Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 06:25 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
About the small gani problems with scripted movement system: this seems to be a problem with pixel alignment - the player at an odd position between two pixels. This also happens with the skating animation on Classic iPhone on iPhone, will try to fix it sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The small gani problem is also very apparent when your player is on an attached object like a boat.
It happens on all ganis, good to know that the problem has been spotted and will be resolved.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
New beta V6 Client Change Log?

Still crashing when getting attached to the boats on Zodiac. Doesn't seem to be the case on GK but the ferries are glitchy as hell trying to get on them.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 07-11-2010 at 10:00 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
5.258 should fix the timeout bug and echo(floating point) things, and also avoid the jittering of player animations with scripted movement. It also adds support for Ctrl+A, scripted RC find dialog and edit-as-text.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:19 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Also looks like you cleared up some issues happening with tile-layers as the levels I mentioned before are no longer glitching.

Remaining Bugs:
- Gani Crashing Error (someone like cbk or WhiteDragon else is going have to confirm this one)
- Keys staying in down state when Opening External Window
- Attach related crashing (described in my posts)
Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Hm, I notice that FPS takes a heavy hit when moving into populated areas, GMAPs and moving through level links on the GMAP still (as from 5.255 onwards, this doesn't happen in 5.254)

Edit: I made a short video as an example of this. Things to notice are:
1) Alone off the GMAP = Maximum 21FPS is achievable.
2) Entering the GMAP = Sharp drop before coming back up a little bit
3) Moving closer to populated areas (NPCs, Players and more noticed Projectiles) = Drops again
4) Moving back into an unpopulated area = Back to 21FPS

(Best in expanded 480p, I didn't mean for it to record my entire screen)

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lryA8zJ9MI
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·

Last edited by TSAdmin; 07-12-2010 at 06:46 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
That was the coolest T-Rex I've ever seen

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Hm, I notice that FPS takes a heavy hit when moving into populated areas, GMAPs and moving through level links on the GMAP still (as from 5.255 onwards, this doesn't happen in 5.254)
This has to do like with the network data amount?
Is the timeout fine now?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
This has to do like with the network data amount?
Frame Rate. The GMAP and populated areas seem to make the FPS jump up and down (lower and normal erratically)

Quote:
Is the timeout fine now?
Timeout appears to be fixed. I spent 120 minutes straight on the new client and it didn't happen at all I think we can cross that one off the bugs list
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
TSA I can confirm that FPS drop here as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
- Gani Crashing Error (someone like cbk or WhiteDragon else is going have to confirm this one)
The scroll writing (event shop) on Graal Kingdoms GANI crashes the Mac client so probably also the Windows client. There is also a GANI on Era which crashes the Mac client (the mining rock machine "fail" GANI). I will look into both of them and try to figure out what the problem is but I can confirm it exists.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:42 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
I can't really confirm anything since I don't have a new Linux 64-bit build. It's probably still happening though since it seemed unrelated to any of the fixes Stefan mentioned. (And Chris just confirmed.)
Old 07-14-2010, 01:11 AM
team canada
Security issue: openurl stills opens without a prompt to ask the user if they'd like to go to the URL passed to it.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Cursor change hangs on the playerlist(Hover over the border of the playerlist window and then move the mouse inside, it stays stuck on the "adjust window size" cursor).

edit: I think this happens until you click a player. It was doing it for a while and then I just couldn't get it to do it anymore.

edit2: Okay I think it only happens after you've opened a PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
The text cursor seems off(it has been since scripted windows were introduced, but the new cursor helps verify it). It needs to "round off" to the next character, if you understand.

The above screenshot shows where I'm clicking, and where the text caret is being placed.

Highlighting text and letting go of the mouse outside of the external window causes the highlighting to get "stuck" in highlight mode, instead of stopping. Forcing you to to be precise and stay within the window to highlight text(who does that?).

PM bubbles in the playerlist don't sync with each other. Moving your mouse over players with blinking bubbles causes the highlighted players bubbles to get out of sync.

When pm bubbles blink, they don't show the player's head. They simply blink to the bubble then to nothing.

Bug update: the playerlist seems to go on a docking-seizure when I start Graal, but it only happens randomly. I just opened Graal and my desktop started flickering/resizing rapidly and then the playerlist was docked(in the middle of my screen, I might add)... I see no options for playerlist docking, but I always keep it OFF. This little bug messes up the organization of my desktop :/

suggestion: Add format options for text along with the text size in the options. Allow players to define if text should be bold, italic, and so on.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 07-14-2010 at 07:25 PM..
Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Graal Administration
A new version has been given to Skyld and will be available soon.
Updates:
- fixed some crashes with NPCs using ganis
- should be faster on Era now
- when a window loses focus then the keys and mouse buttons are released so that the player should not continue to walk anymore and the cursor should correctly be updated when switching back to a PM or the playerlist
- clicking on text is moving the cursor to nearest character instead of the character below the cursor

Tags
graal v6, windows