Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2006, 05:39 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down Not really

That hide function is a severe blow on the nose! Why the hell we need to hide armour? GK is a RP server. Now everybody is a wizzard and can make woosh and hide his helmet? So let's switch GK to a PK server and get rid of the kingdoms.
Now we do not need any new graphics for helmets and cloaks anymore, very cool.
And when the function will be enable for body armour and weapons we are all much more happy and free...
Old 11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
weapons shouldnt be hideable...if you want to hide your weapon, unequip it.

other than that, sounds good. i remember, before mech lost out on everything because of ibonic, that ugly ass pmop (no offence to whoever made it) but i couldnt stand the colors, and it only matched with the fhom...THAT EVERYONE WORE...every fighter looked the exact same, minus there weapon.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I don't see a big problem with hiding the helmet and cloak, at the end they only give some stats and change your look. Hiding the look is ok since people cannot use it to prevent having other items, it's just showing their normal hair and allows better customization.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:34 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
I wanna hide my armor...so I can run around and look dead sexy while looking like I have no armor.
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
the hiding armor part is fine. but hiding a weapon? O_O
Old 11-28-2006, 06:48 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Yea...I don't see the point in hiding a weapon...thats epically retarded IMHO.

I take that back..There might be some points to that, but in the most case its not really needed...but the armor...theres some armors that are epically ugly, and just deserves to be hidden, like the plate mail of Balor. xD

Otherwise, Hide shield, and armor is all thats left to be enabled for hidden mode. =p

Sam, I can also point out several reasons that statement isn't entirely...well...needed.
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Hidable Items:
Helmet
Cloak

Non Hidable:
Shield
Weapon

The ability to hide your armor should be implemented. If not, better gfx plz
Old 11-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
That hide function is a severe blow on the nose! Why the hell we need to hide armour? GK is a RP server. Now everybody is a wizzard and can make woosh and hide his helmet? So let's switch GK to a PK server and get rid of the kingdoms.
Now we do not need any new graphics for helmets and cloaks anymore, very cool.
And when the function will be enable for body armour and weapons we are all much more happy and free...
Psssttt... GK has no RPing.

Also, it is because players have very little variety currently that this was demanded. And there seemed to be no indication of any major updates coming in the near future. I don't see the big deal, players didn't want to look the same as everyone else. Like Stefan said, more variety.

I agree armor should be hidable.

I'd also like to know who's directly responsible for this update... I'd like to give them a cookie.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well it's not the problem of not having enough variety, the problem is that players always want higher stats. A better solution would be to introduce items of the same stats but different look ?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A better solution would be to introduce items of the same stats but different look ?
I second this notion.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:52 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well it's not the problem of not having enough variety, the problem is that players always want higher stats. A better solution would be to introduce items of the same stats but different look ?
sounds good
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyrocks2 View Post
Yea...I don't see the point in hiding a weapon...thats epically retarded IMHO.

I take that back..There might be some points to that, but in the most case its not really needed...but the armor...theres some armors that are epically ugly, and just deserves to be hidden, like the plate mail of Balor. xD

Otherwise, Hide shield, and armor is all thats left to be enabled for hidden mode. =p

Sam, I can also point out several reasons that statement isn't entirely...well...needed.
Because you and some others don't agree with my statement doesn't implies it is not needed. This is a forum and forums are made to make statements.

Graal Kingdoms is not Zone, it is untill now still a ROLEPLAY server so far I remember.
When you play your role and fight against somebody you need to defend, that means you need to wear armour, like a helmet.
So why it make sense to hide helmets and cloaks but not weapons and body armour? I miss the logic.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Kyden
Quote:
When you play your role and fight against somebody you need to defend, that means you need to wear armour, like a helmet.
So why it make sense to hide helmets and cloaks but not weapons and body armour? I miss the logic.
GK isn't real and this is something the majority of the players wanted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
A better solution would be to introduce items of the same stats but different look ?
Not a bad idea... as it stands now you can't realistically fight without speed or a FHoM. Same goes with PMoP.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:23 PM
superannuated super mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5 View Post
GK isn't real and this is something the majority of the players wanted?
And if the majority want to delete the kingdoms or change GK from RP server to a PK server it has to happen? Very logical!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Kyden
Quote:
And if the majority want to delete the kingdoms or change GK from RP server to a PK server it has to happen? Very logical!
Not quite, you do things that players/customers want that are feasible and the staff feel is still appropriate. They are paying to play and our your customers. Sorry for not explaining myself, I felt it was common sense.

Btw I really don't get you referring to it as a RP server and not a PK server... I really think that line has become quite blurred on GK and it's hard to put a label on the server.