Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I wouldn't say this is a V6 bug as it happens on V5 as well, but sometimes when you apply a scripted gani attribute to a player, and a different player then logs on within the same level, that different player will not see the resulting displays of that gani, or they might see it and then it will quickly disappear. If a different player were to simply enter the level for the first time however, then it works fine.

An example of what I'd like to be able to do:

PHP Code:

SCRIPT
function onPlayerEnters(){

temp.bg this.showimg(201"classic_gc_flagbearer_bar.png"player.xplayer.1);

this.changeimgpart(201004816);

temp.bg.layer 2;

temp.bg.attachtoowner true;

this.bar this.showimg(202"classic_gc_flagbearer_bar.png"player.0.3125player..75);

this.update();

this.bar.layer 2;

this.bar.attachtoowner true;

this.setTimer(1);
}

function 
onTimeout(){
  if(
player.attr[13] != this.fbpoints){

this.update();
  }

this.setTimer(1);
}

function 
update(){

this.fbpoints player.attr[13];

this.changeimgpart(202516max(138 * (this.fbpoints 200)), 8);
}
SCRIPTEND 
An example of what I'm having to do:

PHP Code:

SCRIPT
function onPlayerEnters(){

this.onTimeout();
}

function 
onTimeout(){
  if(
this.bar == NULL){

temp.bg this.showimg(201"classic_gc_flagbearer_bar.png"player.xplayer.1);

this.changeimgpart(201004816);

temp.bg.layer 2;

temp.bg.attachtoowner true;

this.bar this.showimg(202"classic_gc_flagbearer_bar.png"player.0.3125player..75);

this.update();

this.bar.layer 2;

this.bar.attachtoowner true;
  }
  else{
    if(
player.attr[13] != this.fbpoints){

this.update();
    }
  }

this.setTimer(1);
}

function 
update(){

this.fbpoints player.attr[13];

this.changeimgpart(202516max(138 * (this.fbpoints 200)), 8);
}
SCRIPTEND 
There are also no other gani attributes in use at the same time which could explain the disappearance, as I know that sometimes using the same index in 2 different gani scripts can cause conflict.

I also get the same problem with similar displays that have no timeouts involved, contained entirely within onPlayerEnters().
Old 07-26-2012, 02:05 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Okay so every time I run Windows Installer (like I need to install anything and it asks for administrator permission or what not) my client freezes and I have to resize it to unfreeze it. (Maximizing or minimizing doesn't work, but I have to actually resize it.) This happens on both my Windows 7 PC and my Windows Vista PC, both 64 bit.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Okay so every time I run Windows Installer (like I need to install anything and it asks for administrator permission or what not) my client freezes and I have to resize it to unfreeze it. (Maximizing or minimizing doesn't work, but I have to actually resize it.) This happens on both my Windows 7 PC and my Windows Vista PC, both 64 bit.
Try disabling screen dimming in the UAC settings.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:37 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Another day another dollar
Old 08-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Windows 8 is going into RTM on August 15th.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:57 AM
alskdjfhg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
Windows 8 is going into RTM on August 15th.
Actually, I think it came out on the 1st, correct me if I'm wrong though...
Old 08-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Yup. I was wrong. It's being released to developers on the 15th.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Sorting playerlist by account names stops showing friends on other servers. At the same time, people who have you on their friend list are unable to see you online on other servers.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-30-2012, 06:32 AM
alskdjfhg
Can anyone confirm that V6 is still been worked on?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
I've been noticing that my options menu (F3) randomly changes when I load the client.

Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_optionsmenu_01.png
Views:	352
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	55059
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_optionsmenu_02.png
Views:	355
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	55060
Old 09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
May be it's still old on Login2.
We are still working on v6 for Windows, we plan to release a new version soon with improved startup time and less lag when downloading files from the server.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We are still working on v6 for Windows, we plan to release a new version soon with improved startup time and less lag when downloading files from the server.
I don't suppose you've addressed the bugs & suggestions I addressed here in this new version?

I personally can't stress the importance of getting the following bugs fixed, I could make some very cool stuff with them - including a re-release of Maloria using nothing but tilelayer levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
  • Drawing an NPC on a TDrawingPanel (clientside) causes the NPC to become invisible in the level until it changes image/gani or the level is updated: Link 1 Link 2
  • Objects drawn on a TDrawingPanel using drawObject() can't be removed using clearAll(): Link 1
  • Some levels with several tilelayers aren't drawn properly until the window is resized a couple of times: Link 1

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-14-2012, 05:06 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but when you begin dragging a GUI via gui.startDrag();, and then move your mouse outside of the client window and click somewhere, the gui will freeze on the spot and no onStopDrag() event is received.
It doesn't happen in V5.

Last edited by ffcmike; 09-14-2012 at 10:15 PM..
Old 09-26-2012, 04:02 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Release New Windows Client!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:34 AM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
This may or may not be specifically a v6 problem. When a player has been in a level which uses tilelayers, and one of the tilelayers is removed, the client's tilelayercount variable is not updated. Even after restarting the client and logging in again, the tilelayercount variable is still incorrect. This is only the case when a tilelayer is removed; when tilelayers are added, the client's tilelayercount variable is adjusted correctly.

Tags
graal v6, windows