Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
Don't forget my very specific opposition to it.
Just as many people opposed as supported, which I would have pointed out if DC had persisted.

Quote:
I have zero interest in such a position.

Most people don't know/realize this, but the core logic of the server from a scripting standpoint is COMPLETELY flawed.
Yes.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
that was page 22.
:-( Mine wasnt a serious suggestion.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
:-( Mine wasnt a serious suggestion.
I figured as much
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Well its just safe to bet money on now classic being thrown into the ****ter again for a couple of more years. I wouldn't expect anything to good now that we have two people who are not capable of managing as our managers. Hoorah!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill View Post
So you don't have a response to what I said?
Sorry, I didn't see it. After I responded to Ramirez, I went to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill View Post
You misunderstood what I was trying to say. We wanted you guys to do a full detailed constructed review whereby you looked at ALL the aspects of the server. Based on your decision alone, you have not done this.
Also, you singled out my opening statement of my full paragraph. If you quoted it fully (assuming you read it) you would've understood what I was trying to get at.

TSA you were invited, but the way you and your team approached this was all wrong.
I hope it's not like this in the future, you guys look like a complete and utter joke as of now.
I could have walked around on Classic with the 2 or 3 people that were on each day over the past couple of weeks until my virtual feet bled, but no amount of walking around on the server was going to get my review input to be swayed by something like
"This tile looks like it's been inactive for 4 years"
but since merely being on the server didn't seem to be productively moving anything along, it was a good thing that the people still had a voice.

The moments in which I was able to get in contact with a tiny mass of people on Classic at one time, all I got were a 3-4 man strong set of "DC Supporters" who only moaned and complained how they wanted DC as Manager, but honestly avoided most of my questions by giving deflective answers, so I knew that DC would never get manager as he were one of the people in the room, as well. You can't hope to reach the top if you deflect everything.

This, in-turn, left only 1 real aspect to fulfil which was to just speak to those who would speak, and Bell summed that up pretty well. When given the chance, I had quite a few people simply say "I'll post it on the forum thread later" who never did, and never showed up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I have no problem with Storm or Thor, but 2 managers shouldn't be the case, on any server. Reasons already stated.
While I have already stated that I see where people are coming from on the Duel Manager thing, and even showed you my opinion on it, they're big boys. I am sure that now they're both mature enough to (if they so decided) discuss between each other if there should be a "Co-Manager" instead of "2 Managers" and further decide which of the two should take up that position. That, in my opinion, is now entirely up to them.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I am sure that now they're both mature enough to (if they so decided) discuss between each other if there should be a "Co-Manager" instead of "2 Managers" and further decide which of the two should take up that position.
I personally found this to be very bothersome. You must have only had the most positive of experiences with Storm. To himself, most actions of his are justifiable, and the ones that aren't aren't severe enough to warrant anything negative being done. So no, he's not capable. This is pretty evident by the fact that he hasn't stepped down on his own.

Feel free to point out that this is my opinion of his actions. You'd be right, but what, exactly, DOES it take before it's severe enough without just plain being "corrupt"? There is no clear rule to go by here, it's all based on opinion of severity. Clearly myself and a lot of others think that what has transpired IS enough. The time involved is BEYOND ridiculous.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I think I might have called the outcome of this thread somewhere... but before I make some long winded posts to further sidetrack this thread, I want to get my facts straight first...

First off, I want to see the results (by account name) from the poll house on Classic, preferably posted by Storm, or a member of the PWA (I don't want to run the risk of the results being tampered with). Just post the list of who voted for what option. I do this because I call the validity of the poll results into question. I spent some time 'idling' in the poll house and seen a number of players warped in and told to vote against the PWA decision. I would even bet that there is a second or even third account used by the 'whiners' to further influence the results.

Secondly, I'd like to know why some of the issues players are bringing up now regarding the validity of the PWA review weren't addressed from the very beginning (such as "the PWA don't play Classic, how can they make a decision").

Thirdly, I'd like to point out that the two primary 'whiners' had some personal agenda regarding who should replace Storm, and insist on causing this drama after the decision (with the help of a lacky or two).
Old 03-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Reading this thread is very disappointing.
I really hope that all of you will find a way to accept the PWA's decision, and try to work together for the better of Classic.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
I'm probably going to be rambling again, but after seeing 4 pages added since I last checked this thread this morning, it would seemingly fit in.

Look. What's done is done. The PWAs have made their decision, right or wrong, and we have to stick with it. The players asked for a review of management, hoping for the removal of storm. The PWAs decided that, upon 'extensive' review, that storm could indeed still do his job, but he needed some help from someone a bit more active. Thus the solution of two managers was decided upon. As far as I know, these are the facts.

Now obviously some people have questioned the way in which this review occurred. They got opinions from some people, but not all. They got opinions from some admins, but not all. But lets be realistic here. It'd be nearly impossible to get the opinion of every single person who played classic. Apparently some admins were left out by accident, though I'm not sure how that can happen. Then again, we all make mistakes.

The problem I found with the review is that when the PWAs asked 'who would be a good manager', they really left a lot of open room. Who exactly was qualified? Who exactly wanted the job in the first place? What would that person actually (or at least promise) do as manager? The problem I saw is that many people knew they wanted a new manager, but weren't exactly sure who they wanted. Some people, such as DC, actively promoted themselves and listed a few things they would try to do. Other people suggested Thor, stryker, kat, or sometimes rufus. The problem was, most of these candidates never posted (at least that I saw) their credentials or their plans for the server, if they wanted the job at all.

So as far as I can tell, we had the majority of the playerbase wanting a new manager, but wasn't exactly sure who. Thus the PWAs were left scratching their heads, and eventually settled on the decision that they did.

IMO, though the 2 manager system could work out, it probably wasn't the best solution. In a review of management, the PWAs should review whether the manager in question can do his job or not. If the answer is yes, then that person should be left as manager. If the answer is no, then that manager needs to be removed completely. Then, they need to gather up all the qualified people and see if they are interested in the job. Of those that are, they need to hold a week-long poll/discussion about who the people think the best manager would be. The potentials would present their plan in a thread, and both the PWAs and players would vote for the next manager. If they came to the same conclusion, then we would have a new manager. If not, they would need to see why the people thought person A was more qualified than Person B, who was picked by the PWAs, and then discuss it more and then come to a decision.

At least, thats how I think a review should go. The players, if presented a list, should know who they'd want to take their server into the future. The PWAs, if presented a list, should be able to figure out (with investigations) who the best person would be. That's not how it was done, and its too late to change it.

Let us forget about these PWAs and focus on our future. If we work hard enough, perhaps we'll never have to ask them for their 'assistance' again, since apparently all they create is massive forum arguments. I respect the PWAs and all, since holding a review of a server they don't play certainly isn't easy. But with results and backlash like this, maybe they need to rethink how they handle these reviews. Nonetheless, we must now make due with what we have, which is two managers.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Thirdly, I'd like to point out that the two primary 'whiners' had some personal agenda regarding who should replace Storm, and insist on causing this drama after the decision (with the help of a lacky or two).
Who are your two primary whiners? I think I've exposed more flaws in the process than anyone and I had no agenda.

Still haven't been offered any explanation as to why I was completely overlooked on two aspects of this review. Apologies are cheap, reasons why are worth more.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Secondly, I'd like to know why some of the issues players are bringing up now regarding the validity of the PWA review weren't addressed from the very beginning (such as "the PWA don't play Classic, how can they make a decision").
I assume that most people believed that, although they didn't play classic, the PWAs would do a thorough enough investigation to get the opinion of the majority, and, combined with their own opinions, decide on who the new manager would be, if one was needed at all.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
So.. when's the old content going to be converted and uploaded?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:37 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
So.. when's the old content going to be converted and uploaded?
The old content isn't worth using, didn't you know? That's why it was all left behind 4+ years ago by the one with ultimate wisdom.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:16 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
looking back, thor was an excellent choice for manager but having 2 managers is ****ing stupid. when ibonic became comanager with storm production slowed down even more.
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-27-2009, 02:39 AM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Fact is,

Thor is a blind fool, who does only what he thinks is right. No communication skills (even i can type better, then he communicates with the people of classic)

Master Storm is a inactive fool, who has a perfect excuse for everything, and sums away every suggestion made by the players, because he also thinks HIS GOAL is the ULTIMATE GOAL.

conclusion:

2 stupid people were selected to lead classic to a place where it already was, which is at the bottom of the drain. This choice was made by people who could be my freakin lil brothers of 5 year old. I mean Bell is over 50 years old, and she let 2 kiddo's decide what's best for classsic, while she is a classic player from the beginning.

Every choice that has been made in the last 5 years, has been the wrong one. And all the people who made these choices for the server should be fired and banned from graal. They made classic what it is now, a pile of poop.

Assign some people who are new, who share classic moments, and are willing to listen to the community of classic, and maybe add stuff that the players made. Back in the days staff always added stuff made by the user. Nowadays they just follow their own agenda, they are full of their own greed. It's time someone steps up and put them on their number.

So here's my ****list:
-Thor
-Master Storm
-Ibonic
-Xiao_Dun (or whoever he is)
-Tig
-TSAdmin

And here is my wishlist:
-Tyhm
-Stryker
-Night
-Bell.