Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Graal Kingdoms Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:37 PM
vigilant_death2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vigilant_death2 Send a message via Yahoo to vigilant_death2
NAT Application

I would be very interested in joining the GK team as a NAT.
I began graal most actively around 2003 and began scripting very shortly after.
GK has always been one of my favorite servers for it's true uniqueness in every aspect.
I do miss the days when everyone mined because it was actually important and would like to bring some of those aspects back to it.
If anyone remembers when level 20 was king... (heh shrimpy) well those were the good ole days eh?
I think changing the level up system and combat formulas would drastically improve the gameplay there possibly even adding a quest system whether it be randomly generated or storyline.
GK has always had the greatest potential but seems to fall short...
But, of course, those are nothing more then personal opinions .

As a NAT I know I would be able to improve the server.
I am extremely active in graal and on average put anywhere from 5-10 hours a day into graal mainly doing dev work rather then playing.
I really don't have any scripts that I can post here but some of the neater things I have coded before include a Level Editor with undo, ground tile select(and it shows the image of the tiles you grab :P), and ability to save only when you want to.
A mini map that is rendered from the tiles themselves which makes quite a nifty script as you don't need to update it when you add more areas!

I suppose if you are looking for any true example scripts feel free to forum PM me or catch me on Dark Diamond as I'm almost always there and if not I will be AFK on RC .
[also you can get a sneak preview of that mini map in its beta form!]

look for Neo/vigilant_death2

Also, I know you may not be looking for a NAT atm but I'm at least putting my interest in this out there !
Old 02-24-2008, 08:43 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Try again when Scripters are actually being hired.
Edit: Read the bottom, but they'll still not appreciate you posting this when they aren't hiring.

Oh, and also, next time you try out, post examples.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:55 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Try again when Scripters are actually being hired.
Edit: Read the bottom, but they'll still not appreciate you posting this when they aren't hiring.

We are always looking for developers, hirings are just for special projects or so. You can post applications all the time but don't expect something to happen with them if there is no hiring thread posted for what you apply

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 02-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
No reason to post examples out where anyone can steal them. If the hiring person needs example they can get over PM/IM.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
No reason to post examples out where anyone can steal them. If the hiring person needs example they can get over PM/IM.
If I were to apply for a position through forums, I would definitely give examples from the Code Gallery. I try to release as many of my scripts as I can anyway.

EDIT: I apologize if this is off-topic, delete it if you need to.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:08 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
You should post on the forums alot more so the public will get to know you better :o
Old 02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
If it matter, which it probably doesnt, I would like to add that Ive never heard of the guy, and Ive heard of most, if not all, scripters thats worth getting heard of.

What im trying to point out, is, that going from nowhere to a Gold server might be a bit too much for you. You should probably also try to mention former managers etc that you've worked for, if they would vouch for you. The better references you have, the bigger the chance of getting hired - that applies pretty much everywhere.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-25-2008, 04:36 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Just because a scripter isn't popular doesn't mean that they're not good...
Old 02-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Neo, you should apply for the battle island project if you wish to development for GK.
It looks like it would be a good way for you to get the job you are looking for.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Just because a scripter isn't popular doesn't mean that they're not good...
Being popular and heard of are two completely different things, Andrew.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-25-2008, 07:05 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
ok

Just because a scripter hasn't made themselfs known doesn't mean that they're not good, Ziro.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:12 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I think we'd all like to see examples. Any good scripter would have some scripts laying around that he wouldn't mind giving out. The scripting community learns to respect people more when they post their scripts to help other people. Besides, I think I know him, but I don't know the extent of his skills.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
ok

Just because a scripter hasn't made themselfs known doesn't mean that they're not good, Ziro.
I think you misunderstood my post. Im not saying hes not a good scripter, but since he isnt known, it would speak in his favor to have other people that could vouch for him, since no matter how good he is, he might be corrupt, lazy, or just want a fancy title. Thats why I mentioned it in the first place.

Closed Thread