Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESTRETIS View Post
Thought you said you were going to "stop" brown nosing.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
When I said DC was the public voice, I did not mean that if you complained to him that it would alter the decision of the PWA.

All we are asking is that you give this a chance to work or not work. We are NOT changing our minds because things did not go as many of you hoped for, so please leave DC alone.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Rufus and Deo have everything that is possibly needed to say summed up quite well. I don't know why PWA with such limited playerworld history are appointed to begin with. They may have good administration skills but honestly what is that if you don't know what's actually going on? Classic has been stuck for a long time now, think about it. It's 2009, almost half a decade ago the server was put under the trust of Master Storm. Where has it gone since?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Long story short. Storm gets to prove his Storm2.0 is real, Thor is there if he fails. If he doesn't fail then you have more people to voice your opinions to. You have DC to be your louder voice if he feels it will benefit the server.

My advice to all of you? Be careful what you wish for. You may not like the reality of it in the end.
Storm2.0? Bell it's been 4 years. I have nothing against Storm personally but as a manager I think he's had enough chances. Thor? Thor is Classic's backup? If our wishes causes Classic to be taken down then so be it, I don't know about you guys but apart from the few awesome events this server has UN offers the same and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell
Opinion noted and filed. Thank you for your input
Promise me you'll stick it on the fridge.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
I don't care if people tell me their opinion, thats what they have voices for, is for voicing their opinion.
I don't like how unpopular this is myself, if you guys made this decision and are going to leave the community to riot I can't really be supportive of that.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I just don't understand how this 'resolution' was even suggested. The Playerworld Administration clearly collected minimal research and ignored all player concerns that were made. I mean, I never once saw a PWA on player actually playing the server, nor did I see them associate with the players. That alone would have given them a better picture and understanding, but they've apparently been on RC and reading threads in private forums with the staff that have caused a lot of the problems on the server. Talking about Pokemon Cards or flirting with the 13 year old Shannon is certainly not doing research, and I'm starting to think that the cozying up to staff has blinded the actual reality of the server. Where was the investigations? Where was PWA on accounts that staff didn't know actually assessing what goes on? Where was the actual review here?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
People are so fickle. For years they ask for a change of the manager position, or at least a review. So finally, they got a review. The people thus developed an expectation that their dreams would finally come true: storm would be removed and a new, "more capable" manager would be appointed.

Yet their expectations were not met with this decision. Storm wasn't fired even though classic had been mostly stagnant under his rule. The PWAs, apparently, decided that "storm 2.0" can do his job. However, they half-way met the people's request by appointing a second manager, Thor. Cleverly, they covered their rears by giving classic a fall back option of "storm 2.0" turned out to be as idle as the original version.

But, being fickle, the community is, apparently, not satisfied. They wanted storm's blood, or at least for someone they saw as more capable to take his job. Their half-met request might actually be a good thing, though not necessarily the best option.

Then again, we'll never know if another option would have worked out better. There's no reset button on time. There's no "loading the previous saved game". What there is, however, is the future. Now I don't know how long most of us will keep playing graal. It's pretty obvious though, that graal, as a whole, is going downhill. With bigger, better, and far more advanced MMORPGs or w/e on the market, graal will never draw in enough new players to keep the game going for another decade. So, while we still play this (pretty crappy) game, we need to make it as fun as possible. Can our new manager, Thormo, guide us in that direction? Well there's only one way to find out. And it's not sitting on our asses and *****ing at the PWAs + bell via forums/pms. It's playing the game we've (for whatever reason) played for so long, and by helping in whatever way we can.

So, good people of classic, sit down, shut up, and do what you got to do. If you're going to stop playing graal because of this, then you really have wasted the past couple years of your life. This decision is not a great reason to just stop playing. I'd go into details of reasons why we should have stopped playing graal years ago, but I can bet most of you are educated enough to know what those are.

Thus each of you is left with two options:
1) stop playing graal altogether, or move to another server just b/c your fragile feelings were hurt
OR
2) keep playing the game you've played for years, because change is coming

Now I won't sit here and pretend to know exactly what the future holds or what the future could have been. The time for speculation and theories is over. It is time for action. Storm 2.0 and Thor have been given a chance to improve the server. We need to help them along, even if it isn't exactly what you wanted.

I'm already on noah's arc, safe from the flood of tears from many of you. Sadly there is no female dinosaur present, but oh well. I'm going to do what I can to help the server, until I decide to move on. I can only hope that most of you decide to do the same.

Wow...I really have got to stop rambling in these posts.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Cetellic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
if you guys made this decision and are going to leave the community to riot I can't really be supportive of that.
It's going to be a bit to endure, looks like I need to buff up my scripting skills a bit more so I'll actually be of use.

Like I said before, doesn't really matter to me who the manager is - we gotta keep our eyes on the prize.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
We talked to all of the staff members involved, including Thor, before making this decision.
No, no you didn't.

This is an unimaginative, cop out band-aid solution that only will cause more problems and disconnect between players and Storm as well as big future issues on who is actually bettering Classic.

All I'm going to say.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:26 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Yeah you really didn't talk to me much either, Tig.
In fact I remember you ignoring me quite a bit after the first day of the review.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I could drown in all the tears coming from this thread.

You asked for a review. The PWA made a decision. You're all unhappy with the outcome because the people you've been brown nosing didn't get the job, and Storm didn't get the old heave-ho.

Now that the PWA has made the 'wrong decision', you're bringing up issues that you probably should have addressed before the PWA had completed the review. You're all "butthurt" (to quote Rufus). Just because the PWA decision didn't agree with you, doesn't mean it is wrong. Get over yourselves.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Gladius
I concur with the above post. Oddly enough I seemingly said similar things, but in a more rambling fashion. Or at least I think I did.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
I concur with the above post. Oddly enough I seemingly said similar things, but in a more rambling fashion. Or at least I think I did.
you probably did, I got washed to the last page from all these tears so I may have missed your post.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 AM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Congratulations Rufus, you don't always know everything.

You know what I notice about a lot of your posts? You post this negative stuff but you don't post any reason why and then you expect people to back up your comment with positive things.

I'm starting to think you're incapable of making a good argument using pure facts for anything.

You guys asked for a review, we gave a review. You weren't happy with just a review, so we took more action. Nobody knows how this will work out until we give it a shot, so what do you say you buckle down and give it a shot before you start whining and complaining again. I really don't believe you're in any position to tell us that we've "made it even worse than it was," you don't know that for sure, and neither do we.
hey werent u that noob that made that ol west server that never reached a player amount of +5? and now you know what's best for classic?
im laughing my ass off.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Gladius
No one knows what's best for classic because each player has a different vision of what they'd like. However, it is now up to two people to try to mold classic into something acceptable to the majority with the help of the dev team.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
People are so fickle. For years they ask for a change of the manager position, or at least a review. So finally, they got a review. The people thus developed an expectation that their dreams would finally come true: storm would be removed and a new, "more capable" manager would be appointed.

Yet their expectations were not met with this decision. Storm wasn't fired even though classic had been mostly stagnant under his rule. The PWAs, apparently, decided that "storm 2.0" can do his job. However, they half-way met the people's request by appointing a second manager, Thor. Cleverly, they covered their rears by giving classic a fall back option of "storm 2.0" turned out to be as idle as the original version.

But, being fickle, the community is, apparently, not satisfied. They wanted storm's blood, or at least for someone they saw as more capable to take his job. Their half-met request might actually be a good thing, though not necessarily the best option.

Then again, we'll never know if another option would have worked out better. There's no reset button on time. There's no "loading the previous saved game". What there is, however, is the future. Now I don't know how long most of us will keep playing graal. It's pretty obvious though, that graal, as a whole, is going downhill. With bigger, better, and far more advanced MMORPGs or w/e on the market, graal will never draw in enough new players to keep the game going for another decade. So, while we still play this (pretty crappy) game, we need to make it as fun as possible. Can our new manager, Thormo, guide us in that direction? Well there's only one way to find out. And it's not sitting on our asses and *****ing at the PWAs + bell via forums/pms. It's playing the game we've (for whatever reason) played for so long, and by helping in whatever way we can.

So, good people of classic, sit down, shut up, and do what you got to do. If you're going to stop playing graal because of this, then you really have wasted the past couple years of your life. This decision is not a great reason to just stop playing. I'd go into details of reasons why we should have stopped playing graal years ago, but I can bet most of you are educated enough to know what those are.

Thus each of you is left with two options:
1) stop playing graal altogether, or move to another server just b/c your fragile feelings were hurt
OR
2) keep playing the game you've played for years, because change is coming

Now I won't sit here and pretend to know exactly what the future holds or what the future could have been. The time for speculation and theories is over. It is time for action. Storm 2.0 and Thor have been given a chance to improve the server. We need to help them along, even if it isn't exactly what you wanted.

I'm already on noah's arc, safe from the flood of tears from many of you. Sadly there is no female dinosaur present, but oh well. I'm going to do what I can to help the server, until I decide to move on. I can only hope that most of you decide to do the same.

Wow...I really have got to stop rambling in these posts.

"Instead of peeing on the side of the wall, you get to use this bucket now. Why aren't you ever satisfied?"
Closed Thread