Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Hiring for Delteria
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKxTortoise View Post
more stuff
Perfectly, it's not that I wanted to work for Delteria. I was just reading and stating my opinion.

Aside from what I said, it was a good hiring thread and I hope Delteria does well.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
I seriously doubt any other playerworld can offer what Delteria is currently offering, why is it so bad it comes with requirements, duties, procedures, and actual responsibility?
Oh boy, I was on your side until you had to post that.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-04-2007, 09:36 PM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Oh boy, I was on your side until you had to post that.
This ISN'T ABOUT SIDES.

Seriously, I love to argue as much as the next guy, but there's no right or wrong here. If you disagree with what Delteria can offer you - that is, if the possibility for easy advancement, preexisting live server, chance to build your portfolio, RC, and presumably, fun - DON'T APPLY. I'm not going to change my policy for an applicant (although Cloven might, so if you think you're good, see him), much less an ideologue. It's senseless and proves nothing.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
This ISN'T ABOUT SIDES.
Sorry for not being clear enough, how can I put it.. I agreed with every word you said, and I was even considering to offer to help.. until you basically said that Delteria is the only under construction server with any potential out there.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 05-04-2007, 10:26 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Wow. The tileset just makes me want to help out really bad. Sadly though, I see classic bodies so that turns me off in a heartbeat.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
You still don't get it. Good luck in getting people to signup. Frankly I would rather go through someone else who won't be a hardass to me for not doing my work one day.

Just because you think Delteria is probably gonna be the best...there is always another one out there better.

Again good luck college boy in getting people to work with you. With you attitude I would be suprised if anyone over a novice applies to the server to work with you/
Old 05-04-2007, 10:35 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
We are offering some things I assure you no other server, live or dev, can offer you. The server is at a unique point in the development stage where it would be VERY prudent of an aspiring developer to jump in.
Oh ho ho. That is quite amusing my man. You must not get out much?
You are still using classic bodies and you are saying Deteria is the best server so far (or rather is the only server that can offer you something that could be better).
Old 05-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
...you are saying Deteria is the best server so far (or rather is the only server that can offer you something that could be better).

I wonder how many servers have claimed this?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:45 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
"It's hard but it's fair"

I like Tort's style rather than the standard 'work for a day, get an RC, and abuse for the rest of your life' style I see on other servers
Old 05-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
GJ ruining your own hiring thread Delteria Staff team! WOO GO TEAM!
Old 05-05-2007, 02:27 AM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
GJ ruining your own hiring thread Delteria Staff team! WOO GO TEAM!
Is it that unreasonable to think that there may be people on this board reasonable enough to avoid this quagmire of stupidity and just went straight to my instant messenger like I requested? Wouldn't you know it - no! There are actually some people who are rational enough to do something totally insane like not complain about policy and instead give it a shot, working with it to see what happens.

I'm also curious as to what you would expect me to claim here. Are you expecting me to say "New Delteria will make Delteria one of the most mediocre servers ever!" or perhaps "Nothing is more average than a job on New Delteria!" I cannot follow your arguments about potential at all. A "good server" is something of a matter of opinion. I measure it in playercount. You might measure it in graphics, another person might measure it in script eloquence, yet another in server complexity, and a final person might take a look at community cohesion. All of these things are fine, but do you actually expect me to say something other than "the server I work for is ****ing awesome, and I think you should all jump in!"

I think you people would be surprised to see how well this thread actually worked. My quality assurance efforts, while clearly controversial, generated an interesting pool for talent. We're still looking for more, though, so anyone who want a job feel free to keep contacting me. As for the rest of you, if you'd like me to keep justifying my policy, keep asking me. It is not nearly as harsh as it seems and I stand by it. Ask yourself something, though: what do you think the policy is like on Graal Kingdoms? Unholy Nation? Even Zodiac to an extent, or Era? Zone? Compare it to the servers that are at the end of the day hidden away far, far beneath the playerlist that barely have a chance to breathe. Think about servers that failed - G3k, Bravo, Enigma, SL, Mithica, Damasca - then ask yourself why they failed.

More applicants for Delteria welcome! All skill sets considered assuming you meet our prerequisites.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
That observation is ridiculous because it ignores the assumed payout I hope everyone enjoys: the fun of making something.
I don't mind what you're doing. Good luck with it.
But really... it is volunteer, whether they enjoy it, or they get a tag or not, it is. I just feel the 'payout' isn't really equivalent to some of the talents on Graal. Not saying you're not going to get anybody, I just don't think anyone can repay some of the work that gets put into Graal with a tag and RC, even if they enjoy it.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I don't mind what you're doing. Good luck with it.
But really... it is volunteer, whether they enjoy it, or they get a tag or not, it is. I just feel the 'payout' isn't really equivalent to some of the talents on Graal. Not saying you're not going to get anybody, I just don't think anyone can repay some of the work that gets put into Graal with a tag and RC, even if they enjoy it.
I enjoy the prospect of a satisfied and growing community, personally.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
mooooreee screens :P
Old 05-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Wow your getting people. Good for you. That still won't change people's opinions on here. You are a person I wouldn't work for. I hated it when my family was in the Military because everything was run with precision and frankly I hate it now. I for one won't get AIM on my computer...oh look I automatically don't get hired. Boo hoo.

Regardless to what you may thing. A staff tag and RC access isn't payment for people taking their free time to help you make this server. In fact far from it. If you want to pay them then send them irl money for their time.

Look at me I am Events Master on Graal kingdoms (also owner of Misty Mug Tavern, Prince of Zormite) and part of Events Team on Zone, LAT for Graalopolis with RC access. Yes I have the tags but I am doing it on my own time. I am not getting paid to do it. So what makes you think that a staff tag and rc access constitutes payment?

Last edited by Ravenblade1979; 05-05-2007 at 06:32 PM..
Closed Thread