Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
the first image SCREAMS RPG maker beacause ive seen those rock walls a thousand times recycled in the RPG maker community.(he added purple) Another thing is RPG maker never uses full black either.the color used for the black is exactly the same as TONS of rpg maker "chipsets". usually people edit the RPG maker XP tiles beacause they are larger then normal RPG makers resources.

in the RPG maker community they call tileset "chipsets" and ive noticed tom has done this before when he made a wooden type indoor bedroom room tileset. one day he magically got 5x better.

either way im not against recycling GFX from rpg makers beacause they are there for people to use in their games free.
It screams it yet you've provided no proof. Since Tom is a very reputable artist, you should back your accusations up with proof before you scream plagiarism.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Oh Dusty, did any of these help and how did it turn out?

Also, INDEED

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 03-09-2012, 03:20 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Oh Dusty, did any of these help and how did it turn out?

Also, INDEED
I don't quite remember if I actually referenced any of these, but I think I ended up getting somewhere. Hopefully the project will come to a close soon and my nondisclosure agreement will go with it and I can update this thread with the results
Old 03-09-2012, 03:54 AM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It screams it yet you've provided no proof. Since Tom is a very reputable artist, you should back your accusations up with proof before you scream plagiarism.
okay well i happen to have these chests in my image folder + type rpg maker XP chests in google images.

lets take that chest for expamle, the first thing i noticed is 3 edits, midle stripe(check link for horrizontal striped chest), verticle stripe and the lock.

A. that strike circled doesnt make sence to me light source wise. if you zoom in its acutally just the same lines copy pasted over eachother.

B. i took thel liberty of take that line away now its the exact same size as all the other chests vertically and horizontally.

C. I did a quick copy paste to increase the size of the bright spot ontop of chests and a quick copy paste to increase the size of the lock.

coincidence?

a link i on google images to a pile of nice chests. i like the purple one.

http://images.brighthub.com/cc/7/cc7...04ef_large.jpg(that purple is familliar)

this was a 5 min search and edit plus the addition of toms personal edits to make it look more unique. ive also seen the chair things before, at least the wood on RPG maker and other graal tileset.
notice how all the gfx in the image showing the level seem to have slight different styles all around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chest.png
Views:	490
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	54359  

Last edited by geneticfrog; 03-09-2012 at 04:15 AM..
Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Just because something looks similar does not mean it's stolen. Also why the hell does your diagram make no sense? Why couldn't you just put one side labelled Tom, and the other side labelled whoever you're comparing to?

Reorganized your case so I can actually understand it and then I'll see what I think.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Just because something looks similar does not mean it's stolen. Also why the hell does your diagram make no sense? Why couldn't you just put one side labelled Tom, and the other side labelled whoever you're comparing to?

Reorganized your case so I can actually understand it and then I'll see what I think.
if you ask me its pretty clear.

the very top image is thoms creation apparantly.

A. is demonstrating its the exact same size horizontally plus the stripe that makes no sence shading wise.

B. is without the stripe now its the exact same size all around to slightly increase the lock part and the large stripe on the top. so it fits graal a bit better.

c. a two second copy paste job without even using any edits at all with the pencil.

the link i provided in google images seems to have a purple chest just like thoms. plus the chest with the center verticle stripe.

http://images.brighthub.com/cc/7/cc7...04ef_large.jpg
plus if you zoom in all around its the same shading style.... added the fact that the LARGE stripe on the top fo the chests also is quite big. this shows me the parts of the chests that look wierd are the edits.

i can go find more
Old 03-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
if you ask me its pretty clear.
How about communicating what you see more clearly? I believe it's highly arrogant of one to state something and then not explain it properly for others to understand, we're all different people.

Show the following.

Tom's "Work" you are accusing of theft
The original work in question

and finally...

The comparison of the two things above, showing where they are exactly the same.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:10 AM
No it's not because I can't tell wtf is going on in your little diagram. What graphics are whose? Also you can't expect me to examine pixel art that's been blown up with a filter.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:16 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
if I am looking at your diagram correctly (not entirely certain because it is confusing as hell) you edited Tim's chest and your source's chest until they looked similar. That isn't exactly concrete there buddy.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 AM
all the chests that arent purple in gold are made by RPG maker XP.

all i did was use the crop tool and copy paste in a reverse fashion he would have used to make the chest larger to fit graal. like i said the smaller bright stripe under the big bright stripe is totally out of place. if you remove that copy pasted partthen yousee ALL the chests are all the EXACT same size..

all the hints are there.

the purple and gold chest is thoms(beside the same color of purple one in the google image)...... all the other are RPG makers how is that so complicated.

the chests around A B and C are jsut to compare how they are identicle in size. once youremove 3 line of pixels that are copy pasted over eachother to make it slightly taller but made no sence shading wise lol....

simple....

Last edited by geneticfrog; 03-09-2012 at 04:28 AM..
Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Here's what you can do. Take Tom's graphic, put it on one side of an image. Unedited, unaltered, not zoomed it. Take the other graphic that you think he stole it from. Put it on the OTHER side of the image. Label them appropriately. Let US draw the conclusions.

I also find it funny that you accuse the above graphics of being stolen but then when confronted pull entirely different graphics for comparison.

Either way, do this so I can actually see what the hell you're going on about.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Here's what you can do. Take Tom's graphic, put it on one side of an image. Unedited, unaltered, not zoomed it. Take the other graphic that you think he stole it from. Put it on the OTHER side of the image. Label them appropriately. Let US draw the conclusions.

I also find it funny that you accuse the above graphics of being stolen but then when confronted pull entirely different graphics for comparison.

Either way, do this so I can actually see what the hell you're going on about.

NOTE: the red chest comes in ALL colors and has been used in RPG community FOR AGES. simply type rpg maker chests in google images or search to find them.

1. originals. note: the red chest is RPG maker and comes in ALL colors and many edits of it.
2. EXACT same side horizontal.
3. random stripe of shading that makes no sence to be there unless its copy pasted.
4. once that stripe is gone the purple shades blend PERFECTLY. the shade before that stripe and the one after are meant for eachother, zoom in to see it closer.
5. once that stripe from 4 is gone now all of a sudden both chests match horizontally AND vertically.
6. more perfectly matching features.
7. the red RPG chest is over thoms chest.

its pretty clear that its an edit.

If i take an image you made and changed the color + resized a few things and added a small edit in birhgtness so it matches graal light source, is it really my creation?
here are some images from google search example of the other versions of the chest. ALL OF THEM ARE RPG MAKER.

NOTE THE ONE BELLOW WAS SAVED IN JPEG BY THE HOST WHO KNOWS WHY.

pretty purple chest and the metal one with the unique idea of adding a middle stripe of metal.

you know im right.

Last edited by geneticfrog; 03-09-2012 at 05:41 AM..
Old 03-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
is it seriously that hard to just provide two images?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Dammit, why is it so blurry? Also you still haven't said which is Tom's and which isn't. I'm going to assume from what you're writing that the red chest is the one that isn't Tom's, however.

Okay, so we're getting somewhere here... unfortunately for you it's a very abrupt stop.

Quote:
2. EXACT same side horizontal.
Really? You don't say? They're 32 pixels wide? This is such an uncommon occurrence... 32x32 is a common size. In fact every single chest I have ever drawn is 32 pixels wide.
Quote:
3. random stripe of shading that makes no sence to be there unless its copy pasted.
See this is the problem with your logic. You don't understand it therefor it MUST be stolen. No. The strip of highlight makes sense because the chest is metallic. Metallic items look more metallic with strong highlights against dark shades. It creates contrast. Something he did fairly well.

Quote:
4. once that stripe is gone the purple shades blend PERFECTLY. zoom in to see it closer.
I can't zoom in because whatever the hell you did means almost all the pixel clarity is lost. Either way from what I can see they're still not the same. In fact the shading styles are so totally different I'm not even sure why this is even being brought up.

Quote:
5. once that stripe from 4 is gone now all of a sudden both chests match horizontally AND vertically.
Of course it matches the size vertically. You ****ing cropped it down until it was the same size and then removed everything that made them look different.

Quote:
7. the red RPG chest is over thoms chest.
Yet they still don't look ANYTHING ALIKE. Just because something looks somewhat vaguely familiar does not mean it's stolen.

Again, post the damn raw images without you ****ing it up and resizing and blurring it so I can actually show you in detail how wrong you are.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:43 AM
so i guess if i took the outline of a GFX and recolored/ resized it then....

i guess u never stole a gFX.

cool to know, thanks.

the evidence is there, you just are defending a friend now its pretty clear. either way i can bring up more examples but i fear his friends will come to his defence again so its quite useless.

but in the end thom knows how RPG maker influenced him in pixel art anyway.

obviously his drawing pad/photoshop stuff is original to him.