought about doing that. But we started the OW and such, and have a good bit of tiles. Idk what I'm going to do at the moment.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:08 AM
If you decide, do it early. In the end, even if you run out of room using the 'normal' method that you're doing now... you can just addtiledef2 when it's needed. It's just more inconvenient.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Okay thanks, be ready for a PM soon to further explain how to use addtiledef2
Old 08-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Ok, I'll answer it here...
addtiledef2 is very similar to addtiledef in functionality, except that it's overlays an image over the tile, instead of replacing it.

The prefixing works the same. If you do:
addtiledef2(imagecrap,"ow_",0,0);
It will replace the tiles at the 0,0 pixel coordinate in the tileset for all levels starting with ow_.

Now, you can also do:
addtiledef2(imagecrap,"ow_a01",0,0);
to replace tiles specifically for level ow_a01 an none others. I suggest this whenever you use them on the overworld, so you don't get unintended tile errors.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 AM
I'll play around with it then, doesn't sound all too hard. I did it a bit on Icarus before, but it kinda faded from my memory.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Remember, the coordinates you use are pixel coordinates, in the tileset image itself.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Ya I got it

Last edited by Arch_Angel; 08-08-2008 at 07:56 AM..
Old 08-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I can really tell that you're working with Sage.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...3&d=1176082705
Sorry but i really had to come to reply to Ziro haha.. Ziro trust me, if I was ACTUALLY working with these guys I would re-do the whole tileset to be honest. I dont pixel crappy anymore (no offense Angel) haha. But those tiles on that tileset are just old cruddy works of mine besides Angels.. I just dont really have the time to make graphics for Graal anymore.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
Yop, everything was made in MS, besides the gray angled wall. That had a Noise tool added to it to give it some texture.

and the tile...is...finished...?