Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2016, 01:53 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Graal has an accessibility issue

I was talking with my real-life friend who is in school working toward a PhD is the classical music field. In the past he has sent me samples of video game music he's made for fun and I've realized he is very talented beyond what I've seen anyone on Graal be able to create. This friend and I have had many long conversations about video game music as we are both big fans of the sound work done in games like Earthbound and Zelda.

I was explaining to him that I am managing an online game project that he could possibly contribute to. The conversation eventually got to this:

Quote:
Cool man, send a link I'll check it out sometime
So with most games, I could just send a link and they would arrive at the website and download the game, and that's it. But after checking out the Graal website I realized that creating an account and getting online to the actual game is such a confusing nightmare that I don't even wish to give the link to people. It's embarassing and what will happen is that most people will give up, not subscribe, and move on.

If you don't think this is a factor in Graal's declining playerbase you are insane. This is the reason.

2 things could be done to solve this problem (and none of it is difficult):

- Make a better website, and if you can't do that, revert to a previous version of the website. Make sure it is clear and easy to understand how to download the client and play the game. (do players still have to subscribe? I don't even know anymore. If I'm confused then imagine how new players feel.)

- Advertise. That's it, just advertise. This could not be easier, considering most of the advertisement could be free ads placed on the Facebook client. Also you can pay facebook to advertise for you, it's a win-win. I'd almost be willing to pay for some of this out of my pocket because it's such a no-brainer.