Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Being able to cause timeouts at a 0.01 won't help that much when everything else still runs/draws at 20 FPS / 1F per 0.05 S.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
The idea of 0.01 will just make era lame and will never be played again.

unless you make every gun 0.01 freeze....

then it would be bad for a 0.01 freeze gun against a average .13 freeze gun.

And increased laming will be a result of 0.01 rate of fire..
Old 12-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
When Graal v6 is officially released the minimum timeout will be decreased from 0.05 to 0.01 seconds, which makes a lot of things possible.
You sure? I know Stefan said "it is possible", but can you link me to something where he says that this feature is certain?

Quote:
At the moment bullet speed is at its limit because in the 0.05 second timeout that bullets check for onwall a faster bullet could travel over a whole blocking tile and seem like it is going over the wall. So with a 0.01 second timeout bullets could be made up to 5 times faster without becoming glitchy.
Faster speed is already possible with custom projectiles (which I've already made with the help of cvimes), you just have to check for walls between the bullets current location and where it will move to before the next frame. The only difference is that the bullets are still only drawing every .05 seconds.

Quote:
The lower timeout means that it'll also be possible to speed up ammo being deducted from your clip when firing, so now wallers won't be able to hold D and create a wall of 70 bullets from what should be a 32 bullet clip.

And gun stats will be able to be a lot more diverse than just the standard 0.10 freeze, 0.20 fire rate.
All of the .17s and .18s that noobies put will actually mean something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Being able to cause timeouts at a 0.01 won't help that much when everything else still runs/draws at 20 FPS / 1F per 0.05 S.
I'm assuming you'd set a serveroption to adjust the frame rate so that everything would run at 100FPS
Old 12-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
You sure? I know Stefan said "it is possible", but can you link me to something where he says that this feature is certain?
I can't remember where the post was. But the feeling that I got was that it'll be possible in v6 but it won't be enabled on every server by default.
I image it'll be introduced the same way as gmaps and GS2, where you need to ask Stefan to enable them on your server at first and then eventually it gets pushed out to all servers.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:27 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Talking my thoughts

Quote:
Shotguns will be able to shoot a cloud of bullets, which wasn't possible before because when we tried it just looked like 1 row of bullets and then another row 0.05 seconds later. And instead of just getting hit by 1 bullet out of the 5 and taking 20 damage, it could be made so that each bullet does 4 damage and if you get hit by 4 of them you take 16 damage, but if you get hit at point blank range by all 12 of them you take 48 dmg.
I don't like the idea of multiple bullets hitting at once doing damage for each bullet. It's extremely lame and becomes very tiresome. For example, shotguns such as the PBP and PL9 shoot say 8 bullets, and do 8 damage each, that's 64 damage. Players would die extremely fast when lamed.

my thoughts:

1.) make unstick me completely PK-mode, and make many more buildings pk zones. Make only a select few buildings no-pk mode, and after 10 minutes you're automatically put into pk-mode. Graal disconnects players after roughly 12-14 minutes I think, so you'd be able to kill them before they were disconnected, and this would get rid of a lot of idlers that just lag up the place, and take up space.

2 make gmap smaller, or just get rid of all the empty space and buildings that aren't being used

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Eh, shotguns SHOULD shoot out a spread. I mean, that's how shotguns work. And yes, damage should be a matter of how much of the spread hits the player. The farther away the player, the less amount of the spread is going to connect. If you're close enough for a full spread to hit you, you SHOULD take heavy damage. Again, that's the purpose of shotguns -- close combat.

Though that said, the spread should be high. High enough so that you need to be relatively close to take heavy damage. Otherwise you could just calculate the distance the bullets travel so you could make the damage fade over a distance. Also, the spread shouldn't travel too far.

That's just my opinion.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Eh, shotguns SHOULD shoot out a spread. I mean, that's how shotguns work. And yes, damage should be a matter of how much of the spread hits the player. The farther away the player, the less amount of the spread is going to connect. If you're close enough for a full spread to hit you, you SHOULD take heavy damage. Again, that's the purpose of shotguns -- close combat.

Though that said, the spread should be high. High enough so that you need to be relatively close to take heavy damage. Otherwise you could just calculate the distance the bullets travel so you could make the damage fade over a distance. Also, the spread shouldn't travel too far.

That's just my opinion.
Yep, he was assuming that guns like the PBP would stay the same as they are now, but they're only like this because it was the only way to make a kind-of-decent shotgun with the existing system.

Giving shotguns a limited range is something that I've always wanted to do as well, but I think they need to be brought up to par with other guns before adding more limitations to them again.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Stay Frosty
Quote:
Eh, shotguns SHOULD shoot out a spread. I mean, that's how shotguns work.
So he should also make the Famas shoot roughly 1000 shot per minute since thats how famas should work. Same with M4, M16, P90, Mp5, etc.

Everything is slowed down and leveled to make the game fair, even when its not.

The spread that is already present is good enough because it covers a larger radius of tiles then any other gun.

Either people would start using shotguns cause they are good at laming or shotguns would not be used because they are useless as hell, no one cares about the back side of the shots because of we successfully dodge the first line of bullets then no worries about the others.

And it would become lame if say a PBP shoots 24 dmg, and its a player five times because they tried dodging, adding up to a instant death.

If your gunna do the spread with each bullet counting lower the guns damage before anything.

But each bullet counting per hit then the osiris minigun would become the ultimate laming weapon.

In my opinion.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
0.01 rate of fire.. QQ
I believe they mean intervals of .01. Currently only every .05 registers, making .14 and .16 technically the same freeze. If it were to be with .01's then .14 and .16 would have a slight difference.

They don't mean every gun would be .01 freeze.

Quote:
In my opinion.
I couldn't understand the point you were trying to make with this. You just said 'if this... then this... and that's lame... imo"

I agree with dem/dusty/jkl's posts on shotguns, lets do it!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Stay Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I couldn't understand the point you were trying to make with this. You just said 'if this... then this... and that's lame... imo"

The whole post was based on my opinion just to clarify so nobody QQs about what i just posted.

But it was all about what things may happen if each bullet were counted towards damage. Example if you were to spray someone with m16 they only get hit once every 2-3 bullets.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
Either people would start using shotguns cause they are good at laming or shotguns would not be used because they are useless as hell, no one cares about the back side of the shots because of we successfully dodge the first line of bullets then no worries about the others.

And it would become lame if say a PBP shoots 24 dmg, and its a player five times because they tried dodging, adding up to a instant death.

If your gunna do the spread with each bullet counting lower the guns damage before anything.

But each bullet counting per hit then the osiris minigun would become the ultimate laming weapon.

In my opinion.
I never said get rid of the immunity time between hits.
You would only take damage from the bullets that hit you at the exact same time, which is already possible to do with dual handguns for 40dmg.

And if you'd read the previous posts I mentioned making the bullet damage a lot lower, around 4-6 per bullet depending on the amount of them. So if you just stand back and try to wall with it you're just going to be doing 6 damage.
The point is to spice things up a bit because at the moment PKing and sparring is mostly just a 'dodge and return fire until somebody makes a mistake' sort of affair, which is slow and boring after a while.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Stay Frosty
o i c, but if dual handguns get 40dmg neo rifle must get 80dmg.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Era Staff
Meph is on a distinguished road
Suggestion:
Disable the actiongrab on houses when player is in in "PK" mode.

It seems redundant to have a 5-second PK timer when players are allowed to run to their house to evade a death, because the PKer cannot enter.

They should have to stand still for 5 seconds before being able to enter their house.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:02 PM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
o i c, but if dual handguns get 40dmg neo rifle must get 80dmg.
Why does it seem like you're just conpletely oblivious to anything that's been said?.. well nvm stupid question you're the average Era player. But as far as the distance and dmg per bullet thing goes it could definitely be a good thing to do if pulled off correctly being made sure that affecting only shotguns will not decrease the affectiveness of them in comparison to automatics.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:

That's just my opinion.

u obviously dont play era
in a raid u would just die after 1 second if every bullet affects u

and changing from .05 to .01 would mean having to change ALL of the gun stats

i hope developers rnt as dumb as some of u who r posting this bs

the most important thing that MUST be done on era is NOT ALLOWING ANY1 WITHOUT A GANG TAG TO ENTER A GANG BASE
letting these useless pkers enter just fks up the point system and allows "spies" to give information to the opposing gang
if u dnt have a gang tag go raid era mafia with the noobies

Last edited by TSAdmin; 12-07-2010 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Don't double (or triple) post