Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
It doesn't justify it because it's up, live, in a situation where it is copyright infringement. If this was offline, say, if you were making your own game and it was in development where it was not being distributed, than it would be fine.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Actually its not copyright infringement, it has been created from scratch and is not exactly the same, but is still a placeholder because we dont want anything THAT close on our server anyways.

It's a simple, logical thought process...

Besides the fact, I didn't start this thread for debate on the server and its graphics, but on news for the server itself. If you want to start a debate, please start another thread, or I will just ask for this thread to be closed until further notice or something.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Actually its not copyright infringement
Yes it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
End of story. lol

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 11-30-2009, 09:22 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Yes it is:

End of story. lol
i'll scribble red lines over the current GFX so it's not identical
Old 11-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Whatever floats your boat, though I can upload a picture of Master Chief with red lines scribbled on him and use it on a server and it'll still be copyright infringement.
Honestly, I just don't want you guys to have any kind of trouble with this lol I think it would be nice for a decent server to be made for once. That hasn't happened in many years.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 11-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
My point was you can achieve a 'Zelda-feel' without resizing Zelda tiles. Create something original and try to accomplish the Zelda feel like that. What you're doing might not technically be copyright infringement, but it's not something GraalOnline condones(I've said it many times, but Stefan does not want any resized Zelda images, no matter if they're not technical rips or whatever). Be creative about it.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
My point was you can achieve a 'Zelda-feel' without resizing Zelda tiles. Create something original and try to accomplish the Zelda feel like that. What you're doing might not technically be copyright infringement, but it's not something GraalOnline condones(I've said it many times, but Stefan does not want any resized Zelda images, no matter if they're not technical rips or whatever). Be creative about it.
we can manage this; the perspective and design is all that was being considered, we'll reach a quality point in the graphics soon enough
Old 12-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
Answer (for idiots that can't read):

Quote:
Actually its not copyright infringement, it has been created from scratch and is not exactly the same, but is still a placeholder because we dont want anything THAT close on our server anyways.
Read closely, it states in my post ALREADY that we dont want anything that close, we are going to change it. Stated that many times. You guys are just stupid if you didn't see that.

Quote:
Whatever floats your boat, though I can upload a picture of Master Chief with red lines scribbled on him and use it on a server and it'll still be copyright infringement.
Honestly, I just don't want you guys to have any kind of trouble with this lol I think it would be nice for a decent server to be made for once. That hasn't happened in many years.
then...
Quote:
Besides the fact, I didn't start this thread for debate on the server and its graphics, but on news for the server itself. If you want to start a debate, please start another thread, or I will just ask for this thread to be closed until further notice or something.
Quote:
Yes it is:

End of story. lol
No it's not. lol.

Quote:
It doesn't justify it because it's up, live, in a situation where it is copyright infringement. If this was offline, say, if you were making your own game and it was in development where it was not being distributed, than it would be fine.
We've locked the server, and it's been locked for over the amount of when i made the newest update in this thread, so it's not being distributed, no one can see it but developers (i feel like i have to spell this out like im talking to a five year old, freakin ridiculous). lol. All you can see is OSL. Idiots once again. Should have checked it before you "talked". Learn to back what you say up.

Quote:
From what I recall, that tileset(houses, trees and such) weren't allowed to be used on Graal because they're just resized and cleaned up versions of Link to the Past tiles. Not to mention the swamp statue is a rip as well as the horizontal bridge.
Did you ever see those images put ON the server? At ALL? Because they havent been on the tileset now for half this discussion. Maybe you should double check yourself before you start bashing a server in development, that is locked where people can only see OSL, and you dont even know if the images you see are actually being used at all. What a ...omg..., seriously, read and think before you post, its a necessity at this point. Add this to the rest of the things I've said about images so far...

And finally, my favorite...

Quote:
I believe being that this has been "stated before" to Dusty, but no one else that works on the playerworld? It should really be a pwa telling us what to do with it in this circumstance as well. If the placeholder needs to go, then we need to be told that, not some random person who has nothing to do with the playerworld at all.
SERIOUSLY. IM NOT JOKING. WE'VE HAD 2 ON IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS, NOTHING WAS SAID SO THINK PEOPLE...THINK...!!

stupid, ridiculous, and pathetic (its graal, audience, they will keep going, even though all they have said amounts to no validity at this point)...

Last edited by sssssssssss; 12-01-2009 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: changed some words...
Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Answer (for tards that can't read):

Read closely, it states in my post ALREADY that we dont want anything that close, we are going to change it. Stated that many times. You guys are just stupid.

then...

No it's not. lol.

We've locked the server, so it's not being distributed. lol. All you can see is OSL. Tards.

Did you ever see those images put ON the server? At ALL? Because they havent been on the tileset now for half this discussion. Tard. Maybe you should double check yourself before you start bashing a server in development, that is locked where people can only see OSL, and you dont even know if the images you see are actually being used at all. What a tard, seriously, read and think before you post, its a necessity at this point.

And finally, my favorite...

SERIOUSLY. IM NOT JOKING. WE'VE HAD 2 ON IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS, NOTHING WAS SAID IDIOTS...

stupid, ridiculous, and pathetic (its graal, audience, they will keep going, even though all they have said amounts to no validity at this point)...
You've just lost my respect.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
The players of GraalOnline have no authority to tell you to remove something or edit anything, ignore them.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Cyril Rain
I don't really care who's respect I lose. Well, I take that back. I'm sorry to offend anyone in my last post, but won't change it, because they keep going on about things that have already been said, and it's the only way I can figure out how to get anything through certain people's heads.

Again, I meant no offense to anyone. I'm sorry if I did. I'll change a few of the words.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 PM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
The players of GraalOnline have no authority to tell you to remove something or edit anything, ignore them.
Ignoring good advice is not a good thing to advise.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Cyril Rain
Sweet lord, it's not good advice... it's just the preferences of some of them, thats all...

read the posts.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:05 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
Ignoring good advice is not a good thing to advise.
You're inferring that everyone has good advice. Advice is one thing, complaining is another.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:10 PM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
You're inferring that everyone has good advice. Advice is one thing, complaining is another.
Matter of interpretation. I saw it as Dusty advising them to remove the copyrighted content :P
Closed Thread