Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
- the timeout problem is hopefully fixed
It has intermediate jolts but overall has only been prolonged by 10 minutes. I have made it to 78minutes online before it got buggy like before.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-03-2010, 06:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
eh the effect i pointed out before hasnt been fixed yet ;[ guess its not related to the timeout stuff people suggested before
Old 07-03-2010, 06:22 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Tile Layers still aren't rendering correctly at all (or at least the level I attached).

Note: The V5 image was displaying random garbage tiles till the window was resized then it worked fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	482
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	51311  
Attached Files
File Type: nw zodiac_icedungeon-test.nw (26.7 KB, 489 views)

Last edited by fowlplay4; 07-03-2010 at 08:20 PM..
Old 07-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Alt 8+9 so awesome lol, shame it seems to blur everything but my head and shield though. Cursor doesn't change back from the <-> to the regular icon when I move my mouse from the playerlist to the main window. This also happens with the cursor on the sides of the main window.

Also yeah:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
eh the effect i pointed out before hasnt been fixed yet ;[ guess its not related to the timeout stuff people suggested before
Old 07-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
formattimestring() is crashing the Windows client when providing non-standard % codes.

Last edited by Skyld; 07-03-2010 at 08:11 PM..
Old 07-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
It has intermediate jolts but overall has only been prolonged by 10 minutes. I have made it to 78minutes online before it got buggy like before.
Can you explain a little bit more or prepare something simple for me test it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Tile Layers still aren't rendering correctly at all (or at least the level I attached).
Note: The V5 image was displaying random garbage tiles till the window was resized then it worked fine.
What's the level name where I can easily test it?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Ok there seems to be some massive slowdown for most people, will do a new version very soon.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:46 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What's the level name where I can easily test it?
zodiac_icedungeon-test.nw on Zodiac.

I believe Crono was referring to gani jittering effect. A good example of it was on Classic iPhone with the slippery snow ground, when the player is sliding the head seems to move first and then the rest of the sprites/body follows.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Graal Administration
I will check the tile layers.
BTW: please someone on Zodiac remove that client.bufftime_expbuff=3349.300830075 stuff, it's updating that 20 times each second, which is causing 600 bytes being sent by each player each second, probably without real purpose (can't use some simple client-side var?).

Update: the problem with the tile layers had to do with the detection for fully black or transparent tiles (for optimiztations) which wasn't correct for RGBA images so tilesets with RGBA images were ok but not palettized ones. It will be fine with the next version which will be up in a few hours.

Last edited by Admins; 07-04-2010 at 12:52 AM..
Old 07-04-2010, 12:18 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
This is trying to use the docking playerlist. The only thing I can think of that is causing this is the second monitor, but Skyld also has a second monitor and he said it works for him.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:38 AM
team canada
Quote:
I will check the tile layers.
BTW: please someone on Zodiac remove that client.bufftime_expbuff=3349.300830075 stuff, it's updating that 20 times each second, which is causing 600 bytes being sent by each player each second, probably without real purpose (can't use some simple client-side var?).
That's been dealt with (once every 5 seconds instead of 0.05), and it does have an important purpose ultimately it comes down to so people don't complain when they reconnect and their Gelat Purchased EXP Potion buff is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
This is trying to use the docking playerlist. The only thing I can think of that is causing this is the second monitor, but Skyld also has a second monitor and he said it works for him.
Also works fine on Win7 64-bit with dual monitors.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Do you have other programs running which try to dock at the same time? The docking mechanism in Windows is made by Microsoft which means it's not exactly intelligent and programs need to hack everything itself to support it correctly, although Graal is basicly only doing the basic things to not interfere with other programs too much. It should be the same as in v5.

Update: ok can reproduce the problem on Windows7, will try to fix it.

Update: provided a new version to Skyld, it should go live tomorrow:
- fixed playerlist docking on the right side of the screen
- fixed the optimizations for tile layers
- fixed a slowdown problem with the networking
- doesn't crash on strftime anymore

Last edited by Admins; 07-04-2010 at 03:42 AM..
Old 07-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Can you explain a little bit more or prepare something simple for me test it?
There's not really anything you can prepare I'm afraid. It is the same timeout bug as in the previous release, except it starts after having the client open for around 78 minutes instead of the previous 68 minutes.

As for the intermediate occurrence, it is easy to notice it with things such as musical instruments or anything that you can forcefully hold a sound down with so you can use your ears to hear the breaks in the timeout.

On the note of sounds though, I have noticed that every now and then there is like a digital "Pop" or digital "Crack" sound when there is a bit of noise coming from all directions. Easy way to reproduce this I guess is standing in the middle of Unstick Me on Era where people play a lot of instruments and randomly shoot in No PK for no reason.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-04-2010, 04:29 AM
team canada
The timeout becomes really obvious on Zodiac, when all the spell/casting effects start appearing choppy as well as movement.

You can use this simple moving block script I posted here on a server of your choice, let your client idle for the 78 minutes, and debug away.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:07 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
There is also a timer showing the time from staring the client which will flash yellow/red once the glitch takes place on Era. Top left.

Tags
graal v6, windows