Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Valikorlia Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
RP Rules apply, you can't set your nick to something like "OMFG 1337 h4x0r!!1111" You have to have OOC in your name when you're not in character. If you don't know what OOC and IC are, you might as well just stay off.
Uh, this is what you are gonna say to paying customers? Might want to re-think telling people to stay off of a server just because they dont know what something means.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-29-2003, 07:18 PM
Banned
Demon is on a distinguished road
It may have all this stuff with bad levels, gfx, corrupt staff, etc. But every other current playerworld has these things. I say its a step in the right direction because it does have some new things.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Fuel_Injected is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fuel_Injected
I was playing today and found that at least 3 of ther monsters look quite alike to monsters from Ragnarok Online, and also, they have used Alberta Docks which is also part of Ragnarok.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:19 PM
where da wmdz at
Neonight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neonight
Quote:
Originally posted by Lyndzey
I almost got banned on that server once for having a * in my name.

I go on and I notice that they are using a lot of Providence graphics (window, lute, and I'm sure there are more) and there have also been some complaints about stolen graphics...

God damnit, if my Providence graphics are on that server after I specifically told Weow not to use them, heads are going to roll. Tyne made the lute, window, vines, etc., but I made a few of the icons.

Let's face it: since Tyne left the first Valikorlia, it has been nothing but a burden to Graal.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:22 PM
TribulationStaff is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TribulationStaff
And I did the fife. Both of which I first asked then demanded being taken down, because I plan on reusing them. And considering I made the wavs and the version of code that made the lute work on prov, I think I have every right to reuse the lute too.

Help me keep scripting
Old 07-29-2003, 08:29 PM
where da wmdz at
Neonight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neonight
Quote:
Originally posted by TribulationStaff
And I did the fife. Both of which I first asked then demanded being taken down, because I plan on reusing them. And considering I made the wavs and the version of code that made the lute work on prov, I think I have every right to reuse the lute too.
I don't see my graphics on there at the time, but I'm trying to talk to Malak. I asked him where the head honcho was.

On another note, I just heard sounds that I'm sure are from RPG Maker 2000.

And on yet another note, why the hell are there people running around on Valikorlia with (Coder) tags?
Old 07-29-2003, 09:09 PM
TribulationStaff is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TribulationStaff
The wavs for the lute were recorded from my synthesizer.

Help me keep scripting
Old 07-29-2003, 10:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Ok...try doing this.

Make a list of all the things that are stolen. (I dont mean suspected of being stolen like the "ragnarok monsters" which we did by ourselves)

Make the list a bit organized and I'll take care of the rest. Its pretty hard to actually organize -anything-.

I think im one of the only staff with a gold/vip account ..
Old 07-29-2003, 10:26 PM
TB3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to TB3
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
After about 20 minutes I was walking around and some guy comes up to me and this is basically what our conversation was:

Guy: "Idiot."
Me: "Huh?"
Guy: "You're hacking"
Guy: "I saw you wall hacking."
Me: "wtf?"
Guy: "Don't play dumb, I'm reporting you."

Then about 5 minutes later, some staff warps to me (yes me directly, using warpto konidias), while I'm killing blob things. The server is so laggy it probably just looked like I was on a wall or something.

I'm already seriously disliking this new Val or whatever it is. Everybody that plays it seems to be greedy and they steal your money, your kills, then call you a newbie. It would help if the developers there had any clue as to how you have to make leveling up in order for it to be fun.

Here's a hint: Make more, and bigger, monster areas. Right now you have to go in like 2-3 little TINY caves, or one little room of some sort. It's just asking for trouble. You're forcing everyone to fight right next to eachother, and you're bound to have players arguing over kills, and money stealing, and everything. If you have more areas to kill monsters in, and BIGGER areas, instead of little tiny spaces where the monsters get stuck in the walls and you can't even walk around someone to get to another part of the room.

An explanation as to the stats and how to play would be nice as well. I'm just looking at all these numbers and have no idea what most of them mean. Where the heck can I see how much money I have? How do I drop it? How do I drop anything? What are all the dozens of stats in the weapon menu thing? Why do I swing my normal Graal sword, and then swing a custom sword? I'm guessing the last one is just a glitch?

Why didn't you guys fix this stuff earlier? Did you not notice that nearly half of the enemies get stuck in the walls?
Hahahahah i just logged on and watched a GP "yell its ban time"
and banned someone for speed hacking.... its funny though because he proved he was speed hacking with a ... a screenshot.... how does a screen shot prove someone was speed hacking???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speedhack.png
Views:	175
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	24623  

To the sun of your age, I arise
Old 07-30-2003, 12:10 AM
Banned
Demon is on a distinguished road
That is well funny!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Banned
Golbez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Golbez Send a message via Yahoo to Golbez
Thats just messed up. I think they should be taken down for many reasons. I would even ban the owners from Graal so they cant try making anther server like that :/
Val was good back when it started but now it sucks.... Its like Providence they were good at first then they went down hill...
Old 07-30-2003, 09:58 AM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
I question the requirement to have "OOC" in your name, when there are dozens, perhaps hundreds, of nicknames you could use to clearly indicate you are not RPing.

For example, if you refer to "RPing" with your name, you are obviously not "in character," because your character would have no knowledge of what RPing is, or also if you have a name related to any current political events, becuase obviously your character would not know that it is believed that Sadaam's sons have been eliminated.

When asked why OOC is in the name, I've been told "so people know you're not RPing" - why, then, should no other name which clearly indicates you are not RPing, be disallowed? I see no reason that I should not be able to connect to that server with the nickname "*Tseng" or even "Tseng {Leet RPer}" - both of those nicknames rather indicate that I am not at the moment RPing (although the second one would tend to indicate that I am interested in doing so in the near future).
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 07-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Chris1Polly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chris1Polly
heh....

Valikorlia hah.. I dont know what you were expecting when you logged on but if it was "val" you went to the wrong place. (Val being the old valikorlia where there was at least -some- fun) Im ashamed to say I USED to be staff there, but that was before most of this new crap. When I left things were nowhere near completion and estimated release date was late august or something. Anyways.. back on tack. This new Valikorlia is a product of corruption and theft, Ive noticed alot of it myself - random snes rpg gfx, ripped sounds ect.- While I was there I tried to get rid of most of it. Heh wanna know whats funny? I was run off the server, vicious things were said/done to me just so I would stop trying to end their corruption/theft. Its sad really, but for someone who loved the server to hate it so much, there must have been a really big change.. for the worse. I agree with everyone else who has said so "the server should not be allowed to be up". As for the system.. its scripted really well, I can say Im impressed, but it was done by Entrancer, very little was actually done by the one taking credit for it (Clash). Its overcomplicated for players to use. With the serious stuff aside Im posting my song about valikorlia! (to the tune of "12 days of christmas")

TWELVE VISITS TO VALIKORLIA - BY AEGLOS LIRINEN
===============================================
On my first visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, an island filled with newbies!

On my second visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, two pimp'n hats and an island filled with newbies!

On my third visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my fourth visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my fifth visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, FIVE OOOOOLDBIEES four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my sixth visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, six laggy systems, FIVE OOOOLDBIEES, four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my seventh visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, seven buggy monsters, six laggy systems, FIVE OOOLDBIEES, four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my eighth visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, eight boats a floatin', seven buggy monsters, six laggy systems, FIVE OOOLDBIEES, four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my ninth visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, nine corrupt staff members, eight boats a floatin', seven buggy monsters, six laggy systems, FIVE OOOLDBIEES, four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my tenth visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, ten pimps a boating, nine corrupt staff members, eight boats a floatin', seven buggy monsters, six laggy systems, FIVE OOOLDBIEES, four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my eleventh visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, eleven ripped graphics, ten pimps a boating, nine corrupt staff members, eight boats a floatin', seven buggy monsters, six laggy systems, FIVE OOOLDBIEES, four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!

On my twelveth visit to valikorlia the staffers gave to me, tweleve globals screaming, eleven ripped graphics, ten pimps a boating, nine corrupt staff members, eight boats a floatin', seven buggy monsters, six laggy systems, FIVE OOOLDBIEES, four *****s, three tile errors, two pimp'n hats, and an island filled with newbies!
----------------------
"12 globals screaming" refers back to an old val experience where globals were called almost every day to do something. All other statements refer to the current valikorlia (I mean if you can legally obtain a pimp hat yet be banned for using an aterisk in your name theres something wrong)

ONE LAST THING ^_^ I PROMISe hehe this nice little screenshot of their "RPing" (censored a naughty word being used by the gloriously uncorrupt staff )

Last edited by Chris1Polly; 07-30-2003 at 02:22 PM..
Old 07-30-2003, 02:24 PM
Chris1Polly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chris1Polly
oops forgot to attach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	val22.png
Views:	164
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	24635  
Old 07-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Cerebrate
Neoreno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neoreno
Those GPs must've been hired by the first come, first serve method.

Quote:
Exitus Acta Probat: The Outcome Justifies the Deed.