Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2002, 08:28 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

Um actually it's the other way around. I'm heading 2k2, Ibonic is heading 2k1.
Okay, then just switch the names around. It's not much difference.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:26 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by emortylone
I think letting the players decide may not be FULLY a bad idea... it will be THE PLAYERS who will benefit or be hurt the most. Perhaps it will take once of the players screwing up who they pick to make them realize it isn't just a game...
---Shifter
The players are ONLY choosing ONE council member , ONE will be choosen by the PW Managers and TWO will be choosen bu Unixmad and or Stefan or "other partys" This is what Unixmad posted , so the players can only choose 1/4th of the Council and I don't believe they will upset the balance of the Council by that or ruin it in any way .

Quote:
Classic Server and Player Worlds

Nemesis will continue to be the Official Game master but will have to refer to a council, this council will be in charge of taking important decisions:

The council will be made of 5 members:

- 1 Members will be chosen by players (with a voting system)
- 1 Members will be chosen by Player World Managers
- 2 Members chosen by Stefan and Me (can be us or other peoples)
- In case of 50%/50% the Classic Game Master will be able to give is point of view

The council will take important decisions:

- All 2 months the council will give is point of view on the Classic Game Master work, if a majority is not happy about the actual Game Master a new one will be chosen, this new Game Master will have to sign a little contract with us.
- The council which decide wish player World need to be opened / closed
- The council will decide if a player need to be banned/unbanned of Graal Classic.
- The council will define Game Master tasks, the Game Master will report to the council.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 09-20-2002, 06:11 AM
Banned
Glory is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Glory
Re: Hiring of Staff members and Council...issues

Quote:
Originally posted by Chronos
From my understanding, Ibonic and Konidias' or however you spell it's jurisdiction is now on Gold servers only. I applaud you. A lot.

But, the Council is beginning to worry me. Stefan, or Unixmad, are you even aware of who is staff and who isnt' on Classic?

(By Unixmad)

Was this a typo or is it just for Classic? If so, why is one fifth of the council being chosen by Stefan and Unixmad, who I haven't seen working, or playing Classic for ages other than server maintenance (Which lasts for half a minute), and 2/5ths by the players, who will create it as a popularity vote and hire potentially dangerous people?

Online games' governments, including basic games and the most advanced MMORPG's, don't rely on player votes for changes because the vast majority of the players are not of even legal age.

The reasoning behind this is as follows: Popularity over maturity and responsibility. Players will choose who they think is "uber 1337 y0" over those who will do something beneficial. Not specifically all of them, but if you spend time on Classic you will understand. Secondly, Many players do not take the game seriously and if you allow any basic-server-upgraded account to vote, players will treat it more of a joke than some thing seriously. This is why children do not vote in democratic societies and why all those student governments, in the US, or elsewhere, happen to be filled by officers that everyone likes.

In short...players will not, unless by a miracle of god, choose those mature and responsible. Mature and responsible players, as I have found, are either quiet or opinionated. The Graal playerbase, if not just in Classic, then the rest of the servers, prefer mass messaging twelve year olds. Seriously.

Not a flame, please don't treat it as one...this is just coming from someone who's worked for Graal too long (Four years.) to be ordered around by a council that over half have been jailed or banned before because bad decisions were made.
I think he me meant from the Classic tab he will pick people....because if they're all from Classic Graal (server) it will be unfair to other servers because they will all band together and tell them to take it down like the little asses on classic are >=[
Old 09-20-2002, 06:13 AM
albus777 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to albus777
Re: Re: Hiring of Staff members and Council...issues

Quote:
Originally posted by Glory

I think he me meant from the Classic tab he will pick people....because if they're all from Classic Graal (server) it will be unfair to other servers because they will all band together and tell them to take it down like the little asses on classic are >=[
Ahaha that was funny. I don't think any servers goal is to take down all the other servers. If that is the case, the people that play there need some serious help.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chronos
and, I may play on classic, but I think others will agree that "taking down" the servers that have a maximum of 5 players daily DO need to be taken down. Sadly, that's almost half of the current Classic Server count.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:11 PM
Banned
Glory is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Glory
Re: Re: Re: Hiring of Staff members and Council...issues

Quote:
Originally posted by albus777

Ahaha that was funny. I don't think any servers goal is to take down all the other servers. If that is the case, the people that play there need some serious help.
Yes so funny I laughed my ass off and it got so sore that it ran away. Unixmad said the council decides what servers stay and go.
Old 09-21-2002, 02:32 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiring of Staff members and Council...issues

Quote:
Originally posted by Glory

Yes so funny I laughed my ass off and it got so sore that it ran away. Unixmad said the council decides what servers stay and go.
Which is seriously problematic, conflicts of interest will manifest the council and no servers will get taken down.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:11 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
I think more servers need to be combined. Two sparse servers < One dense server.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 09-21-2002, 04:42 AM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
*votes Tyhm as classic servers' dictator, whether he likes it or not*
Old 09-21-2002, 04:48 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The thing with shutting down servers is probably about if servers have enough potential to get enough players in the future, if they have a good management etc.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:53 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyhm
I think more servers need to be combined. Two sparse servers < One dense server.
This would only work if they were 2 "like servers" RP etc... Then again the issue of who will manage it would erupt and Staff from both servers demanding "equal rights" etc... I believe it would be more of a nightmare than anything to try to do this , in a perfect world the "egos" would not get in the way , but alas we don't live in a perfect world..

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 09-21-2002, 05:57 AM
LiL_NightFall is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
The thing with shutting down servers is probably about if servers have enough potential to get enough players in the future, if they have a good management etc.
I can name 13 servers that need to be shut down.

Especially the ones that have a total population of just the NPC server. If a servers staff don't even log on, I think that says something bad about the server.

The DeLorean owns you k.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:14 AM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chronos
Haha, this thread has gotten so off topic Stefan didn't even send it into the oblivion that is an 'admin board'.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:46 AM
Excalibur is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Excalibur Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
i like to think of graal classic as "the people's game". It was originally created by Stefan, but it expanded so much because of what the people gave to the game. Alot of those who make their own servers contribute to "the people's game" as far as giving their own perspective, though, rather then spending all that time creating levels for a server, why not just donate them to the main Classic Graal server where you know that they will be used?
Though I see when something is too radical to be put on classic, like a mana, hp, and level system for battle, a new server could be put up. Classic used to have so many people on at once, but when all these new servers opened up, it seems to have divided the people. the trail accounts also had to do with people leaving, but still, as stated about servers merging, that would be a way to get more people onto a server.

well, thats my thought of the moment.
Old 09-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Well! Do a slow combine then!

Take a suffering server. Tell the owner it's time to pack it in. Whenever an admin quits, the corresponding admin of the other server takes over. During this transition process, levels from one server are being copied to the other server, possibly vice-versa. In the end, you have two nearly identical servers - whichever one's better overall (in terms of # of players I guess) survives, the other is folded over the rest of the way - owner demoted to CoManager in charge of the new wing.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233