Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
Make places for new servers that has quality content (if there is any).
To be honest Valikorlia has some of the highest quality content and has been this way for years. While everyone else was just understanding the implications of custom ganis on non-p2p playerworlds, Valikorlia was already using custom weapons in 2002 along with nice monster gani weapons. By 2003 they had a nice gui (for it's time) and RPG system. 2004 saw a very good looking worldmap and they were already shrinking players (to fit with the worldmap).

Even today, it has some nice tiles and some talented artists. It's a shame most of them only make graphics (heads, bodies, etc) for themselves, and not for Valikorlia or Graal as a whole though. Then again, you can't really blame them. ("PAY 2 DEVELOP LOLS!!1").
Old 11-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
What I meant with that is that when I play a game, I want to have something to do, not just play in the woods with swords and pretend that I am something I'm not.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:55 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What I meant with that is that when I play a game, I want to have something to do, not just play in the woods with swords and pretend that I am something I'm not.
That's what you're doing when you play the game no matter if it's RP, racing, or minigolf.

I play Oblivion as an Argonian Witchhunter. I actually go through towns wiping out Mages Guild members and magic users, and that's not part of the game at all, I just like to get into and play the part of a witch hunter. But just because I play that role in a game, does it mean I want to do it in real life?

Just because people RP doesn't mean they fall short of being cool people - maybe, god forbid, they enjoy playing the game.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:33 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
They're still working on a combat system. I don't know about you but exploring and talking to people makes up a good portion of what I do on Graal anyway.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Banned
Talking... I do that here if there's any interesting threads. On aim/msn or on IRC. :P Exploring, sure, I do that, but it's not that fun if there isn't anything to find. I like stuff with storylines. Something to lay my thoughts on while playing.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:49 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I like stuff with storylines. Something to lay my thoughts on while playing.
RP'ing is being a part of the story.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned
That is making your own story. I don't pay for using my own imagination. I pay for content, sure Valikorlia has nice graphics and good gui whatnot but I require more. Isn't there anyone on graal that shares the same thoughts?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:02 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Call us Valikorlians nerds, if you want. But, we can out-develop any server on this game, if we weren't so damn lazy.
Quote:
That is making your own story. I don't pay for using my own imagination. I pay for content, sure Valikorlia has nice graphics and good gui whatnot but I require more. Isn't there anyone on graal that shares the same thoughts?
Then don't play Valikorlia. It's a text-based roleplaying game, y'know. There's a bunch of other servers out there.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:04 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Isn't there anyone on graal that shares the same thoughts?
That RP'ing is stupid and that it takes an expert storyteller to enjoy it? Yeah, they're on Zone and Era.

Quote:
That is making your own story.
You don't create your own story from scratch, you create yourself and tuck yourself safely within the already made RP. It's not all about you, you're not writing the play, you're just a useless background character - just like you are on every other server, RP or not.

Quote:
I don't use my own imagination.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That RP'ing is stupid and that it takes an expert storyteller to enjoy it? Yeah, they're on Zone and Era.
Zone and Era? Are you kidding? Those guys are just kids that isn't able to play Counter-strike/Battlefield or whatever ebcause their parents think it's too gory.

Era and Zone has no story what so ever.

Atleast Classic has some kind of story. Even though it's been broken/incomplete/dull/boring since 3-4 years back when they started over from scratch.

Quote:
You don't create your own story from scratch, you create yourself and tuck yourself safely within the already made RP. It's not all about you, you're not writing the play, you're just a useless background character - just like you are on every other server, RP or not.
You sure are a stubborn little fella, aren't you? Can't I have my own opinions of what a good game is built upon without getting flamed about it?

Just stop being a douche.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:24 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
You sure are a stubborn little fella, aren't you? Can't I have my own opinions of what a good game is built upon without getting flamed about it?
You're playing RP'ing off as bad and useless, that's hardly an opinion. And your 'opinion' is baseless, as you seem to have no idea what RP'ing even is.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You're playing RP'ing off as bad and useless, that's hardly an opinion. And your 'opinion' is baseless, as you seem to have no idea what RP'ing even is.
I know what roleplaying is. You put yourself in a role as a another person/animal/thing and makes up background stories and pretend to do stuff that isn't actually happening. When I play a game, I play as myself. This doesn't mean I think of myself as a god or anything like that. I just think it's unnecessary to pretend to be something you're not. Sure, I'm youmat on classic, and look like an ape in a somewhat stormtrooperlooking body. But that's it. I don't run around and marrying other players on graal because I think that's just plain stupid. However the feeling of having successfully completed a quest on the other hand is great.

I guess I'm to old to play with toys and pretend I'm spiderman. But that doesn't mean I don't have any imagination. I haven't insulted you personally in any way. So why should you?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
I guess I'm to old to play with toys and pretend I'm spiderman. But that doesn't mean I don't have any imagination. I haven't insulted you personally in any way. So why should you?
You just insulted role players. And geez, I don't know, RP-PvE servers on a MMORPG from a certain company named Blizzard are damned popular, not to mention RPing in general all over the world, you know that Dungeons & Dragons stuff etcetera.

As a daily RPer myself, I can definitely tell you that you have gotten the wrong impression of what role playing really is about.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-23-2008, 12:47 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
I'd feel safe saying that Valikorlia has the oldest average playerbase on Graal. While you may call what you're doing roleplaying, it really isn't near any level of true roleplaying. Text-based roleplaying is probably the truest form of it.

And, yeah, you might call us losers. But, a lot of us are actually intelligent, and lead pretty satisfactory lives. Not to mention that I'm probably 150x better than you at anything that involves creativity and strategy.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Banned
Still, my point is that everyone doesn't roleplay and there should be a server somewhere more like classic was, with quest. Sure you can RP on classic too, but it had something to do other than shooting and talking. Which I have yet to see on another server. There's just many RP servers and one adventure server.

My intention wasn't to insult roleplayers, and there's no need to feel hurt just because I'm not into roleplaying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I'd feel safe saying that Valikorlia has the oldest average playerbase on Graal. While you may call what you're doing roleplaying, it really isn't near any level of true roleplaying. Text-based roleplaying is probably the truest form of it.
I have been into text-based roleplaying, and that's quite fun. It's more like reading a book and you get to imagine the atmosphere and how the people look like. Still, I don't play games to roleplay, I play games to rest my head and to not imagine.

Quote:
And, yeah, you might call us losers. But, a lot of us are actually intelligent, and lead pretty satisfactory lives. Not to mention that I'm probably 150x better than you at anything that involves creativity and strategy.
Where did I call you losers? I have just said that RP'ing in Graal doesn't appeal me. Not in any game. Maybe in MUD's but nothing that already has graphics in it. Stop taking stuff I said out of context. I still haven't insulted you in any way. Saying that you're better than me in creativity is plain stupid since you don't know me. I make music which requires some sort of imagination. You might be right about strategy but that doesn't bother me.
Closed Thread