Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Atrius had a sprint key that was like GTA, you used it while moving till the meter ran out then you had to wait until the meter filled back up

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatoses View Post
Whats the purpose of me catching them if not to kill them? That reply was as idiotic as your sprinting proposal.
Don't make me laugh, you saw me as a pkerewhen speed didn't exist or I hadn't obtained it yet. I still was the deadliest on the field and will remain it through and after. I obtained speed above 3 when I obtained Bounty Hunter for obvious reasons. Seeing as I was more often chasing opponents than fighting them.

I leave a level after I've killed multiple opponents. Don't even try to touch on my skill as a pker, lol. I clean out entire levels.

Most speed I ever had was 6, which I obtained this year. 5 (Which will mostlikely be everyone's speed was what I mostly had.
Occassionally you might get lucky and hit someone with a bullet when they're running, but if everyone has the same speed, the odds of actually catching someone are even less. We're getting off-topic (well, kind of...sorry andy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Actually, thanks Wil, you gave me an idea. A sprint key could actually prevent running if you had less sprint when you have lower HP.
You're ignoring this, which completely voids your entire argument that a sprint key would lead to running. It could actually help you catch runners, and maybe even make people think twice about running in the first place.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Occassionally you might get lucky and hit someone with a bullet when they're running, but if everyone has the same speed, the odds of actually catching someone are even less. We're getting off-topic (well, kind of...sorry andy!)

You're ignoring this, which completely voids your entire argument that a sprint key would lead to running. It could actually help you catch runners, and maybe even make people think twice about running in the first place.
I didn't ignore it, I just didn't see it. It wouldn't make anyone think twice about running nor make it easier to catch anyone, it'd make people run earlier, and run faster. It doesn't take me to get below 80 hp to realize that I can't kill everyone in a level. As well as a speed boost would be disgusting in a raid. A bunch of people randomly flying to dodge bullets and etc. I've seen it put in place, on Atrius, it was messy. Your idea is not a far-cry from that mess. If I used that in my argument, obviously I had given a thought and knew the flaws in it.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:37 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
If you have skill, then chances are you can kill someone who is fleeing. Unskilled players tend to try to dodge bullets while they're running, which ultimately makes them get hit more.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
I didn't ignore it, I just didn't see it. It wouldn't make anyone think twice about running nor make it easier to catch anyone, it'd make people run earlier, and run faster. It doesn't take me to get below 80 hp to realize that I can't kill everyone in a level. As well as a speed boost would be disgusting in a raid. A bunch of people randomly flying to dodge bullets and etc.
Which brings me back to my original point: players will run. It's instinct. Whether they do it sooner or later, it doesn't really matter. You're just swinging blindly because you've got nothing to hit. Arguing for the sake of argument. You don't like the idea, okay, you've made that clear...but if you're going to argue with me, be helpful, tell me why it won't work.

Also, the boost would be subtle, but enough to make a difference. As I said earlier, it wouldn't be like turning on staff boots. It would be like going from level 3 to level 6, or drinking a cap.

Quote:
I've seen it put in place, on Atrius, it was messy. Your idea is not a far-cry from that mess. If I used that in my argument, obviously I had given a thought and knew the flaws in it.
Era is not Atrius. lol see what i did there

With a sprint system, at least people have a chance to catch runners. Without, everyone is always running at the same speed and runners more than likely will get away.

Disclaimer: It's not like this is being implemented or anything, I'm just sharing an idea...don't worry.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:06 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
people can catch runners but both people will have the sprint so it will basically cancel out. there's no point.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
people can catch runners but both people will have the sprint so it will basically cancel out. there's no point.
If you have lower HP and are trying to run away, your sprint wouldn't last as long, and the other person would catch up to you.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Which brings me back to my original point: players will run. It's instinct. Whether they do it sooner or later, it doesn't really matter. You're just swinging blindly because you've got nothing to hit. Arguing for the sake of argument. You don't like the idea, okay, you've made that clear...but if you're going to argue with me, be helpful, tell me why it won't work.

Also, the boost would be subtle, but enough to make a difference. As I said earlier, it wouldn't be like turning on staff boots. It would be like going from level 3 to level 6, or drinking a cap.

Era is not Atrius. lol see what i did there

With a sprint system, at least people have a chance to catch runners. Without, everyone is always running at the same speed and runners more than likely will get away.

Disclaimer: It's not like this is being implemented or anything, I'm just sharing an idea...don't worry.
I'm positive, I've hit you with atleast 5 good arguments, one of which led you to frustration, era was equal speed originally, ran perfectly. Like Chris Vimes said, SKILLED players catch their runners, since you were never SKILLED, this idiotic proposal is excused. Since its not being implimented, I'll close with that.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
I'm positive, I've hit you with atleast 5 good arguments, one of which led you to frustration, era was equal speed originally, ran perfectly. Like Chris Vimes said, SKILLED players catch their runners, since you were never SKILLED, this idiotic proposal is excused. Since its not being implimented, I'll close with that.
The only thing you've done atleast 5 times is try to point out how good of a pker you are and that everyone else sucks.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
A "sprint" key is a completely horrible idea.
My whole attraction to Era is that it's completely different from any other "shooter". Era is has more prediction, timing, and dodging than any other game I've ever played. And that's because it's completely unique, considering bullet speed, character mass, point of view, and the most important one: only 4 directional shooting.

Adding a sprint key is just pointless. In my opinion, era's system of pking is absolutely perfect. Why mess with something that's already good? It's like how Gears of War 1 is better than 2 because 2 tried too hard. I think taking away speed levels was a great start, but now you have me worried Sales, especially hearing this idea from someone of your caliber.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:08 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
If you have lower HP and are trying to run away, your sprint wouldn't last as long, and the other person would catch up to you.
the second people realize they're going to lose a fight they book it. this can be at 80 - 100 HP.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie9011 View Post
A "sprint" key is a completely horrible idea.
My whole attraction to Era is that it's completely different from any other "shooter". Era is has more prediction, timing, and dodging than any other game I've ever played. And that's because it's completely unique, considering bullet speed, character mass, point of view, and the most important one: only 4 directional shooting.

Adding a sprint key is just pointless. In my opinion, era's system of pking is absolutely perfect. Why mess with something that's already good? It's like how Gears of War 1 is better than 2 because 2 tried too hard. I think taking away speed levels was a great start, but now you have me worried Sales, especially hearing this idea from someone of your caliber.
I like having more things going on, more to do, more options. I guess I'm just bored with it...which is why I don't pk hardly at all anymore.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I want to add a 'sprint key' but others don't think it's a good idea

I think it would be a great addition to running...
Fixed that for you.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
I agree that there shouldn't be a Spring-Key, tough personally i would love it because i run alot from Main to SR and that would go faster lol..

But i don't think it would be great, Just remove the speed or keep it..
Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
There's actually a sprint key, just take your skateboard and run with it.