Originally Posted by Crono View Post
And a custom HD and movement system is?
yes it is!!!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
And a custom HD and movement system is?
When it functions no differently than what you experienced before the NPC server? Yes. That's the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
There are very few instances where "moving in larger increments and to a potentially random location" can provide "difficulty" for other players. The relevant one here is hit detection, which is the current dispute.
So you care nothing about the comparison between the flaws of the two systems? These flaws are completely unrelated to the topic of the validity of the two? I guess that would be irrelevant to someone who isn't interested in discussing them, and is so clearly biased toward a serverside-only system.

Quote:
nor tried to make it appear as one
Your wording gave no indication of doubt, possibility of being wrong, or an indication that it was an opinion. The only conclusion I can come to is that you think it is a fact. I don't know how that isn't trying to make it appear as one.

Quote:
My claim was based upon Stefan suggesting that I used a serverside hit detection on Graal2001 when discussing the default hit detection with him quite recently -- A suggestion from a somewhat credible source. It is my understanding that Stefan also made that same suggestion to Storm, but you should already be aware of this since you've parroted it quite a bit.
He did. That doesn't make the "claim" any more factual, however. I think you're assuming that everything is currently only designed to function properly with serverside hit detection, which isn't necessarily the case.

Quote:
Might wanna slow down there ace attorney, jumping on a simple slip up in time lapse that is easily interpreted in the statement I made is far too weak.
Weak? As difficult as it may be for you to believe, there was no negative aspect to the question. It simply didn't make sense, and, obviously, I wanted you to explain.
Let me ask you something, are you completely aware that there are two hit detections to refer to right now? One of which is obviously already up, and the serverside hit detection from before. This is making your wording seem a bit odd.

Quote:
The validity of the poll results and the nature in which people vote has already been addressed several times in this thread alone.
Considering I have no interest in going back to read it, why don't you give me your version of it? I'm sure it'll be colored by your views.

Quote:
How often do you play Classic? Additionally, nobody ever mentioned bringing back the default hit detection as a viable alternative.
I played a lot in the past. There's been no reason to actually PLAY for quite a while though, so I couldn't give you an exact answer, but this should give you a pretty good idea.
There you go again saying things definitively (as in, fact) when you simply can't know. I've already said that I've talked to a few people directly and they DO agree that a replication of the default hit detection would be preferable. This was only a FEW people.

Quote:
Something is telling me you didn't really think that one through, but again it has already been addressed.
Then don't bring it up, especially as an insult.

Quote:
he still ultimately decides what goes on the server.
I don't think you're very aware of the staff situation at all.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Ok, the previous HD has now been added back to events. What does that tell you? The current HD caused major problems in events and it's now been removed from events. The current HD is not good enough, yet it still remains in general on the overworld? Why exactly? It's been deemed unfit and a pain in the arse for events but somehow remains on the overworld. I don't get it. It's not really good enough. Whatever though, carry on living in blissful ignorance, Thor and the rest. There is absolutely no convincing you what is good for the server as long as you can convince yourself, right?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson2005 View Post
Ok, the previous HD has now been added back to events.
I can't say for sure if this is true or not, but I don't recall seeing anything in the various scripts to indicate it.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:16 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
I can't say for sure if this is true or not, but I don't recall seeing anything in the various scripts to indicate it.
Apparently DC applied this change last night after he experienced the annoyances it causes as it was being tested.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Apparently DC applied this change last night after he experienced the annoyances it causes as it was being tested.
That's certainly possible.

Oh, and for the record, Thor hasn't opposed the idea of changing the hit detection at all. (At least not to me.) I think that's a pretty good indication that he knows it's bad.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:24 PM
of House Targaryen
Quote:
That's certainly possible.

Oh, and for the record, Thor hasn't opposed the idea of changing the hit detection at all. (At least not to me.) I think that's a pretty good indication that he knows it's bad.
Changing, yes. Absolutely. Adjusting? It's not a case of adjusting really.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Adjusting? It's not a case of adjusting really.
I'm not sure where this came from. Adjustment wasn't even mentioned. Am I missing something?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
When it functions no differently than what you experienced before the NPC server? Yes. That's the point.
LOL? Do you even play Classic let alone Graal? The current HD is nothing like the default one that, say, UN has. I play both so I'd actually know.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Quote:
LOL? Do you even play Classic let alone Graal? The current HD is nothing like the default one that, say, UN has. I play both so I'd actually know.
Did you read the thread? I'm not referring to what currently exists. I know the current one sucks, as well as all the others, in terms of similarity to pre-NPC server functionality.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:08 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
i havent even switched it yet wow

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 02-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Did you read the thread? I'm not referring to what currently exists. I know the current one sucks, as well as all the others, in terms of similarity to pre-NPC server functionality.
Yes I did. If the all of the past scripted hit detections have sucked and haven't been like the default hit detection, how is yours is going to be any different?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Quote:
If the all of the past scripted hit detections have sucked and haven't been like the default hit detection, how is yours is going to be any different?
As I said, it's identical to the default. None of the previous ones have done this.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Quote:
As I said, it's identical to the default. None of the previous ones have done this.
How is it identical?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Quote:
How is it identical?
I've also explained this. Please go back and read, as I don't want to type it again.