Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2009, 11:10 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
so why isn't the current NPulse & Delteria already off the classic tab if it doesn't really meet the requirements, and more importantly isn't being worked on any longer?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
so why isn't the current NPulse & Delteria already off the classic tab if it doesn't really meet the requirements, and more importantly isn't being worked on any longer?
Existing servers don't have to retrofit completely to stay on tab. If they did there wouldn't be a single server left on any tab. Both Npulse and Delteria know they are next on the chopping block so thats not really an issue atm.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Classic was removed due to lack of content. Delteria has had nothing to do for about 2 years? Doesn't matter if they have a new server in private development.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
I would have to throw in my support for a less ambiguous PW requirement system and in turn a more strict one for existing servers. It has been the case for a while now that we cannot afford to unnecessarily spread out the players of this game. We don't have the numbers we used to and community is a large part of this games entertainment value.

I also have to agree that N-Pulse and Delteria as of current need to be removed from the Classic tab. Both servers are as dead as Classic was before it was removed. They are both servers with large reconstruction projects that continue to have their rough ETAs be pushed back constantly. There is no argument to retain them unless you blind yourself from being rational to defend them. The servers as they stand now are dead, and the servers in their current form aren't going to go anywhere, and shouldn't anyway considering the aforementioned reconstruction projects, all work should be going into those obviously.

In summary, the game can't afford to have any servers up that aren't necessary at this point, especially those that don't dramatically set themselves apart from themes of PWs that are successful right now. It makes the game less fun to have people spread out, and having servers that have sub-20 playercounts make the game look awful, especially to people starting out and seeing these dead servers on the list.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Pretty sure N-Pulse is dead, don't know if you guys are running on facts or opinions. Most the time in the evening we get a minimum of 20 players. Delteria on the other hand is a different story, it's a lost hope at this moment, considering the only people on the server are staff.. you can't say the same for N-Pulse.

N-Pulse is working on an insane reconstruction project, but that isn't hurting the main server at all.

Too say N-Pulse is on the chopping block at this time would not be wise, N-Pulse is a strong server, with a powerful community I believe.

Another point:
Sort of funny how there is like 2/3's of 207 players registered to the forums that are active. N-Pulse is a close community and just because other players don't see it, we sure do. I don't know any servers that have a succesfull forum with any where close to 207 players registered. It just goes to show that N-Pulse isn't dead.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I don't know any servers that have a succesfull forum with any where close to 207 players registered. It just goes to show that N-Pulse isn't dead.
Delteria has 402 registered members on their forums and you say that's dead. I don't really see your point here.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:05 PM
graal player lord
Are the majority of members active?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Pretty sure N-Pulse is dead, don't know if you guys are running on facts or opinions. Most the time in the evening we get a minimum of 20 players. Delteria on the other hand is a different story, it's a lost hope at this moment, considering the only people on the server are staff.. you can't say the same for N-Pulse.

N-Pulse is working on an insane reconstruction project, but that isn't hurting the main server at all.

Too say N-Pulse is on the chopping block at this time would not be wise, N-Pulse is a strong server, with a powerful community I believe.

Another point:
Sort of funny how there is like 2/3's of 207 players registered to the forums that are active. N-Pulse is a close community and just because other players don't see it, we sure do. I don't know any servers that have a succesfull forum with any where close to 207 players registered. It just goes to show that N-Pulse isn't dead.
nice contradiction

if the main population of NP is behind the scenes, then let the server go behind the scenes as well. having 20 people online in the evening is useless, especially when most of those players are staff+RC, and then 3-4 people who actually play NP seriously anymore. at least delteria still runs their spar tournaments with a somewhat good turnout
Old 10-21-2009, 12:52 AM
graal player lord
First off, I stated that 20 players were a minimum, who said they all are behind the scenes as well? You're running off assumptions that aren't even wise. And there is more than 3-4 non-staff that are on during the evening's.

zzz
Old 10-21-2009, 06:04 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
... at least delteria still runs their spar tournaments with a somewhat good turnout
Those are dead too.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-21-2009, 06:33 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
First off, I stated that 20 players were a minimum, who said they all are behind the scenes as well? You're running off assumptions that aren't even wise. And there is more than 3-4 non-staff that are on during the evening's.

zzz
i've definitely seen NP with lower than 5 players for hours at end, even in the evenings. things aren't popping on the server itself, while it seems development is at a slow but progressive state. NP doesn't have quests, it doesn't regularly hold events (although it does, i suppose, run when these 20 or so people are on) or any type of sparring/PKing/anything tournament, and it isn't being worked on any longer. so why is it up? it doesn't fall into the requirements for classic tab, and it doesn't have an active player population. those players could easily be assimilated onto UN (which isn't all that great honestly) but at least the population would condense and it would remove a practically dead server from being hosted; the same would apply to delteria - both have development servers
Old 10-21-2009, 08:26 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i've definitely seen NP with lower than 5 players for hours at end, even in the evenings. things aren't popping on the server itself, while it seems development is at a slow but progressive state. NP doesn't have quests, it doesn't regularly hold events (although it does, i suppose, run when these 20 or so people are on) or any type of sparring/PKing/anything tournament, and it isn't being worked on any longer. so why is it up? it doesn't fall into the requirements for classic tab, and it doesn't have an active player population. those players could easily be assimilated onto UN (which isn't all that great honestly) but at least the population would condense and it would remove a practically dead server from being hosted; the same would apply to delteria - both have development servers
I agree with this. N-Pulse, Delteria, and even Valikorlia are embarrassments to Graal and are a waste of space. Both N-Pulse and Delteria are way behind in development... and Valikorlia just has idling staff on it most of the times and no "RPing" going on at all... much like Delteria and N-Pulse too. I've checked them numerous times and nothing changes significantly at all. They might as well be taking off the Classic list for now until they actually get something done...
Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
and Valikorlia just has idling staff on it most of the times and no "RPing" going on at all
Seems more active than Delteria and Npulse to me, it just depends on when you log on. Val has a lot more potential though and I cannot believe they still haven't tapped into it yet. Probably too late now, with Zodiac and all. :[
Old 10-21-2009, 10:44 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Seems more active than Delteria and Npulse to me, it just depends on when you log on. Val has a lot more potential though and I cannot believe they still haven't tapped into it yet. Probably too late now, with Zodiac and all. :[
Honestly if you look, Val only has staff... and all they do is create nice graphics/gani's and waste them. Would be nice to see them try to make an actual mmorpg out of that stuff. I do think that they could somewhat compete against Zodiac... but in meantime I'd recommend it be taken off... if there was any RPing at all it would include the admins... and they would be off somewhere far and wouldn't normally allow or include newer players to join in. They just warp to each other to get around.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Are the majority of members active?
"68" / 210 is the majority?