Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
News/Update:

Our Auction House is now complete (besides minor testing for bugs) !

You can access it in the town Lystra (the starting town) right now, at any Auction House hut, which are just north of OSL (Online Start Local).

The auctions work almost exactly like ebay. You can put up an item for auction, set the minimum price at which it has to reach, and even set a buy now price for those who want to buy it right away instead. The items will stay up for 7 days, and when the days end, it will put up the item for collection to the highest bidder.

When the winner of the auction collects the item, the auctioneer will then lose the item and recieve pay, and the auction winner will lose rupees for the bid and recieve the item. This is made this way so no one loses anything, even when the auction is over, until the auction winner collects. If the auction winner never does collect the auction will expire and the auctioneer can put the item back up for auction.

You can also view your current winning bids and items on sale.

There are still a few things we will be adding in the future, such as taking an item off auction, the acutal collection expiration, putting a cost to put something up on auction (depending on if we work guilds into kingdoms, or just kingdoms themselves, there may also be a variable tax rate), making the buyout price actually work (just realized I forgot to do it lol), and maybe a few tweaks here and there.

Edit: Added some screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-auction4.png
Views:	177
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	51688   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-auction3.png
Views:	171
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	51689   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-auction2.png
Views:	188
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	51690   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-auction1.png
Views:	154
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	51691  
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Last edited by sssssssssss; 09-12-2010 at 11:37 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Looks promising.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
holy mother of perspective
Old 09-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Precise is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Precise Send a message via MSN to Precise
Great god job, guys!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
News/Update:
There are still a few things we will be adding in the future, such as taking an item off auction, the acutal collection expiration, putting a cost to put something up on auction (depending on if we work guilds into kingdoms, or just kingdoms themselves, there may also be a variable tax rate), making the buyout price actually work (just realized I forgot to do it lol), and maybe a few tweaks here and there.

^ All this is now working and active. There is a fee base off 8.25% to round to an integer for each price you set as the max bid. The larger the max bid, the larger the fee to put it up.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Nostalgic.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
should change the 6.92871626352514234161 days to something like 6d 23h 49m
Old 09-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
should change the 6.92871626352514234161 days to something like 6d 23h 49m
For space I didnt bother. It would look better though.

Edit: Went ahead and did it. Now shows days/hrs/mins correctly that are left for the item to be up on auction.

Last edited by sssssssssss; 09-13-2010 at 09:46 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Precise is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Precise Send a message via MSN to Precise
You guys are making some great progress recently, seriously; at the same time, the work is top-notch. This will definitely be a server to change the quality standard for future player worlds a-like.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precise View Post
You guys are making some great progress recently, seriously; at the same time, the work is top-notch. This will definitely be a server to change the quality standard for future player worlds a-like.
I wouldn't go that far.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I wouldn't go that far.
I don't mean this rude or sarcastic at all, just as a plain, blunt statement:

Precise has been on and off our server throughout the entire year or so we've been doing this. I have yet to see or warp you outside the OSL which is locked Rufus. Visuals, and other things that are on and in the works I haven't posted on here make it much farther than what this thread says. Im not being puffed up and saying myself that me and Decus are changing graal forever, but we definitely are turning the tables on a lot of things, and you really should log on once a preview comes on to talk about the server in its entirity. Even more, being, again, that you haven't actually been on the server outside of OSL, it just looks more like pride yourself since you ran a server, and, at least to me, is you saying nothing could be better, especially this. Again, not saying that is what you are doing, but you, again, have yet to log on since it came back and see this, because me or decus haven't warped you out of OSL, so theres not much you can actually say when someone else who has been on and seen everything says something about the server in a whole.

Again, just a statement, just grinds my gears when people talk about something that don't really know about...

We should have a player house system implemented by the end of the week. You will be able to own a house and buy and move furniture around inside it, lock doors, allow people to have keys and take change your lock if needed, as well as rent out houses or sell them.

Once the house system is done, we will be implementing a shop system much like it, where you can buy an actual store and sell stuff. Restaurants will work the same way too. These systems will create unique jobs ran by the server(ish) instead of random player-made stuff. Not that we won't allow player-made restaurants or anything, just giving that option straight up so it can always be around, whether the player manager is or isn't, as well as restaurant staff, ect.

After this, there will be at least 1 guild fortress for guilds to participate in and try to take it over.

Quests will also be being made throughout all this being done.

We're trying to decide if we want to do another month preview, or just shoot for hosted and avoid that. Either way, our set date, at the latest, is Dec 12, 2010 for hosted. I imagine if we keep up the way we're going, it will be much sooner than that.

Last edited by sssssssssss; 09-14-2010 at 12:25 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 12:40 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Cool, Armageddon and then christmas 13 days later. Awesome
Old 09-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
we definitely are turning the tables
Quote:
..describes Unholy Nation
I can only comment on what I have seen posted in this thread, and what you've presented is far from pushing the boat on Graal. That's me being blunt, and if this is in the same tone as the rest of the server, no, you're not setting a standard. This kind of content is like something you would have expected to see in 2002, and anyone who has an eye for standards most likely knows this. What you just described is pretty much already implemented elsewhere, and if all you're differentiating in is graphics and style, it is something that you should probably start working on as soon as possible.

This has nothing to do with me having had a server in the past (don't know where you got that from, seems random) it has to do with me telling you my opinion. The server you have been posting screenshots of looks like a total mess.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I can only comment on what I have seen posted in this thread, and what you've presented is far from pushing the boat on Graal. That's me being blunt, and if this is in the same tone as the rest of the server, no, you're not setting a standard. This kind of content is like something you would have expected to see in 2002, and anyone who has an eye for standards most likely knows this. What you just described is pretty much already implemented elsewhere, and if all you're differentiating in is graphics and style, it is something that you should probably start working on as soon as possible.

This has nothing to do with me having had a server in the past (don't know where you got that from, seems random) it has to do with me telling you my opinion. The server you have been posting screenshots of looks like a total mess.
I've never played any server that has an auction house (maybe kingdoms?), nor the jail system we will have, nor guild involvement in kingdoms whatsoever except a kingdom tag, nor jobs where you can be a blacksmith, tailor, ect (except kingdoms), nor a player house system with moveable furniture and stuff, nor a personal shop system for each individual player that you can access by clicking on them, nor an island for guilds to go at it all the time, nor a script to allow up to 5 wars at once, simultaneously, and started by guild leaders, nor a prospect to put guild cp in-game, nor (except kingdoms maybe) players owning ships, boats, ect and being able to have fights with spells and ranged weapons off the deck, including cannons, boarding other ships, then taking them over and assigning a captain from your own guild/crew, or sinking it, nor pirating, nor mounts that you take care of as pets, nor instruments that have effects on players, and some that even call warps/transportation, nor mounts which include chariots, wagons, and multiple players can ride in (not cars, talking medieval stuff), nor ships that travel from continent to continent and actually move real-time where players walk around on it while waiting (kingdoms again maybe at the most?), nor horizons with a sun and moon that move accordingly to the time, nor weather that is fixed to certain parts of the gmap only to give the effect the continent should have for its weather, nor item creation (zodiac, kingdoms possibly?) that is more indepth than random occurances, nor cigarettes lol, yeah, cigarettes, nor guild houses that can be taken over by any guild at any time, nor guild quests specifically for guilds, nor guild events specifically for guilds, nor events which are more unique than the norm (but apparently according to you they are not) like jousting, archery skills, ect, nor families integrated into the server to fit like local guilds, but can involve family disputes, reputation, ect, nor karaoke on a server by real player (no one better steal this) in a bar...

...I could keep going on. Thats why I said that you can't really respond to someone talking about the server as a whole, who has seen it, when you have not.

Plus, really grinds my gears when people replace quotes with something they talk about ( I'm 99% sure there isn't one restaurant on UN that is kept up by UN, and Im also pretty sure you cannot buy a house and set up shop inside it, so why did you use that post to quote that I "describes Unholy Nation"?).

But I guess you can do all this and more on UN, Era, Zodiac, and any other server huh? You're right. None of this is unique whatsoever. Thats why you quoted that I said everything UN has. Idiot (meant in a sensible way since that was an idiotic move, again, talking about what you don't know).

Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
rufus is simply jealous that he could not think of such innovative ideas as an auction house that graal's had for atleast 9 years