Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Next version will have external gui windows, right?
In which case that is totally awesome. Scripted playerlist adds so many possibilities.
(Assuming servers have access to the script and can make changes to/replace it locally.)
Yes Externals are in the next Graal release. Provided the external windows don't feel like the internal gui windows, it will be awesome.

Also, altering the the scripted player-list is already possible, just that no one really uses it, so those changes go unnoticed or aren't bothered with.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Mash? Sort of not the right time to add in extreme exaggeration into the deal, when all you do is have to tap it once.
No exaggeration. I'm a button-masher.

Also, yeah, I'm running Vista32. (Since 64 seems to have way too many compatibility issues.)
But tell me, is anyone having this problem on Windows 7? I'm just curious.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Next version will have external gui windows, right?
In which case that is totally awesome. Scripted playerlist adds so many possibilities.
(Assuming servers have access to the script and can make changes to/replace it locally.)
Not really. The scripted playerlist is awful compared to the external one.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Not really. The scripted playerlist is awful compared to the external one.
What do you mean?
Old 12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I don't see how it's hard to understand why our current "Windows" playerlist feels so much better than the scripted one. I'm not sure how the v6 scripted playerlist will feel but I don't think it's going to be any good knowing how Graal windows behave. :/
Old 12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What do you mean?
having the player list separate from the graal window is better. you can keep it separate so it doesn't block anything, it doesn't seem to have any problems, and the in-graal one just looks bad. i tried using it once and it felt terrible; never tried it again

i also like being able to minimize the main graal window while keeping the player list open
Old 12-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
having the player list separate from the graal window is better. you can keep it separate so it doesn't block anything, it doesn't seem to have any problems, and the in-graal one just looks bad. i tried using it once and it felt terrible; never tried it again

i also like being able to minimize the main graal window while keeping the player list open
Next version focuses on external scripted windows.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:27 PM
tempandrew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Yeah, I don't see how it's hard to understand why our current "Windows" playerlist feels so much better than the scripted one. I'm not sure how the v6 scripted playerlist will feel but I don't think it's going to be any good knowing how Graal windows behave. :/
Considering people like me and you have been on Graal since last decade, I'd say a big reason is that we're used to it.

It took me MONTHS before I finally decided to go from v2.31 to v4. The only reason I ended up doing it is because it started to interfere with what I could and could not do.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:36 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Next version focuses on external scripted windows.
i'm glad: i would hate to be forced into using the in-game player list
Old 12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Could you list some things that could make windows behave better please? It's helpful to list things that make it bad than to just say it's bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

As Dusty mentioned, it will indeed be external. It will also have a lot more features and receive updates more than the current playerlist does (because it'll be scripted, which means Skyld and I have access to edit script and update it right away).

The scripted playerlist contains all of the current features of the external playerlist and more, the only problem is that some people have a hard time adjusting to the use of Graal windows. If we can some how get across that hill, then it will easily be 10x better than the current playerlist due to flexibility, features, and usability.

And as for the number of annoying things that the scripted playerlist does have, I have already fixed a lot of these on the login 2 server, so once I am finished updating it then it will be moved over to Login 1. Stefan also fixed a few things in the client (like allowing you to hold ctrl+click and shift+click stuff to select players on the list).

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
My main problem with GUI's are their slow response time due to Graal running at 20fps. It pales in comparison to their OS counterparts.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:18 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Could you list some things that could make windows behave better please? It's helpful to list things that make it bad than to just say it's bad.
As I said, inferior feel. I don't have access to the v6 playerlist but the scripted list of v5 isn't as responsive as the normal one. The shortcuts and whatnot that most of us (as we are mostly Windows users) are used to don't work, such as shift+click to mass select multiple people. Aesthetically it does a horrible job at seperating the different sections, everything just looks clumped together and its nowhere near as clear as the normal one while nicks are harder to read as well. The interface of the default one is superior (with the exception of the mass button I suppose), the scripted one doesn't even have an option button.

Thus far I have been unimpressed with scripted windows on Graal. They look horrible, aren't responsive, and appear to be inferior in everyway to their "OS counterparts" (as Dusty put it) for the majority of the everyday players.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:04 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
My main problem with GUI's are their slow response time due to Graal running at 20fps. It pales in comparison to their OS counterparts.
External windows appear to behave at far above 60 FPS, probably native OS speeds, on Mac at least. For example, resizing client-RC is extremely smooth.

However, text boxes are still dreadful.