Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 11:47 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It sounds like you guys give in to players way too easily(and by you guys, I mean whoever keeps letting the playerbase decide how the server ends up).
All in an effort to not be called "Clash", I guess. It's odd, really, because we constantly tell the players, "Valikorlia isn't a democracy".
Old 11-25-2008, 02:57 AM
eagle4 is an unknown quantity at this point
NEVER blame the players for the server's faults -- that's what Jenn did when Era's playercount sunk to 10 average. But suddenly when managers changed, Era revived to a hefty 70-80 players. So there must be something wrong with the server.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Banned
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
From my point of view, it depends on the updates. Whilst a staff is active you'll get more players.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Retired Oldbie
grim_squeaker_x is on a distinguished road
Yeah, Graal Classic update 2004, anyone recalling? lol

I know, I know, it was a forced update and they had to do it. But what the staff chose to do afterwards made the playercount sink into the rest of the playerworlds.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:54 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle4 View Post
NEVER blame the players for the server's faults -- that's what Jenn did when Era's playercount sunk to 10 average. But suddenly when managers changed, Era revived to a hefty 70-80 players. So there must be something wrong with the server.
Era is not Valikorlia.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Era is not Valikorlia.
Either way, players can't be held responsible.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Era is not Valikorlia.
If you keep making excuses like that then your server will definitely be stuck in a rut.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
Either way, players can't be held responsible.
You guys don't know Valikorlia.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
The fact is there's nothing stopping the administration from changing Val for the better. The fact is, if the current player base doesn't like it, the current player base can lump it. The fact is Val could be so much more. The fact is, players complaining is no excuse.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Quit making shallow assumptions you're starting to get annoying now.
By the way, at least back it up when you say something like that. It's not smart if you don't.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The fact is there's nothing stopping the administration from changing Val for the better.
"For the better" is a broad term. Be more specific, then I will tackle the rest of your posts at once as they pretty much come back to this.

Quote:
Quit making shallow assumptions you're starting to get annoying now.
Are my shallow assumptions correct or not? Your posts show that you know nothing about Valikorlia. The fact that you only mention playercount just shows you really have no clue what you're talking about.

Once Codein answers my question I will tell you why you're both missing the point.

Quote:
By the way, at least back it up when you say something like that. It's not smart if you don't.
Here you go big boy.

Regarding the players holding back the leveling system, which is pretty relevant.

Regarding the players in general.

As a part of my "shallow assumptions", I don't expect you to know what "pre-flood" means.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:05 AM
jwd
Quote:
"For the better" is a broad term. Be more specific, then I will tackle the rest of your posts at once as they pretty much come back to this.
I don't know what's for the better when it comes to Valikorlia, because I don't know it, as you've previously stated. I was just arguing that the players are not responsible for the lack of change. All I'm trying to get across is that the administration has a choice and that choice shouldn't be swayed by the players so much.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Quote:
I don't know what's for the better when it comes to Valikorlia, because I don't know it, as you've previously stated. I was just arguing that the players are not responsible for the lack of change. All I'm trying to get across is that the administration has a choice and that choice shouldn't be swayed by the players so much.
They are responsible. Valikorlia's staff does not wanna **** over the few loyal players that are left. Players on Valikorlia prefer too much quality over quantity (in terms of RPers). They don't want to simply attract a ton of people from UN, Zodiac, and Era only to see them all running around ruining RP's.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
My experience on Val doesn't lead me to believe that this 'loyal' playerbase takes RP as seriously as they'd like everyone to believe. Walking around silently it seems just as bad as UN at times.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:16 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
One of the biggest reasons why development is not the same as it used to be post-"BUYUROWNSERVER" is just that, the fact that people can buy their own servers. This spreads out all developmental workforce and has had a negative effect on our community. Think about it, back then people wanted to develop on their home servers. Now what happens? People go off, start their own fail-projects and get their friends in on it.

Instead of improving their development on their home servers and contributing to them, they instead break off and do their own little thing. You may think that its only a few people that are like this, but you'd be surprised.

Can't get hired on your home server? No problem, start your own rip off!
I think that for a month or two, limit the amount of servers there can be at once to about 75. That way it's still getting some money and there'll be more development?
More/better development = More Hosted/Classic Servers = $$$$ by upgrading.
More servers = $$$$ by server hosting. If there are more people that play Graal and have a reason to upgrade, I don't see why this won't work both for CJ and the players.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Closed Thread