Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 02:21 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
My experience on Val doesn't lead me to believe that this 'loyal' playerbase takes RP as seriously as they'd like everyone to believe. Walking around silently it seems just as bad as UN at times.
Just depends on what time it is.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:36 AM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes it is, I just realized i had it installed on my computer O_O. Proceeded to login and realized that most of these server have lost their playerbase. Then proceeded in looking at the servers and it seems that Era is the only one with the slightest glimpse of quality out of all the servers.

I was never into Era to much anyways after the first time the server was restarted.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:27 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Just depends on what time it is.
This is true. There are certain people that create roleplaying on Valikorlia, and those people get on at certain times. Generally, if there's a player count below 20-25, there's little to moderate roleplaying. When it's at 50+, then there's a good chance that there's an event (or multiple events) going on, thus a lot of roleplaying. It also depends on what day of the week it is.

Also, as a response to people saying that the administration should just do what they think is good for the server: it's really not that simple. Valikorlia is by far the most unique server on Graal. Nobody really knows what's "best", and agreeing on what's "acceptable" is a feat in itself. We have daily debates on what should and shouldn't be going on with the server, from small things like what races should be available, to large things like how the battle system would work. We can't just stop these cold-turkey, and expect the players to follow suit. They'll retaliate, just like they've done with every administration that's done that.

Like I said, Valikorlia is unique. And, like Crono said, you don't know Valikorlia. Players have earned their part of the blame. It is, after all, a player-run, player-generated server.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:28 PM
eagle4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post

Are my shallow assumptions correct or not? Your posts show that you know nothing about Valikorlia. The fact that you only mention playercount just shows you really have no clue what you're talking about.

Once Codein answers my question I will tell you why you're both missing the point.

Here you go big boy.

Regarding the players holding back the leveling system, which is pretty relevant.

Regarding the players in general.

As a part of my "shallow assumptions", I don't expect you to know what "pre-flood" means.
No need to flex your internet muscles, just because my presence on this forum is rare does't obligate you to make shallow assumptions. Just be because I have only talked about the playercount doesn't show that I know nothing about Valikorlia in any way. Are you not aware of the lack of logic behind assumptions?

Also what the kind of back-up is that? Those "back-ups" are just you rambling that Valikorlia needs an RPG system. Yes it does need one, if Val strictly relies on roleplaying what else is there to do if there is no roleplaying going on? The player gets bored and logs off.

And then you challenge me on some Valikorlia knowledge huh? I'd be glad to retort.

The Valikorlia "flood" is when Clash was ****ing around as usual and then decided "HEY! I want to make a ****ty sand nation that isn't Lerhyn! But how do I make one appear out of thin air? Oh I know! Let's FLOOD THE WHOLE WORLD inexplicably."

And so people got on their pretty little boats and fend off the danger that came by. Of course, that sand nation never came to happen.

To be honest Crono, you were one of the players of Valikorlia I have barely seen online.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle4 View Post
No need to flex your internet muscles, just because my presence on this forum is rare does't obligate you to make shallow assumptions. Just be because I have only talked about the playercount doesn't show that I know nothing about Valikorlia in any way. Are you not aware of the lack of logic behind assumptions?
This has nothing to do with the forums. It has to do with Valikorlia.

Quote:
Also what the kind of back-up is that? Those "back-ups" are just you rambling that Valikorlia needs an RPG system. Yes it does need one, if Val strictly relies on roleplaying what else is there to do if there is no roleplaying going on? The player gets bored and logs off.
Third paragraph mate.

Quote:
And then you challenge me on some Valikorlia knowledge huh? I'd be glad to retort.

The Valikorlia "flood" is when Clash was ****ing around as usual and then decided "HEY! I want to make a ****ty sand nation that isn't Lerhyn! But how do I make one appear out of thin air? Oh I know! Let's FLOOD THE WHOLE WORLD inexplicably."
Then you should know why playercount alone is not what Valikorlia needs. The flood was also more than that, Clash wanted to somehow "prove" that Valikorlia needed him. Don't ask me how, as I don't know what he was on about, but it's the explanation he gave me years ago.

Quote:
To be honest Crono, you were one of the players of Valikorlia I have barely seen online.
That's because I stopped RPing after 2002 and server-hopped a lot. To this day I still server-hop a lot but I always get on Valikorlia to check it's "progress". I actively played/worked on Val from 2002-2004 but once Clash had taken over I became less and less active. I was still there, though.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
graal is dead
Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Graal isn't dying. "Dying" is present tense.

It has died.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Retired Oldbie
grim_squeaker_x is on a distinguished road
Yeah. It's not as it was a couple of years ago, sadly. :/

Old 11-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_squeaker_x View Post
Yeah. It's not as it was a couple of years ago, sadly. :/
A couple of years ago was not much better unless you played Era (Era from spring 2006 was quite nice in my opinion).
Old 11-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Retired Oldbie
As in a couple of years I meant pre-2004

Old 11-26-2008, 10:36 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
As in a couple of years I meant pre-2004
*points* ZOOOMBIE!!!!!! wasn't you part of the graal new world team?

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Retired Oldbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
*points* ZOOOMBIE!!!!!! wasn't you part of the graal new world team?
Boo!

Go figure. :P

Old 11-26-2008, 11:14 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Boo!

Go figure. :P
I refuse.

My Albums
Quote:
Old 11-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Subject Change:

What is happening to Graal3D are the globals working on that or is it dead.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:14 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Subject Change:

What is happening to Graal3D are the globals working on that or is it dead.
It's dead, I worked on it alone for a while trying to spice up the visuals but it was hard without a programmer to help me so eventually I got bored of trying and gave up.

My Albums
Quote:
Closed Thread