Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2005, 06:55 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet
If someone creates something on a playerworld which they have rights to (they created it...they have rights to it), and they later remove it for whatever reason, and then later on quit, then they have full rights to do so. Quitting really is not a factor at all.
It is all backed up, if someone does remove something the manager of the server can ask for it to be restored by Stefan/unixmad. You are not allowed to remove content from a server just because you leave it.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:58 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
It is all backed up, if someone does remove something the manager of the server can ask for it to be restored by Stefan/unixmad. You are not allowed to remove content from a server just because you leave it.

Either way it's no major problem unless it's as big as deleting the server.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:07 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Don't use copyrighted material. That is the law. Actual law. As for anything else, who cares?

Abusive staff weapons? So what.
Jailing without reason? Blah.

It is their playerworld that they paid for and no one is forced to visit it. Do with it as they please.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
If there isn't a written rule set it would be possible for a PWA member to specify something as a rule that the others might not agree on.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel
Abusive staff weapons? So what.
2 Era staff were globally banned for abusing staff weapons, and some other person has for making an intentionally abusive weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel
Jailing without reason? Blah.
It's to aid communication, it'll just be unbanned without one.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:55 PM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
2 Era staff were globally banned for abusing staff weapons, and some other person has for making an intentionally abusive weapon.

It's to aid communication, it'll just be unbanned without one.
I would be fine with the abusive weapon/npcs thing as long as this is only enforced for public servers.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:20 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
Thats stupid, leave the local problems to local staff. If the staff can't handle it, then you get the globals. Abusing staff weapons shouldn't be a global ban. It makes graal fun.

Last edited by Crono; 06-19-2005 at 03:01 PM..
Old 06-19-2005, 02:21 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
They were globalled because no one was able to prevent them from doing it. Jenn was away for 3 months.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx
They were globalled because no one was able to prevent them from doing it. Jenn was away for 3 months.
Yeah, and they abused to an extent that players were un-able to move around the server to to masses of staff blocks.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:01 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
So why not ban them from just the server they effected?
Old 06-19-2005, 03:07 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
So why not ban them from just the server they effected?
What will stop them doing it on another server?
Old 06-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Stuff
I am asking the globals, not you...you dont know anything about it..I would like a clear answer from pwa or Stefan

And I am not talking about people who delete something and then quit weeks later, I am talking about people who delete content, then quit right after.
Especially when the Manager did not give permission for said content to be removed because it was being used.

If there is no rule, and a person can simply remove content just because they still work there, then quit...What is the point in Giving Developement staff rights to do the job if we have to worry about them getting upset and removing their stuff before quitting, and leaving the server in a mess, because it is perfectly legal?

I was always told that if staff make something for a PW, it cannot be removed or used elsewhere without the Managers/owners consent.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
And I am not talking about people who delete something and then quit weeks later, I am talking about people who delete content, then quit right after.
Especially when the Manager did not give permission for said content to be removed because it was being used.

If there is no rule, and a person can simply remove content just because they still work there, then quit...What is the point in Giving Developement staff rights to do the job if we have to worry about them getting upset and removing their stuff before quitting, and leaving the server in a mess, because it is perfectly legal?

I was always told that if staff make something for a PW, it cannot be removed or used elsewhere without the Managers/owners consent.

You can't remove something from a server when the only reason is that you're quitting. If you have reason to remove something that you created, then you can remove it.

But I see where this thread is going. Last I checked, the PWA rules did not state anything on deletion of anything on a level as an offense. It's quite obvious you get in trouble for deleting a server, but the globals don't step in on little things. Every manager should have back-ups of everything. If not, then do as Rick said, and ask Stefan or Unixmad for backups.

But most of it is a playerworlds responsibility. It seems now-a-days PWA are enforcing rules that don't exist, because they are not all in the PWA rules thread.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
You can't remove something from a server when the only reason is that you're quitting. If you have reason to remove something that you created, then you can remove it.

But I see where this thread is going. Last I checked, the PWA rules did not state anything on deletion of anything on a level as an offense. It's quite obvious you get in trouble for deleting a server, but the globals don't step in on little things. Every manager should have back-ups of everything. If not, then do as Rick said, and ask Stefan or Unixmad for backups.

But most of it is a playerworlds responsibility. It seems now-a-days PWA are enforcing rules that don't exist, because they are not all in the PWA rules thread.
It is my understanding, that deleting content without the Manager's permission has always been against global rules...and again, I am asking for PWA/stefan confirmation
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
It is my understanding, that deleting content without the Manager's permission has always been against global rules...and again, I am asking for PWA/stefan confirmation

Once again, if that were true then everyone would be global banned. Why? Because when you upload something to a server, it becomes property of Graal Online, right? Well, if you really thought what you just said, then everyone would be global banned, not only for deleting content without the managers permission, but for deleting content that was not theirs.