Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
lol i think u should contact Kez on msn and see if he wants to return to npluse rebirth without rebirth npluse is gone even if it went back on classic tab it will die once again at least rebirth has a chance to stay for a while once it goes classic
Kez was part of it when I started the project back up, and also one of those who disappeared not too long after it was started back up.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
hmm maybe corey will return ?? idk
graal lackying in major gs2 scripting
like gs1 it was so much easier to do
Old 08-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Unholy Nation Levels Team
trimaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm.....I disagree with the whole "bring back old N-Pulse". Yes old N-Pulse was fun but it wouldn't hurt seeing something new from N-Pulse. Anyways, what I think would be pretty cool is if the quests could be more Zelda-like with dungeons and whatnot. Heck maybe even make some quests to where 2-4 players have to be in a quest in order to complete it?
Old 08-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
like gs1 it was so much easier to do
No, it really wasn't. A lot of the time in GS1 you had to make hackish solutions to do the simplest of things.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
lol i think u should contact Kez on msn and see if he wants to return to npluse rebirth without rebirth npluse is gone even if it went back on classic tab it will die once again at least rebirth has a chance to stay for a while once it goes classic
I think you should think before you post.

Classic N-Pulse was amazing, the main reason for this was events. As long as there was events being hosted players would come and have fun. Rebirth was never going to be realized, and it took away what N-Pulse was all about.

I suggest, make the map smaller as suggested above. Improve/fix old systems that don't work or are just outdated. (E.G. sharking, sparring, mining, etc) Develop something that players will want to see, and bring them back time and time again. Such as introduce new quests every year or so. The N-Pulse quests I must say are not the best or close to it. UN is doing great things with quests as of late. I know you don't have a plentiful developmental team, but just fix whats broken, get good staff members, and create some intriguing quests. Also please add a trading system of some sort, N-Pulse has always lacked in player-based economy. You relied on shops to make players play events/farm etc. That is just my opinion though.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post

Classic N-Pulse was amazing, the main reason for this was events. As long as there was events being hosted players would come and have fun. Rebirth was never going to be realized, and it took away what N-Pulse was all about.

I suggest, make the map smaller as suggested above. Improve/fix old systems that don't work or are just outdated. (E.G. sharking, sparring, mining, etc)
This is what I was planning on doing, if I can find the scripters that can do so. I want to improve the old jobs, as well as bringing in new jobs that will be more interactive then just smashing the D button.

Quote:
Develop something that players will want to see, and bring them back time and time again. Such as introduce new quests every year or so.
My thoughts were to release a few quests at first, for hearts, swords, shields, etc.., then have quests/content constantly being worked on by development, instead of constantly working backwards in by redoing levels/scripts.

Quote:
The N-Pulse quests I must say are not the best or close to it.
The few quests that were on N-Pulse near its end on the Classic tab were not the best, but N-Pulse was known previously for having the most creative/interactive quests, and this is what I want to bring back to the server.

Quote:
Also please add a trading system of some sort, N-Pulse has always lacked in player-based economy. You relied on shops to make players play events/farm etc. That is just my opinion though.
A fully functioning trading system is on the top of my list to get done for the players. I want to have a player ran economy, for the most part, in order to keep everyone from having all the NPCs and encourage players to buy/sell their items in order to get others. I want the shops to only play a small portion of the economy, just where the trading would begin and limit quantities of NPCs that can be bought from the shops.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
The few quests that were on N-Pulse near its end on the Classic tab were not the best, but N-Pulse was known previously for having the most creative/interactive quests, and this is what I want to bring back to the server.
Remember when we had funland with the roller coaster? Stefan said that he loved it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Retired
Yeah that was fun, Graal's first amusement park ;p
Old 08-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
haha I remember making that. Was alot of fun! the log flume ride!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
haha I remember making that. Was alot of fun! the log flume ride!
Oh yea, it was a log flume ride wasn't it? Haha. It was awesome though.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Graal Developer
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post

I suggest, make the map smaller as suggested above. Improve/fix old systems that don't work or are just outdated. (E.G. sharking, sparring, mining, etc) Develop something that players will want to see, and bring them back time and time again. Such as introduce new quests every year or so. The N-Pulse quests I must say are not the best or close to it. UN is doing great things with quests as of late. I know you don't have a plentiful developmental team, but just fix whats broken, get good staff members, and create some intriguing quests. Also please add a trading system of some sort, N-Pulse has always lacked in player-based economy. You relied on shops to make players play events/farm etc. That is just my opinion though.
its the truth
not trying to be mean cuz i played npluse when moon god and moonie was managers matter of fact i was a FAQ under Jadynx at the time but hey
time changes and people get bored with just classic style
if there was a twist and kept the classic feel it would work but revive a whole server back in teh day and think they will make a big impact thats just wishing.
its going to be like this Shaded Legend just rescripting ect if it went classic tab it will fail once again. but i seen it happen many of times with Atlantis,Engima,Rudora
Old 08-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Retired
Quote:
its going to be like this Shaded Legend just rescripting ect if it went classic tab it will fail once again. but i seen it happen many of times with Atlantis,Engima,Rudora
Assuming things isn't the best way to go about things, especially since plans have not been released yet. You are just going off whatever you put into your mind without actually knowing the facts, so your arguments have no grounds to be considered anything besides an uneducated assumption.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Graal Developer
im not assuming and no one not putting it in my head
i just seen it happen with my eyes before
i still think if npluse rebirth came out it would be a around for a good while
but if normal npluse just same ol same classic feel might be around for a half of year before the player account back to 30

but its ur decision and do what u think is best
but at the end ill be saying i told u so
Old 08-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Administrator
Quote:
im not assuming and no one not putting it in my head
i just seen it happen with my eyes before
i still think if npluse rebirth came out it would be a around for a good while
but if normal npluse just same ol same classic feel might be around for a half of year before the player account back to 30

but its ur decision and do what u think is best
but at the end ill be saying i told u so
The problem with taking a pw in a whole different direction is that it is alot of work, and takes a dedicated staff team in order to pull it off. Staff do not stay around long enough to get things done. This is a big reason why I finally had to let n-pulse go. If there were one person who could do every form of staff well, and had hours a day to spend on working on a pw, and continued doing it for months/years, then maybe it could be done. I dont see this happening.

You cant assume that people will not want to play a classic n-pulse, with some new added into it. They will. People still play Graal because of the Zelda-like feel. A lot of people play just to slash the heck out of people to be the best pk'er. The reason for the playerworld counts declining is not because of the playerworld, it is because Graal's playercount has declined, and now it has to compete with iphone and facebook.

I hardly ever play Graal anymore because I played for the massive classic pk'ing, and it seems to be gone. If Graal would go back to just a select few servers, it might be a different story, like years ago....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Graal Developer
i know that moonie i miss the old ways too trust me
even when Era came out alot of players didnt like it included me due i didnt want that gun feel that wasnt graal but soon people like it. But back then and now this is a different generation. 15 years old kids would like WoW or GTA type of guns or halo ect not just talk and have fun do guild wars ect on UN or whatever they dont think its fun. I look at it this way
u got UN then u have Npluse classic feel servers now UN gets what 70 players good day split that and theres ur player account for Npluse