Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
You know what I notice about a lot of your posts? You post this negative stuff but you don't post any reason why and then you expect people to back up your comment with positive things.

I'm starting to think you're incapable of making a good argument using pure facts for anything.

Right, I'm not the only person who has posted a similar view yet I'm the one looking for "positive things" from my comments? My comment is pretty straight forward, this decision is a joke, and as you don't even play Classic I would have thought you'd at least do some research or actually play the server like the rest of us do. You want facts? Okay.
  • Master Storm has been Manager of Classic for four whole years and has been a constant factor in what it has become today.
  • In those four years that Master Storm has been Managing, he has posted the same reasoning for not doing his job in the year previous to that, every single year.
  • Master Storm gives people a run around with words on inquiring, rather than just getting to the point or actually reaching a resolve.
  • Thor has been developing this server for a while now, and he is also a factor in what it has become today, and also what it is not.
  • Thor currently has a large amount of staff that are not assigned, have asked for assignments but have received none, and some that have been assigned filler content with no actual purpose.
  • Thor is consistently rude and corrupt to people he doesn't like.
  • Graal servers that offer little constant gameplay depend upon communities to grow.
  • Over the four years that Classic has been under development, the community has heavily degenerated, and without hope and positive change, the community isn't going to improve.
  • There is minimal effort being placed into the server development. Once something is called out on having minimal effort placed into it, the development staff always respond with how they "know" it didn't work.
  • The Playerworld Administrators have been misinformed.

Now for some opinions. Classic has no culture, the development is targeted at a small minority of players and it has no culture, cohesion, or appropriate MMORPG pacing. Classic needs time, effort, and coordination in order to develop their content. Being out of touch with both current and potential players is really going to get us nowhere. The gameplay offered on Classic never really pioneered the right formula and even though it can, the development team are currently, have always been, and will continue to develop the older content to the same standard and it isn't right. At the same time, it is counter productive to develop a server with a ruined community and the two people who have got Classic to where it is currently are now both Managers? Absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:
Nobody knows how this will work out until we give it a shot, so what do you say you buckle down and give it a shot before you start whining and complaining again. I really don't believe you're in any position to tell us that we've "made it even worse than it was," you don't know that for sure, and neither do we.
That is so weak. We have had this administration for years now and we know how these people work. You don't play this server, so you clearly do not understand just how ridiculous this decision is. It's desperation really, and I think the reaction from the Classic players speaks for itself. I had a little faith in me that this server was going to get better, but I can't say the same thing now so congratulations again.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
lol @ 2 managers. rufus i didnt read your long post but im afraid to log on now.
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
so im i , ill hide on age of empire
Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
perfection
Oni has a spectacular aura about
Classic is ***
Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
last time there were 2 managers nothing happened and then ibonic quit LOL ****off stupid ****s
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
  • In those four years that Master Storm has been Managing, he has posted the same reasoning for not doing his job in the year previous to that, every single year.
What reason did he post?
Quote:
  • Master Storm gives people a run around with words on inquiring, rather than just getting to the point or actually reaching a resolve.
  • Thor has been developing this server for a while now, and he is also a factor in what it has become today, and also what it is not.
These sounds like opinions.

Quote:
  • Thor currently has a large amount of staff that are not assigned, have asked for assignments but have received none, and some that have been assigned filler content with no actual purpose.
Like whom?
Quote:
  • Thor is consistently rude and corrupt to people he doesn't like.
  • Graal servers that offer little constant gameplay depend upon communities to grow.
These sound like opinions, even though I do agree with the second one.

Quote:
  • Over the four years that Classic has been under development, the community has heavily degenerated, and without hope and positive change, the community isn't going to improve.
  • There is minimal effort being placed into the server development. Once something is called out on having minimal effort placed into it, the development staff always respond with how they "know" it didn't work.
  • The Playerworld Administrators have been misinformed.
Opinion, opinion, opinion.

I understand why you're upset with our decision, and you have good points in your opinions, but you really haven't presented any facts. I'm sure people could disagree with you with the same basis, even if most people won't disagree.

Why don't we see where this thing goes with Thor, if it doesn't go very far, we can review the server again in a few months and take it from there.

I, as well as the other playerworld administrators, will be keeping an eye on Classic now for a while to check up on things and make sure everything is going smoothly.

This may be the end of our decision for now, but it's not the end of Classic.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
It’s simple really. Bell is to friendly with Classic’s Management and is incapable of making an impartial decision regarding it, that much is obvious. No offense to Bell, she does a good job with anything else. So, she hands it over to Tig and TSA, two guys who don’t know a thing about Classic or what is best for it. The end result is what we have now. Honestly, there is no use in complaining. They have made their decision and no one short of Stefan is going to change it. Everyone who does not agree with this decision (The vast majority) are just going to have to wait it out. When the server is ran into the ground again and the player count does not grow, all three PWA will then be forced to take responsibility for their decision.

But anyways, all my frustration is coming to fruition and I am just being a negative Nancy. I am friends with Master Storm and maybe he can prove me and everyone wrong this time. If he doesn’t then he probably shouldn’t show his face around Classic anymore.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 03-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
It’s simple really. Bell is to friendly with Classic’s Management and is incapable of making an impartial decision regarding it, that much is obvious. No offense to Bell, she does a good job with anything else. So, she hands it over to Tig and TSA, two guys who don’t know a thing about Classic or what is best for it. The end result is what we have now. Honestly, there is no use in complaining. They have made their decision and no one short of Stefan is going to change it. Everyone who does not agree with this decision (The vast majority) are just going to have to wait it out. When the server is ran into the ground again and the player count does not grow, all three PWA will then be forced to take responsibility for their decision.

But anyways, all my frustration is coming to fruition and I am just being a negative Nancy. I am friends with Master Storm and maybe he can prove me and everyone wrong this time. If he doesn’t then he probably shouldn’t show his face around Classic anymore.
I think Deo just summed up everything pretty well..
Old 03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
You have basically just stated that I am arguing just arguing for the sake of being negative, while you reply with something like this? Anyone can argue like you are, but you're more guilty than I am for what you accused me for. I am showing concern for my home server, for the server I play on every day, and for the server that has had a history of being let down. You're arguing for what? Because you're butthurt about what I said? It is becoming inescapably clear that there was no research into the real deal before making the decision you have, and it's obvious you're not going to change it either, so what is the point? I'm still going to state my opinion though, because I know it is how a lot of us Classic players feel, and those that don't will more than likely post otherwise.

Quote:
What reason did he post?
This should have been looked into before anything else. There are a ton of examples:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...63#post1471263
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...91#post1414591
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...56#post1351356
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...58#post1344758
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...08#post1149308
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...20#post1133920
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...50#post1131550
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...11#post1128911

Quote:
These sounds like opinions.
@ Storm - He's done this for four years to a lot of different people.
@ Thor - I don't see how this is debatable as an opinion while Master Storm's contribution isn't. In fact, I don't see how it is debatable as an opinion at all.

Quote:
Like whom?
I'm not naming names, but there's 4 of them.

Quote:
These sound like opinions, even though I do agree with the second one.
Thor added a death to Door recently without consulting any other staff because 10 days before hand he saw her mass "Aah Angel Clan is a DEATH TRAP" because it was a pk zone. Door is a player who is well known for not PKing and trying to keep her perfect clear deaths to 0. Thor and Door do not get on.

Door had received a death in an event 4 days before he added the death to her, and it had been removed by staff because it was unfair. 10 days later, 4 days after she had the death removed, he suddenly decides to add a death to her and tries to argue it was his business. It wasn't his business, and there are many other examples that I could pull up of him doing this. Hell, check his ban history.

Quote:
Opinion, opinion, opinion.
@ Effort - Perhaps you should have inquired as to if there are other forums that Classic players discuss the server on, because there is. The Game Coordinator team has a proboards forum, and if you had visited it you would see some prime examples of what I am talking about. There is no opinion in what I said, except for the last one which I'm starting to get very convinced of.

Also, what happened to my other facts?

Quote:
I understand why you're upset with our decision, and you have good points in your opinions, but you really haven't presented any facts. I'm sure people could disagree with you with the same basis, even if most people won't disagree.

Why don't we see where this thing goes with Thor, if it doesn't go very far, we can review the server again in a few months and take it from there.

I, as well as the other playerworld administrators, will be keeping an eye on Classic now for a while to check up on things and make sure everything is going smoothly.

This may be the end of our decision for now, but it's not the end of Classic
This is an appalling excuse to not have to deal with the real issue now and just delaying the inevitable, trying to get the population to quiet down. You don't plan on making another decision, but you made a terrible one now that ignored the players and is going to cause more problems than it's worth. Why would you be planning to put even more effort into it, when you clearly didn't even put effort into it this time? It doesn't make sense.

On top of that we have the harsh reality what Classic and Graal itself really is. Graal is a decaying product which is getting older as more and more games come out, while the quality of Classic is the same as it was in 2000. What makes you think that we have much time to waste on the possible outcome to a bad decision? Sure, Classic is a niche server that caters for the adventuring Zelda fans and we have no shortages there, but the longer this takes the less chance of a true revival is going to have. What will happen then? The current players aren't going to stick around forever, and the current Graal players clearly cannot be pulled over from other servers.

Releasing old content to a horrible standard makes a true revival of the server become near impossible because the hype is just killed. The more bad decisions that are made, the less likely Classic is going to survive and it is clear that neither the PWA nor the current Classic administration understand it's true potential. You're going to accept these horrible quality quests, horrible quality releases, because they're content, but it's simply not enough. You're letting both the players and the server down, and for what? Classic does not have the time for this.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
i don't agree with the PWA decision but it's progress. nobody said the progress would be fast so lets just take it as we get it. i believe thor will do some good on the server, maybe not the best but like i said, it's progress. i don't think we should let this get us, as a community, down.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
i don't agree with the PWA decision but it's progress. nobody said the progress would be fast so lets just take it as we get it. i believe thor will do some good on the server, maybe not the best but like i said, it's progress. i don't think we should let this get us, as a community, down.
How do you automatically associate change with progress?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Pink Chicken
acaremon02 will become famous soon enough
Matt (Manager)
Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Judging from player response I don't think this is quite the change people were counting on.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
well i'm sure this is going to solve everything
Old 03-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaremon02 View Post
Matt (Manager)
Thought you said you were going to "stop" brown nosing.
Closed Thread