Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > New Scripting Engine (GS2)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I've noticed that occasionally when the first tab in the script editor opens up, the scrollbar may only allow you to scroll down to a certain point (I estimate around 30-40 lines) and you have to open a second tab, close the first, (Optionally close the second) reopen the one you originally wanted to edit before the scrollbar will allow you to go right to the end of the script.

Using CTRL + End, you are able to make the cursor go to the bottom, though you cannot see it. The bottom visible line is line 59 and doesn't allow you to scroll any lower unless you do the above mentioned actions.
Does resizing the window fix it?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Does resizing the window fix it?
Yes, it does.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Yes, it does.
It's just because the control is initialised with a fixed size, I'll add some code to resize it to match the text.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
More features added today:
  • Find/replace in the Script Editor, which allows you to search scripts and replace text in the currently selected tab.
  • Edit as Text has been added to the file browser.
These new changes require the latest v6 beta to work (version 5.257 or later). The latest Mac beta is uploaded right now for testers and I think a Windows version is following shortly.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
It would be cool if the huge scripts list would not immediately try to load a script just because I click its name in order to focus the list so I can start a type-ahead search which should, incidentally, also work. Also when I am not scrolled all the way up, mouseovering entries in the huge lists seems to force them to be re-rendered in a slightly different position than scrolling renders them at. The script window itself seems not entirely certain where to render its tabs, and occasionally half-overwrites the top couple of pixels of the text area with a half-rendered tab bar.

I am using the blue theme, fwiw.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
  • When the chat input bar gets focus it should immediately go to the phase of the animation in which the cursor is visible instead of leaving me hanging and wondering whether it really has focus for a second!
  • The popup menu for rightclicking players on the playerlist is not actually a window, that makes it close to useless with a reasonably sized playerlist window. Also scrolling it makes the surrounding parts of the playerlist render in slightly the wrong place, too.
  • When the game is minimized or whatever there is no indication of incoming PMs.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
  • When the game is minimized or whatever there is no indication of incoming PMs.
On Linux?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
On Linux?
You could always interface with libnotify if it's on the system. That'd be neat.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
On Linux?
Yeah.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
When I detach a tab in the script editor, it adds blank lines between every line in the script.

So, the scripts lines literally double. A script like

PHP Code:
function onCreated() {
  echo(
"Hello!");

then becomes
PHP Code:
function onCreated() {

echo(
"Hello!");

So, if you were to update the script after detaching...you would have a lot of blank lines. XD
Old 07-25-2010, 08:55 AM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
When I detach a tab in the script editor, it adds blank lines between every line in the script.

So, the scripts lines literally double. A script like

PHP Code:
function onCreated() {
  echo(
"Hello!");

then becomes
PHP Code:
function onCreated() {

echo(
"Hello!");

So, if you were to update the script after detaching...you would have a lot of blank lines. XD
Why script with this RC anyways? XD
Old 07-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
Because NC on UN takes forever to load and if I want to quickly edit a script...

Also, getting used to it when we are forced to use client rc.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
Because it's intended to take the place of the external RC.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-25-2010, 09:25 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Because it's intended to take the place of the external RC.
And it does a very ****ty job of it.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
If the client rc doesn't perfectly replicate external rc by the time we are forced to use it...I seriously don't know if I can script with it.

Maybe if I use notepad+ and just import the scripts....