Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Do you blame them? I don't remember the last time I've seen a positive thread about Graal. When blogs were introduced, a bunch of people started complaining and insulting the administrators. How immature is that? Why should they have to put up with things like that on their forums? There's a difference between posting something negative about Graal, and posting an insulting rant. Most of the negatives posts are just jabs at Darlene and Unixmad. Very few times have I seen a thoughtful negative post that suggests ways of fixing it. In the event that those posts are rejected just because they're negative, then I'm against that.
Is it immature, or good suggestions?
After all, isn't the customer the best meter of your customer satisfaction and company policies?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:41 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember it like this. A couple of accounts got hacked and were spamming every forum with inappropriate links etc. Right after that we went to the main forum being moderated I think?
No, it was because of people complaining about v5.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Do you blame them? I don't remember the last time I've seen a positive thread about Graal. When blogs were introduced, a bunch of people started complaining and insulting the administrators. How immature is that? Why should they have to put up with things like that on their forums? There's a difference between posting something negative about Graal, and posting an insulting rant. Most of the negatives posts are just jabs at Darlene and Unixmad. Very few times have I seen a thoughtful negative post that suggests ways of fixing it. In the event that those posts are rejected just because they're negative, then I'm against that.
And that's our fault? I'm sorry, but we post negative things because Graal isn't doing too good.

If they want positive things posted, make us happy! It's that simple. Every single other online game has to deal with the same thing. If you haven't noticed, no matter how constructive we all are, we are ignored.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
And that's our fault? I'm sorry, but we post negative things because Graal isn't doing too good.

If they want positive things posted, make us happy! It's that simple. Every single other online game has to deal with the same thing. If you haven't noticed, no matter how constructive we all are, we are ignored.
I'm not going to say that CJ doesn't ignore its players. It's quite obvious that they do. I'm obviously not aware of everything that goes on with these forums. But, from face value, it looks like a few bad apples ruined it for an entire bale.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:10 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm not going to say that CJ doesn't ignore its players. It's quite obvious that they do. I'm obviously not aware of everything that goes on with these forums. But, from face value, it looks like a few bad apples ruined it for an entire bale.
Being one of the more bitter members on the forums towards CJ, I have announced my happiness when additions when they make me happy. If they updated the external editor they would be given huge praise from me. If they released flying technology instead of letting it rot away, I'd praise them for that. There are tons of things they can do to earn my respect, but I haven't seen it yet... therefor I am unhappy with them and have nothing good to say.

Ya, it's their forums and they can do what they like, but I think shutting up anyone that doesn't agree with them only makes them look worse.

If I started browsing the forums of a new game and saw lots of bad stuff being posted, I'd just try the game out and see for myself. If I saw lots of bad stuff being posted and the staff saying they'll try to do what they can, I'd stick around and see because I like that kind of attitude. If I saw bad stuff being posted, and locked because the staff 'are tired of hearing it', I'd leave quick.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned
Quote:
Being one of the more bitter members on the forums towards CJ, I have announced my happiness when additions when they make me happy. If they updated the external editor they would be given huge praise from me. If they released flying technology instead of letting it rot away, I'd praise them for that. There are tons of things they can do to earn my respect, but I haven't seen it yet... therefor I am unhappy with them and have nothing good to say.

Ya, it's their forums and they can do what they like, but I think shutting up anyone that doesn't agree with them only makes them look worse.

If I started browsing the forums of a new game and saw lots of bad stuff being posted, I'd just try the game out. If I saw lots of bad stuff being posted and the staff saying they'll try to do what they can, I'd stick around and see. If I saw bad stuff being posted, and locked because the staff 'are tired of hearing it', I'd leave quick.
Yeah, like how I left good comments about being allowed back to these forums
And I'd definitely thank them for a Mac developer tool set.
But I've been barking up that tree for over 2 years.
But hold on, I'm going to go play Zone on my iPod

Only reason I'd pay for gralats is if I could develop for graal, and have some good offline tools to do that. I know I'm not the only person like that.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:23 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I would like those things, too. But, I don't see how not getting them translates to a right to rant and insult. I find it hard to believe that sensible, calm, yet negative posts caused Unixmad to moderate every single post in the Graal Main Forum.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
I would like those things, too. But, I don't see how not getting them translates to a right to rant and insult. I find it hard to believe that sensible, calm, yet negative posts caused Unixmad to moderate every single post in the Graal Main Forum.
I think it was mainly because of the complaints surrounding subscription splitting. Stefan and Unix seem to be extremely sensitive on matters relating to subscription format and pricing. I'm not really sure why.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I talked to Stefan in PM's and he said because people were lying -- thus, making Graal look bad on falsifications.

Anyways, as for rants and insults... well you assume we have. Most are not insulting and constructive. The point is though not only are we ignored, we are silenced. That's a terrible attitude to take towards paying costumers. We don't have a right to complain, but it's standard that when you pay for a service you have a voice... and going against that standard is only bad news for the company.

And when we don't get things that would obviously make the game better, we do complain because Graal has so much potential and it's just not being done.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
It's simple: The Graal main forum is for Graal. People like to spam, and people like to complain. Some complaints are valid, yes, but some are false, and ridiculous.
The way I look at it, the main forum is moderated to cut down on spam and inappropriate posts from ever being viewed to begin with.
It's not like it is a big deal, they are moderated fairly quickly. I am usually on many times in a day.

Also, just because unix doesn't come on much, doesn't mean the forums shouldn't be ran like he wants

Note: Anyone who tries to avoid the moderation by making Graal related threads in the non-graal related forum, will get their thread deleted.

Complaints and such are suppose to go through the support center.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned
Why wasn't my thread with the hidden graal text approved?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't remember the last time I've seen a positive thread about Graal.
Who's fault is that?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
master of infinite loops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Who's fault is that?
Yours, obviously.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:53 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yours, obviously.
How influential of me.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
Why wasn't my thread with the hidden graal text approved?
No idea what you are talking about.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST