Old 08-13-2008, 04:31 AM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
job limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Era's GP team is noticeably slacking.
i'll take the job guys lol

by the way guys, suggesting that the devs script a bunch of **** because u think it will help isn't really much of a "suggestion"

Last edited by Good_Ol_Daze; 08-13-2008 at 04:42 AM..
Old 08-13-2008, 05:36 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ol_Daze View Post
by the way guys, suggesting that the devs script a bunch of **** because u think it will help isn't really much of a "suggestion"
What?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Collige, virgo, rosas
RosesLove will become famous soon enough
Where's part B? ;x

Oh and maybe making it nopk at the beach so you can't die when you're digging would be helpful.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosesLove View Post
Where's part B? ;x

Oh and maybe making it nopk at the beach so you can't die when you're digging would be helpful.
I'd much rather there be NO no-pk levels on the gmap.

And I think jobs are fairly balanced at the moment as it is.

At the moment shell digging, boquets and pizza making all dish out about $40-42 a minute.
Missions are random, but they generally take ~30 seconds each and pay out $12 to $20 a mission, and 10 minutes of missions averaged out to about $36 a minute.

And I haven't testing mining or trash picking yet.
But trash picking is more of a side-job that you do as you travel from place to place instead of actively seeking trash, because it's too random.
I don't think many people 'farm trash' by digging on the grass with their shovel, or even know that it's possible to do that.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Demisis, why not add fishing and farming. I think people would enjoy that more, I know I would sit and fish all day lol.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 08-13-2008, 01:24 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see how farming fits Era's urban style. Fishing would be cool though, specially with people lining up on the bidge and someone ramming into all of them with his car. :]
Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Cars don't do damage anymore.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 08-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Cars don't do damage anymore.
hay guise lets kil everyting datz fun w/ era ok??

nxt up - 50percnt tax on all incom!!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:38 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't see how farming fits Era's urban style. Fishing would be cool though, specially with people lining up on the bidge and someone ramming into all of them with his car. :]
They need to expand the gmap -- add more suburban areas, farming areas, industrial areas. Think San Andreas.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
They need to expand the gmap -- add more suburban areas, farming areas, industrial areas. Think San Andreas.
There's not much point in expanding the gmap. The current small gmap already has so many empty buildings, and even with all those empty buildings there is so much empty space on the gmap still.

Era is meant to be a city and it feels more like a tiny town.

It needs more cement, more buildings, more neon signs, less grass, fewer trees.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
hay guise lets kil everyting datz fun w/ era ok??

nxt up - 50percnt tax on all incom!!!!!
I think it was removed because it was causing lag :[

But when they removed it they made it so you take less damage when you're in a car (only some shots hit you, and the ones that do only do half damage).

But I'll see if the script for damage is still in there, hopefully it's just commented out, and if it is I'll see if I can re-enable it. But as a trade-off I'm going to greatly reduce the chance for bullets to do no damage while you're in the car.

EDIT: It looks like cars were changed so that other players don't block you while you're in your car, which I guess means that you can't really crash into players anymore.
The direct crash damage was replaced with a for allplayers loop, which checks if any players are on the x,y the car, and if your speed is over a certain amount it places a fire and a small explosion on them. Also the loop has a larger than normal time out, to avoid lag, so even that fire/explosion damage isn't triggered half the time.

But I guess until somebody comes along that can script a better and more efficient car system we're stuck with this

Last edited by Demisis_P2P; 08-13-2008 at 05:16 PM..
Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
There's not much point in expanding the gmap. The current small gmap already has so many empty buildings, and even with all those empty buildings there is so much empty space on the gmap still.

Era is meant to be a city and it feels more like a tiny town.

It needs more cement, more buildings, more neon signs, less grass, fewer trees.
Expand it simply to expand horizons. It would be dumb to expand the city to more of a city. I didn't say it was a good idea, but to have farming and such, it would only be logical to expand the gmap to have farms on the outskirts. Expand the gmap = more possible jobs.

And Era feels like a city... just not a Vegas-type of city. There are a few different type of cities. Vegas-Type. Lots of neon lights and crap. New York-type, a lot of skyscrapers and apartments. Normal-type, eh... what Era has. A small city, trees still in tact, lots of buildings and streets. The type of city I happen to live in.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
They tried expanding it before and it didn't work out. Like Demisis said, they need to make the current map feel more like a city and less like a ghost town. Buildings need to be given a purpose and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
But I guess until somebody comes along that can script a better and more efficient car system we're stuck with this
More cars with multiple passengers and different performance ratings please.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
More cars with multiple passengers and different performance ratings please.
God how I wish that was possible.
And a second layer on cars so that I can add roofs with transparent windshields.
And even just for the cars to block properly instead of being non-blocking drawoverplayer. And if blocking doors with cars is a potential problem just have it so that if the speed is less than 0.2 the setshape2 transforms the car into seat tiles, so you can slide over it.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Quote:
They tried expanding it before and it didn't work out. Like Demisis said, they need to make the current map feel more like a city and less like a ghost town. Buildings need to be given a purpose and so on.
Could work out if it was done right. It would probably be very barren... mostly farm land, but it would open up for more jobs and such. Like I said, I'm not really suggesting it, but expanding on the world isn't a terrible idea.