Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2013, 03:28 AM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
Because honesty via sarcasm is now represented by calling a server a shooting range? Not entirely sure that's accurate. I do believe that the extensive amount of question marks should have addressed the tone of that poorly constructed sentence; it also somehow seems pretty similar to the original post it was made for.

Same response to you as I gave MD: READ! There are multiple times (pages, really) where I have explicitly stated that the core outline for the server is not yet solidified nor released to the public. What I have said is that we have an idea that we're following, and that idea has been stated a few times. I don't believe I've referenced iClassic for any structural ideas pertaining to iUN. Not to mention I'm not even heading this project!

The entire point of this thread is only to announce that it is underway, not to provide a detailed outline of what iUN is going to be. Unfortunately, all I've been able to cover is what it isn't. Though that isn't entirely my fault as the majority of things brought up have been somewhere along the lines of 'how it will differ from iClassic', which is what I'm guessing you're meaning when you state that I'm referencing iClassic. However, that reading thing will show why that server was even mentioned at all. I think the first response even had that server's name in it. In the first post though, the mentioning of iClassic was basically the "inb4" effect. It was entirely sarcastic, but has already been brought into question. So I hope that isn't what was being addressed.

Please, no more of these comments unless you've actually read the entire thread. Repetition is getting quite old.
It would be better for you and I if I broke down your response via multiple quotes to point out some flaws in what you said, but honestly I don't feel like it.

You make it explicitly clear, using italics, that you have an idea you are following -- and from what I read it has been "mentioned" a few times. However, you say before that sentence that the core outline of the server has not been solidified. We also have an admin (Stowen) saying that nothing (no idea, no anything) has been solidified yet.

Being that contradictory in one post is going to leave anyone that reads it with some questions, including myself. What others and I are trying to do is ascertain what in the hell iUN actually is, other than a word in a post. You referenced iClassic, so naturally others began asking questions and wondering how iUN was different. You were/are not prepared to answer those questions because of a classified set of "ideas" that, based on your last post, I question if they even exist.

Why post that "development is underway" for iUN if you aren't going to tell anyone any of the core ideas or what it is based on? Leaving something so open ended like that is going to bring in a lot of criticism, speculation, and unwanted posts (I say unwanted based off of some of your replies). Might of been better to wait to post something like that.

Finally, you state you are not even heading up the project. It might be more helpful to have someone post about it that is heading up the project, that way someone a little more knowledgeable of what is going on could explain the proposed server a bit better.

Before you rapid fire on the quote button and get really angry, know that this is not an attack on you. I know you are just eager about the prospective project and wanted to post, perhaps without thinking about the backlash from the forum goers. I wish y'all the best of luck.