Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Lies.
Mr_Blue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr_Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
They're all useless without stats. There's no reason to equip them for looks, then immediately switch back to your uber armor after a few seconds. There needs to be some benefit to carrying it around.

Also, some Kingdoms don't even have their first armor set, why can't we get some now?

This is true, but if we go by the original plan, the gloves, boots, etc, would have unique stats making them worth wearing.
Unless you were able to see all the items your actually wearing. Which would be one heck of a job in making sure it all didn't mush together on the player.

Clothing would become obsolete, and if someone died and lost their armor, we'd all be naked -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
LOL stefan married a whale...ridunkulous.
------------------------------
GK Templates
Contact Me:
AIM: MrBlueGK
Yahoo: lonegoth11
Old 04-19-2008, 07:51 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Blue View Post
Clothing would become obsolete, and if someone died and lost their armor, we'd all be naked -.-
I take much pride in my current belt, gloves, and bracers. They're my favorite items I have equipped. But if I could trade them all in for something the exact same only with Zormite in its name, I would.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Lies.
Quote:
I take much pride in my current belt, gloves, and bracers. They're my favorite items I have equipped. But if I could trade them all in for something the exact same only with Zormite in its name, I would.
Oh, I love my equipment too, without a doubt. I was just saying, if the kingdoms do get armor sets, we should be able to see them, which might or might not work depending on if it could be done just right.

At least the belts or shoes. Bracer's I'm not sure about, because the arms are so stubby, it's be one flat color.

Quote:
GK Templates
Contact Me:
Old 04-19-2008, 08:49 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Some of the most sought after items have no sprites. Look at RoW. Just give the items some kind of stat so they have purposes.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I disagree very strongly with new items on GK, it doesn't solve anything and the novelty they bring fades quickly.

Instead you should create new systems and game mechanics so that they can be used to bring "novelty". Not just new types of items (anklets) or something, but things that have practical use within the game, so players rely on them. This way you get the novelty and the long-term functionality without damaging the game's system which is already strangling on 110 levels, ac, wc...
Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
These aren't meant to save Gk, they're just here to look snazzy. They're not improving Gk as a whole, just adding a bit more to the individual kingdoms. I don't see how something minor like this could be a bad thing.

But Gk does need something new.

Pet battling, more ships, enhanced sailing. Tons of possibilities have been brought up, just no one's willing to work on them.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Lies.
Quote:
These aren't meant to save Gk, they're just here to look snazzy. They're not improving Gk as a whole, just adding a bit more to the individual kingdoms. I don't see how something minor like this could be a bad thing.

But Gk does need something new.

Pet battling, more ships, enhanced sailing. Tons of possibilities have been brought up, just no one's willing to work on them.
I'd be more than glad to do what I can. And I'll be the first to admit, that I cannot script well. The only thing really that confuses me is the figuring out whats server side and whats client side.

Guess I'll look for a tutorial on it.

It would be nice for GK to get an overhaul on a lot of things, with lots more added. If that were to ever happen, and it was good, a server reset might be in order. But that may never happen.

Quote:
GK Templates
Contact Me:
Old 04-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
I'd like the ability to create "better" ships. Maybe just for show but still. I want to cruise the seas in style.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
They're all useless without stats. There's no reason to equip them for looks, then immediately switch back to your uber armor after a few seconds. There needs to be some benefit to carrying it around.
I thought we already discussed this x.x
You're ignoring the suggestion of having these items work WITH your good armour. Example: You're wearing a pmop, you get PMoP stats, but you SEE Zormite Armour. This means you can wear whatever you want and still use your kingdom's look (think of the current gfx-glitching techniques people use). This was how I interpreted Sky's idea. That's how this discussion started.

Though the trade-in plan is a lot more solid than this.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
If that were to ever happen, and it was good, a server reset might be in order. But that may never happen.
An stat reset would break a lot of hearts. An item reset would drive people to kill.

If a reset is going to be considered, there better be 20 damn good updates to compensate for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
stuff.
I'm seeing it now. I thought it did before, maybe I was just brain dead. Why not just have something similar to the show/hide option? You can equip something, and then toggle the views for it: Shown, hidden, Kingdom themed
Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
The GK boat is sinking. Chances are you shouldn't be worried about your sunday best.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
An stat reset would break a lot of hearts. An item reset would drive people to kill.
You mean the 5 people who regularly play GK? Or the people with uber-elite items, who are using expired subscriptions (if they ever log on) and not even paying for the game anymore?

Face it, if they can draw in players after a reset, they'd be better of pissing off the few greedy players who can't let go of some items they probably paid USD for anyways. I got nothing against "USD'ing", but if you're gonna do it, don't expect Graal staff to support it. Which is what they do if they give in to players' protest to a reset (but that's assuming they themselves would want a reset).

I'd love to see a reset.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:08 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
I'd love to see a reset.
I wouldn't. I have items I love, and I haven't paid for anything aside from my account. A reset would cost some people hard work that they put into what they own. Leveling needs to be drastically changed if there's going to be a stat reset. The needs to be a vast selection of publicly obtainable items if items will be reset.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:11 AM
Lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The GK boat is sinking. Chances are you shouldn't be worried about your sunday best.

Whats next then? Graal 3D? You might as well shutdown graal entirely, cause you wont be making much more with 3D.

Considering no player worlds really update anymore, seems as if the Graal boat is sinking. Just thought I'd put it out there. Whats wrong with hoping for an old-fashioned miracle?

*Quickly writes out a Graal clone in QBasic*

Quote:
GK Templates
Contact Me:
Old 04-20-2008, 06:13 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Whats next then? Graal 3D? You might as well shutdown graal entirely, cause you wont be making much more with 3D.

Considering no player worlds really update anymore, seems as if the Graal boat is sinking. Just thought I'd put it out there. Whats wrong with hoping for an old-fashioned miracle?

*Quickly writes out a Graal clone in QBasic*
Think > Post