Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Like I said originally, when someone talks about a server as a whole, has seen it with their own eyes, and knows the future plans, you can't, respectably and whole-heartedly, respond. You dont know what he knows. Know, going on, I, of coarse, wouldn't typically, as any other owner in development, spill ALL the beans of a server in development. I still haven't. What has been presented in this thread is the finished results thus far. What Precise was talking about was beyong the finished results thus far, and you replied to it idiotically, not knowing it. So I explained it, and you continue further, idiotically. You are not misinformed. You are correct. You are actually only knowing in part, and trying to respond thus. Results are idiotic posts. The End.
Apparently you still don't understand. I should have just quoted "This will definitely be a server to change the quality standard for future player worlds a-like." because that is what I was responding to. Everything you have posted looks bad to me, and it is consistently bad, and this is finished to you? Okay, I am entitled to say what I said. I don't have to know every nook and cranny, that is not how games are judged by consumers in real life, and that certainly isn't how it works on Graal.

Quote:
First off, you are seriously comparing players to developing server? You compare real life people to development server?! lol.
No, I am playing the game he wants to play. Ignorance about a bunch of players is not comparable because we are not putting ourselves out there. There isn't a thread about us, but I bet if there was there would be a lot of opinions, misinformed or not. I would not be reacting how you guys are though, because comments like "your avatar is bad hahaha!" are off-topic drivel. You are opening yourself up to comments by making a thread and posting content, accept it.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Old 09-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
This thread gives off bad vibes regarding Armageddon and I now have even less interest in the server (I had none to begin with, grats on going negative). Cyril and Decus are being ridiculously defensive over a server that, from what I've seen itt, is nothing special.
I'm 100% sure I've never warped you out of OSL since it came back, and 99% sure since I just got off the phone with my little bro Decus, that he's never warped you out either. So I'm sorry that 1 level, OSL, wasen't amazing to wow you about Armageddon. So, you saying this pretty much amounts to 0 as well, as you have little to no posts in here with negative or constructive critisim, and have probably never bothered to even log on. You're just being negative to be negative, as usual (can't completly knock you on that, I drink and do it throughout the graal forums some times lol, but typically you post just to post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Apparently you still don't understand. I should have just quoted "This will definitely be a server to change the quality standard for future player worlds a-like." because that is what I was responding to. Everything you have posted looks bad to me, and it is consistently bad, and this is finished to you? Okay, I am entitled to say what I said. I don't have to know every nook and cranny, that is not how games are judged by consumers in real life, and that certainly isn't how it works on Graal.

No, I am playing the game he wants to play. Ignorance about a bunch of players is not comparable because we are not putting ourselves out there. There isn't a thread about us, but I bet if there was there would be a lot of opinions, misinformed or not. I would not be reacting how you guys are though, because comments like "your avatar is bad hahaha!" are off-topic drivel. You are opening yourself up to comments by making a thread and posting content, accept it.
Edit: This next part includes you Rufus, I know you'd love to read it.

I am being defensive, but it's not to be defensive. It's because, if you read what I said, I hate it when people try to talk about something like they know about it, when they don't. That's idiotic and pointless. Tried to point that out to Rufus, which makes his comments even more idiotic after I've pointed this out. He's never been on I'm sure, and if he has, it was last year, and everything is different, like I have stated in this thread. He doesn't seem to understand he's replying to someone that HAS been on the server quite a bit and we HAVE told him the almost complete future of the server. He instead goes off what, 8 whopping screenshots, which are only about 2 different things, since we restarted, and uses that as a whole of the server. So apparently he
Quote:
still don't understand.
I've said it quite a bit now and he has no legitimate remark on that. Its nonsense and useless posts about a opinion that matters much to nothing. Its like taking 2 chapters of a book and making a comment and opinion on it. Not much room to say its not unique, not impressive, or really anything. On the server, especially after I state that what is in this forum is obviously not everything. Seriously? It's a server in development.

Anyways, keeping to the thread now...

The player house system is on the move. I'm amazed on what I can still do after quite a few beers!

Should be about 1/4 done tonight. Finished probably earlier than a week.

We also need bug testers, and I'm going to put in a system to file bug reports for things so we can fix them. I will announce when this is ready to go.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 09-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
To be honest, I somewhat agree with Rufus, and I don't really like the unfinished look of it all. You guys should spend more time on every single detail to put on there, and the graphics could sure use a more refined look. If people can play your server, then they will, even if graphics are not on top of what appeals them. But after all, do you really want to go on and finaly look like any other server to attract the same players?

I'm not one to judge at all, even if I am a developer myself, but there's one thing I know when I create content for my own project, as I expect to attract oldbies but also a whole lot of new players: quality everywhere. This is why it takes so long to create something new, even longer with such small team I and Armageddon do have, but it is also what players usualy expect from us.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
^ All this is now working and active. There is a fee base off 8.25% to round to an integer for each price you set as the max bid. The larger the max bid, the larger the fee to put it up.
Quote:
Nostalgic.
Quote:
I wouldn't go that far.

Lol. Nuff said there already.

Quote:
...and if all you're differentiating in is graphics and style, it is something that you should probably start working on as soon as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
To be honest, I somewhat agree with Rufus, and I don't really like the unfinished look of it all. You guys should spend more time on every single detail to put on there, and the graphics could sure use a more refined look. If people can play your server, then they will, even if graphics are not on top of what appeals them. But after all, do you really want to go on and finaly look like any other server to attract the same players?

I'm not one to judge at all, even if I am a developer myself, but there's one thing I know when I create content for my own project, as I expect to attract oldbies but also a whole lot of new players: quality everywhere. This is why it takes so long to create something new, even longer with such small team I and Armageddon do have, but it is also what players usualy expect from us.
He pretty much says gfx aren't going to change it, then you say gfx are appeal. How is that agreeing?!

Secondly, of coarse it has an unfinished look. The server isn't finished. Things are constantly approving with our 3.5 man team.

Thirdly, we might resemble A server or TWO, but we aren't going on looking like any other server. Thats a vastly broad remark to make. Really? Our GFX tileset and images on the lvs look like UN, Era, Zodiac, Kingdoms, or N-Pulse?! Thats not even a majority, and with the way ours are, barely, slightly resemble 1/3 of the servers ever.

On top of that:

Quote:
I know this is me constantly begging for a NAT, but we still need at least one to help keep a better flow of this server finishing soon.

We also need a dedicated GFX artist. Really, 2 would be better. Anything from icons to flowers to mounts need to be done, so if you are interested, please contact me on forum PM for GFX or NAT.
We only got one, and he's inactive atm. And when you log on it says we actually need 3 now. The staff opening thread has almost never helped us, which is why it's out of date. Even to the arguement of saying we got one, it says we need 2. Again, start at the beginning of this thread if needed (not rude, people seem to be missing what I and other people post in this thread so far).

We have, technically, 1 GFX. Decus. Hes getting pretty decent, actually really good imo, but he started GFX like 3 months ago really, besides some random things. Obviously an experienced GFX artist would solve problems, which is why we are still looking for one.

On the last paragraph Soala. Agreed, completely. It's too hard to find dev, so most of dev server is just what they have and that's about it, period. Thats why I, as a pretty inexperienced scripter, have to force myself to learn stuff, and make, sometimes, pretty sloppy code that still works. We do plan to make stuff better, but we aren't obviously even in hosted yet.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm 100% sure I've never warped you out of OSL since it came back, and 99% sure since I just got off the phone with my little bro Decus, that he's never warped you out either. So I'm sorry that 1 level, OSL, wasen't amazing to wow you about Armageddon. So, you saying this pretty much amounts to 0 as well, as you have little to no posts in here with negative or constructive critisim, and have probably never bothered to even log on. You're just being negative to be negative, as usual (can't completly knock you on that, I drink and do it throughout the graal forums some times lol, but typically you post just to post).
Oh, I never even logged on. The point of this thread is to gauge your server. And it does a bad job. I looked at what was posted, got the whole "wow this doesn't seem special at all!" feel, and then saw your ridiculous posts.

I'm sorry you can't manage to advertise your server very well, and have to dismiss any (well deserved!) negativity as just being negative for the sake of being a jerk. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I honestly believe your server is nothing interesting!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
He pretty much says gfx aren't going to change it, then you say gfx are appeal. How is that agreeing?!
No, I said that if the content you've got only differentiates itself in GRAPHICS then you need to CHANGE YOUR GRAPHICS as they are bad.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
Oh, I never even logged on. The point of this thread is to gauge your server. And it does a bad job. I looked at what was posted, got the whole "wow this doesn't seem special at all!" feel, and then saw your ridiculous posts.

I'm sorry you can't manage to advertise your server very well, and have to dismiss any (well deserved!) negativity as just being negative for the sake of being a jerk. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I honestly believe your server is nothing interesting!
lol. If I really have to, I will go through 200 posts or so of you doing what I stated...

Either way, I don't really care on people critiquing how I post on a thread or advertise. I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter as much as the content of the server when it's released, and others seemed to be at least a bit excited, which, I'm very sorry you aren't after reading this. My bad.

Quote:
No, I said that if the content you've got only differentiates itself in GRAPHICS then you need to CHANGE YOUR GRAPHICS as they are bad.
I've given you those 13 lines and 27 ideas. Care to remark on the non-unique points of each of them? Its at least the 2nd time to ask, and you keep avoiding it. It pretty much disproves that GFX isn't the only thing that this server has to differentiates itself from other servers and that ours isn't like "every other server (specifically UN, right?)". But ... keep going.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:20 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Everything has room for improvement on what you guys made (wow I guess this goes for pretty much everything in life too) but it's still nice to see you guys working hard, and I did see some improvements between when I logged in a few weeks and today. You guys are on the right way if you keep trying harder.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:21 AM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Everything has room for improvement on what you guys made (wow I guess this goes for pretty much everything in life too) but it's still nice to see you guys working hard, and I did see some improvements between when I logged in a few weeks and today. You guys are on the right way if you keep trying harder.
Thanks. We do appreciate you logging on and giving constructive critisim to what you think should be fixed.

Also to say to the general public (lol I guess). Any normal person would stick up for what they've been trying hard on. Thats all me and Decus are doing. Started with one reply to someone saying something he knew, to someone who didnt bother to even view things on the server. I'm getting tired of repeating myself, so anyone say what they want, but I'm pretty much done besides server news/updates again.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:29 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Either way, I don't really care on people critiquing how I post on a thread or advertise. I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter as much as the content of the server when it's released, and others seemed to be at least a bit excited, which, I'm very sorry you aren't after reading this. My bad.
Whatever great content you have lined up is irrelevant until the server is public. Until it's opened up to the world, I have this thread to go by, and nothing you say holds any meaning whatsoever. Everything people say about what you guys have posted is all there is to it, as that's all the server has to represent itself with.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
... Until it's opened up to the world, I have this thread to go by, and nothing you say holds any meaning whatsoever.
Uhg, then you should have nothing to go on in this thread, because if nothing I say holds any meaning whatsoever, then how do you have this thread to go off of being I post almost all updates in this thread?
People just seem to post mindlessly A LOT. Thats why I want to just be done arguing. No real point. That was a dumb statement, that contradicted itself in it's own sentence. Proof of a mindless post. If you don't mean my posts, which is pretty retarded if you don't since I am Admin and post almost all updates for the server that this thread is about, then go ahead and take the other posts since we started back up (you can notice the dates, and notice that they are mostly positive posts besides Rufus' one which he can't back up when talking about the server as a whole since he hasen't seen it period). Everything other post is constructive critisim or a postive post about how good the server is turning out so far. Said I was done once, after tonight, done arguing with Kia and Rufus for real. Sweet Lord...

Anyways, wanted to say that there are only 3-4 "insides" left for the beginning town to be completed, including a bit more detail on the levels and some moving around things. The town will be open when it is finished, and released to the public to walk around in. There will be staff blocks shutting off the rest of the gmap until the entire 1/4 side is complete.

The 1/4 side will include a type of "campaign" quest. Probably, finishing the story for it (not the server) will be 8-9 quests we will be working on. This side will most likely be completed in 2-4 weeks from now, quests, levels, and all.

Our initial images and quests may, actually most likely won't, be the complete, finished product though, as we are still a dev server.

The server is public right now, techically, as we typically warp almost anyone out that wants to be warped out that has logged on. For those who think it isn't, anyone can log on (if you think you can't, then you obviously haven't tried whatsoever), it's not a staff only server (obviously not private, proved further in a few sentences). Simply ask me or Decus to be warped out of OSL, and it will probably (but not assuredly) happen. We have been doing this selectively (but mostly, again, for anyone) so people can see the server in development for themselves and not go off posts alone, since we started working on the server again about 2 months or so ago. Anyone who would have logged on would know this, as the general majority of players who have asked to be warped out of OSL have been, and only not warped out a very small amount (I think 2 players out of like 20 so far).

Gettin pretty tired, so goodnight Graal, for the most part. :P

Last edited by sssssssssss; 09-14-2010 at 04:20 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 11:51 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
To me, it looks pretty cool, of course it's not completely done but I'm fine with it
Old 09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
the post of the screenshot was not to show gfx or levels, it was to show a auction house script and preview of what cyril made. You people need to seriously read the post before judging a unfinished level.

if 1 piece out of 625 pieces is blue, is the whole thing blue?

Thats the game im playing rufus, you have no idea what your talking about because all you've seen is 1 piece out of 625 pieces of a whole. and that piece isnt even finished. The screenshot was to show a AH not levels or gfx.

the gmap is 625 levels total.

To correct you cyril, the OLS will not be opened. We scheduled a preview for September 28th so others can see finished progress to date.
Isaiah 41:10
Old 09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decus_Arillias View Post
You people need to seriously read the post before judging a unfinished level.
Quote:
What has been presented in this thread is the finished results thus far.
Closed Thread