Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
some tiles i made, they're not very good, and they're not the style im going for, at all, so im ditching them, free to be used and edited.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Indigo
Immolate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
some tiles i made, they're not very good, and they're not the style im going for, at all, so im ditching them, free to be used and edited.
Lower the contrast slightly. They stand out a bit too much, in my opinion.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
Yea, they're actually quite nice in the preview - but I imagine a large level of them would be blinding. Refreshingly good work.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:26 PM
not doing alot
Quote:
that's the same advice i was given before about the tiles.

but.
Quote:
im ditching them, free to be used and edited.
so if you want to use them you're going to have to do it yourself.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Indigo
Quote:
that's the same advice i was given before about the tiles.

but.

so if you want to use them you're going to have to do it yourself.
So you'd rather release half-arsed work than the best it can be? Wow, nice one supporting a dying community.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
not doing alot
Quote:
So you'd rather release half-arsed work than the best it can be? Wow, nice one supporting a dying community.
I've got no reason to work on these tiles no more, the least i can do is give them out for anyone else who wants to use them. Otherwise they'd be thrown away.

Seriously, i decide to give something i don't need anymore, and then you go whining about how it's not finished and stuff, ungrateful bastard.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Indigo
Quote:
I've got no reason to work on these tiles no more, the least i can do is give them out for anyone else who wants to use them. Otherwise they'd be thrown away.

Seriously, i decide to give something i don't need anymore, and then you go whining about how it's not finished and stuff, ungrateful bastard.
I just don't see why you'd release unfinished work. Hey, I'm contributing to an open-source software project, might aswell give them completely bugged out code, shouldn't I?

When I contribute something, I like to give my best and I'm saying maybe you should aswell. At the end of the ****ing day pal, you're not really supporting Graal by contributing half-assed work though I could probably say you're under the false illusion that you are contributing.

The question of the story, boys and girls:

Do we give a starving African our unwanted scraps or do we give them a full meal?
Old 12-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:

I guess you're not well acuainted with Photoshop? You could drop them in, adjust the contrast, and save in ~35 seconds.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM
not doing alot
Quote:
I just don't see why you'd release unfinished work. Hey, I'm contributing to an open-source software project, might aswell give them completely bugged out code, shouldn't I?

When I contribute something, I like to give my best and I'm saying maybe you should aswell. At the end of the ****ing day pal, you're not really supporting Graal by contributing half-assed work though I could probably say you're under the false illusion that you are contributing.

The question of the story, boys and girls:

Do we give a starving African our unwanted scraps or do we give them a full meal?
The fact that it is a little over contrasted in some people's opinions, doesn't mean it's unfinished, it means it's unperfectionized. And comparing that with a bugged code is a completely irrelevant comparison.
If you are who i think you are, but i'm not sure about that, then you really shouldn't talk about giving your best.

And the question in the end is:
Should we give the african kids fish, or a rod to catch the fish with.

I've also made some tutorials to help people do it themselves, whereas for you, i haven't seen you contribute anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I guess you're not well acuainted with Photoshop? You could drop them in, adjust the contrast, and save in ~35 seconds.
i am well acuainted with photoshop, and i could also do it with paint pretty quick. But they're not my tiles anymore, that's how i see it atleast. You don't have to use them if you don't want to, you don't have to edit them if you don't want to.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Indigo
Quote:
The fact that it is a little over contrasted in some people's opinions, doesn't mean it's unfinished, it means it's unperfectionized. And comparing that with a bugged code is a completely irrelevant comparison.
If you are who i think you are, but i'm not sure about that, then you really shouldn't talk about giving your best.

And the question in the end is:
Should we give the african kids fish, or a rod to catch the fish with.

I've also made some tutorials to help people do it themselves, whereas for you, i haven't seen you contribute anything.
It's unfinished if you think it can be improved :P

Who do you think I am? Let's have it.

The fact I was trying to point out is, why would you think you're contributing when you're giving half-arsed crap?

I wasn't commenting on your tutorials, which I'm sure are okay. I was commenting on your lazyness and the delusion that you believe you're contributing when giving work that's really not the best it could be, especially when the tweak is a very minor tweak in itself.

Also, I don't have to prove myself really, but I plan to unveil something I wish to contribute soon.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:11 PM
not doing alot
Quote:
It's unfinished if you think it can be improved :P

Who do you think I am? Let's have it.

The fact I was trying to point out is, why would you think you're contributing when you're giving half-arsed crap?

I wasn't commenting on your tutorials, which I'm sure are okay. I was commenting on your lazyness and the delusion that you believe you're contributing when giving work that's really not the best it could be, especially when the tweak is a very minor tweak in itself.
i know i'm lazy, and again, the fact that its not 100 percent to your liking, doesn't mean it's half arsed crap. I'm satisfied with it, i don't need it. Take it or leave it.

And the person who i thought you were, you're probably not, cuz your grammar is 100x better then his.

if you're so picky about it, here:
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Indigo
Quote:
i know i'm lazy, and again, the fact that its not 100 percent to your liking, doesn't mean it's half arsed crap. I'm satisfied with it, i don't need it. Take it or leave it.
Have you tested it in-game? It's slightly distracting, due to the high contrast.

That's all I was saying :P
Old 12-18-2009, 04:17 PM
not doing alot
Quote:
That's all I was saying :P
yes that was all you were saying, then i said i didn't want to work on it anymore, and that if you wanted to use it, you'd have to do that tiny edit by yourself.

And with what you said next you kind of insulted me.

Quote:
if this was a Work in progress thread i wouldn't have minded making a small edit, to improve my work.

But this was a (to me) finished work, that i wanted to share with everyone, and when i refused to make a small edit because, it was finished for me, all i got was critics.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Indigo
Quote:
yes that was all you were saying, then i said i didn't want to work on it anymore, and that if you wanted to use it, you'd have to do that tiny edit by yourself.

And with what you said next you kind of insulted me.

if this was a Work in progress thread i wouldn't have minded making a small edit, to improve my work.

But this was a (to me) finished work, that i wanted to share with everyone, and when i refused to make a small edit because, it was finished for me, all i got was critics.
Well, you're always going to get critics. Especially when you claim a work is finished when it could be better. Why is it any different? Why couldn't you improve you work for the hapless souls who cannot make graphics?

As I said, it's quite delusional to believe you're contributing when you're giving work even you think can be better.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:25 PM
not doing alot
Quote:
Well, you're always going to get critics. Especially when you claim a work is finished when it could be better. Why is it any different? Why couldn't you improve you work for the hapless souls who cannot make graphics?

As I said, it's quite delusional to believe you're contributing when you're giving work even you think can be better.
I guess you're right, reason i couldn't improve my work for the hapless souls; i'm lazy, and i don't care that much. I had something spare that i didn't like and i thought i'd just throw it on here and be done with it,
im such a prick D=.