Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Everytime I let any of my staff through the ages work on multiple servers, I find they tend to leave for another server as they quickly get bored and enveloped in another server.

I usually dissallow any staff I hire not to work on multiple servers unless I know they are worth keeping for the sake they do produce something.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
That's why your server never was released
Old 06-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Allright..

I understand this command will never be here because of private reasons, I know what i needed to know..

Since everyone is going offtopic
Closed.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
Allright..

I understand this command will never be here because of private reasons, I know what i needed to know..

Since everyone is going offtopic
Closed.
I am reopening so the multi-server working discussion can continue because someone requested it. Since your issue has been answered, it shouldnt be a problem..
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Rusty Bedsprings
Rice2k will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rice2k Send a message via MSN to Rice2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I've learned that if you limit your staff just to work for you "or else" they don't enjoy working for you long...in most cases at least...
giving them some free space doesnt harm
I agree with Elk. Server Members should be able to work on other servers also. if you contain them to one server either they will quit working for you. or they will come up with crappy work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOd View Post
did anyone else see "Cubical killed rice2k with lightning (spar)" flooding the right side of the screen yesterday? You killed the poor guy like 5 times a second
Old 06-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Everytime I let any of my staff through the ages work on multiple servers, I find they tend to leave for another server as they quickly get bored and enveloped in another server.
And you don't think they'll get bored if forced to work on a server they might not be particularly interested in at that very moment(face it, we all work on servers but sometimes we do get bored of working on the same stuff all the time and need a small break).
Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Professional Programmer
Paradoxical is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Paradoxical Send a message via MSN to Paradoxical
There are pros and cons to multistaffing policies, but in Graal, the cons are more prevelent than the pros.

In the real business world, you obviously don't want your contracted employees making efforts to help your competitors, becase you pay them.

However, on Graal, are any of us actually payed? Hell, some playerworlds buy gold for their staff, but not many, and does gold actually go into our pockets where we can use it to pay bills and buy necessities? Not really.

On Graal you have no right to limit where somone can work, you don't pay them, and they don't get anything out of their work, but you get to have your server be productive and attract players, who gets the short end of the stick? Us developers.

"In the middle of difficulty, lies oppertunity."
-Albert Einstein