Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-08-2008, 05:49 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
It is amazing that nobody from Bomy Islands has even bothered to reply even after two months from the original post.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Yeah. I tried to talk to Rufus about getting in on helping.

It's just that I pmed him like two months ago and I'm starting to feel less enthusiastic about the prospect of working on the project again. Rufus, is your box just way full or is there no actual progress currently?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Rufus is currently banned from the forums and has been for a couple months now. Probably why you've not noticed him commenting on other threads. Try hunting him down on a server somewhere and I'm sure he'll be happy to give you an update.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:36 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
The server is still progressing even if at a slow pace.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:41 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
This will be the greatest thing ever and worth the wait and my opinion is not based on the fact that 75% of my PMs with Rufus involve him telling me to suck up to his work on the forums.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Former PW Admin
Matman58 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Matman58 Send a message via AIM to Matman58 Send a message via Yahoo to Matman58
Well I am hoping something comes out of this work that has been going on forever. Havent played Graal much at all since Graal 2001 disappeared, but I would return if the server did come back.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLLChiLD View Post
The server is still progressing even if at a slow pace.
Edit: Yes it is. Looks good too!

Last edited by WanDaMan; 12-16-2008 at 08:03 PM..
Old 12-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Notorious
Soto will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Soto
im hoping for it to come back real soon.

got plex?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:29 PM
old school.
Sparkplug will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Sparkplug
I'm just wondering if there is anything new to report...
Old 01-30-2009, 10:12 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
so in how many years will the server be released?

followup; when did the staff think it was acceptable to put off the server's release for x years
Old 01-31-2009, 02:55 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm afraid if you're looking for screenshots then you're probably not going to see any for a while. I think continuing Konidias' way of hyping up the server would only lead to disappointment in the end. That isn't to say that screenshots wouldn't be released and I have something in mind, just not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
followup; when did the staff think it was acceptable to put off the server's release for x years
That'd be when I opened my eyes to the actual lack of decent developers. The huge extent of what needs to be done to ensure a popular and suitable re-release of a server that had a huge amount of flaws and inconsistencies in every single release it has had to date isn't really helping either. Then of course we have the fact that the staff do not get paid, do work for a company that is unappreciative and provide no support at all, whilst battling with a lack of motivation due to *******s like yourself who don't even care nor help, but seem to like attempting to stir the pot.

I know that this server is taking too long to get done, and believe me if there was someone else who wanted to try and tackle this beast who actually understood what is needed for a revivial and could just pop it out then I would gladly pass it over. Good luck with that though, because I've tried to find that person myself.

Last edited by Rufus; 01-31-2009 at 03:06 AM..
Old 01-31-2009, 10:18 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I'm not sure who it is that has the scripting capabilities mixed with people managing skills needed to get your project done..

But I do know that I've been interested in helping with whatever possible for months now.

I also know that there are a lot of people who still feel strongly about the server, and that it would easily be able to garner more success than the rest of Graal if released with the right timing. Think about it, last time Graal2001 was revived--all of the other servers weren't nearly as bad as they are now.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:16 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
I'm always willing to help
Old 02-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotoo2 View Post
Curiosity killed the cat.

But really, progress?
That's not the full quote its Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:34 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Sadly willingness is nothing without capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
How many staff members do you think BI has?